Quitting smoking

so fit i've been smoking for some time now and I want to quit. I got asthma as well so I've noticed some difference in my breathing over time.
anyone here quit? if so, how?

I did. Just stopped smoking.

cold turkey?

This. Just don't buy cigarettes and stay away from smokers.

I tapered for a couple weeks. Then quit after 2 cigs a day from half a pack.

I quit two years ago... I noticed that i can breath much deep and I don't have to cough any more. I can actually do cardio now without dying. It is one of the best things you can do to improve your health :D

try nicotine patches.. i used them two years ago and i am smoke free since them.

best decision of my life.

Vaporlites.

If you use nicotine substitutes, you're officially a spineless worm. Stop smoking. Throw out any cigarettes and lighters and just stop. Figure out your motivation for quitting and remind yourself whenever it gets tough.

lol, and i bet you faggot can't stop smoking, hm? fat piece of shit

Buy quitting aids like lozenges or gum, worked for me after about 3 weeks

"weaning" yourself off cigaretttes never works

cold turkey = best way & easiest way by far

bullshit, nu male faggot

it sounds gay and makes you look like an autist, but vaping worked for me.

after vaping for only a week or two I had a normal cigarette and it tasted terrible to me. walking down the street the smell of cigarettes (which normally gave me cravings after I quit cold turkey) turned me off.

at some point after that I just quit vaping.

Allen carr's easy way. It's a life changer. The easiest way to quit by far.

I think the biggest thing is not hanging out with people who do smoke

you could also vape

Chantix. 10/10
Worth the cost
I haven't smoked in 3 years

How much do people have to smoke to get addicted anyway? During college I smoked a lot but never felt a real need to do it and then I just stopped and have rarely done it since. Do you have to chain smoke multiple packs a week?

Hard to say, must people don't notice they're addicted before it's too late

You have 15 years after your last cigarette before you fully recover.

>muh smoking is bad for you
It's literally propaganda, I've been smoking for 7 years and I don't have cancer.

There's a fat fuck sitting at home somewhere who isn't smoking, which makes him better than you in that aspect.

Think about it, that lazy piece of shit has, quite ironically, enough self control to stay away from fags, more than you anyway

Tbh I had to get chantix because I'm a weak willed faggot but it worked really well. Went from half a pack daily to nothing in two weeks, and now whenever I have a craving I run instead. Being able to breathe reminds me why it's worth quitting.

Couldn't stop cold turkey myself. Tried a few times and couldn't do it. I eventually stopped gradually by smoking less and less each week.
It also helps to tackle some of the thought patterns and justifications smokers use. "I can smoke cus im drunk" "Ill have a fag cuz i've had a shitty day". Just accept that these are the thoughts of an addict. If you feel weak and end up smoking don't make excuses.
Also if you can combine quitting with a life change like moving or changing jobs it can be pretty damn helpful for breaking the habbit.
The benefits of quitting are worth it. After a year I never even think about smoking anymore.

Smoke 2 packs a day. Had my car breakdown and couldn't afford a new one and a smoking habit. Chose the car. 6 years later, still strong.

Cold turkey. You can do it; if you're not a bitch.

The best was is to just go cold turkey. The cravings will be brutal but make a list of reasons, written or mental, of why you want to stop and think about those things and distract yourself with chores/cleaning.

For me, I know my friends and family all don't want me to smoke and thinking about their disappointment helps. Also, I want to get healthy and stop being a skinny fag.

Tell people you are quitting and think about the shitty taste is leaves in your mouth.

I thought it'd be on here more, but I think vaping is a pretty good idea.
Just don't be a huge, mega, vape faggot.
Vaping is just flavored water/syrup, not heavy, nasty-ass smoke. Several of my friends stopped smoking and started vaping and they all say it feels way better after a few months.
Of course, they may just be justifying following the trend and looking like douches, but who knows?

>see cigarettes
>want to smoke
>know i shouldnt
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I used weed to quit smoking... it's easy as fuck

I know that feel, everyone in my family and all of my friends smoking at least a pack in a day.

oldfag reporting, smoked for 16 years, quit cold turkey an year ago.

what worked for me was to try changing my daily routine as much as I could. Pay attention to yours and identify what triggers your smoking habit. For instance, I used to wake up, take a cup of coffee and smoke a cig with it before showering, so when I stopped I went to the shower first, then ate my breakfast. Point is, you'll be amazed by how much stuff you do every day that you end up associating with your smoking habit without even realising it, and changing little things in your routine breaks that, which works very well to keep the cravings down.

Also, drink water. Every single time you want a cig, water it down. Prepare to pee a lot.

Of course there are shit you just won't be able to change. That last cig before bed for instance, that you'll just have to suck it up and say fuck it. Also, avoid alcohol like the plague for at least a week or two. I started cold turkey on a monday, and by friday the cravings and general anxiety were pretty mild already so I went out for a couple of beers, it was harder than I anticipated to keep myself clean. I didn't smoked after all but it felt like a test of faith.