- Dumbbell row
- Weighted pushup

Everyones stuck doing pulldowns and bb bench press

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yd-hDuZCMDY
livestrong.com/article/142506-different-kinds-jump-ropes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dumbbell rows are god tier

weighted pushups... why would you ever do that...

squats and deadlifts

>Dumbbell rows

are they substitution for barbell rows? o

this

>weighted pushups... why would you ever do that...

Closed kinetic chain horizontal press. Beats the bench imo.

Weighted dips are probably better/more sensible though.

I prefer dumbbell to barbell rows. I can get the bar, wrists and shoulders in a comfortable position that feels and flows naturally. With dumbbells it's way easier on my wrist and I feel it way more. Get some sled pulls in your life too, great way to mix up a back routine

Dumbbell row is one of the most common ex's you see in the gym

one of these threads taught me about
>dumbell pullovers
>zottman curls

I see a half dozen chubby basement dwellers doing these at the gym every day

How many memes are you on?

>not doing straight leg deadlifts

Why even lift

When I used to go to 24 hour fitness I never saw anyone jump rope. The amount of huge dudes who asked me about jumping rope and its benefits was insane. I know at least 3 people that bought jump ropes after mirin me jump roping for 10 rounds.

Now that I go to a boxing gym that's all I see folks doing.

For Xmas I plan to get mostly everyone jump ropes. Its so fucking good for you. I can honestly say my life has significantly improved since I started jump roping.

They fell for the ss meme

What if they need to build lower back as well? Not just that luscious ass (no homo)

- weighted pull ups

- weighted dips

what would you say the benefits are?

i've been jump roping for cardio warmup and to help work calves, but havent really noticed anything that big come from it. i do one legged jump ropes 2x50

>Bulgarian split squats
>Properly done Romanian Deadlifts
>Standing dumbbell OHP with full ROM
>Decline barbell bench press

I also do
>cable glute pull throughs
>a curl with the curl bar, resistance band & combined

so four?

>weighted dips

Shoulder movement lad

>mfw the only guy on the gym doing weighted dips

they all know about my furries

Stamina, hand eye coordination, speed, better breathing, punching power, steonger calves it also helps me relax, which is very important when I spar later, to stay relaxed during high intensity workouts. I box, so jump roping is mandatory for me.

I go 5-10 rounds 3 minutes each round. Sometimes I'll skip the rest in between rounds and keep jumping rope. I'm not so sure if 2x50 is the best way to go about it.

>do two different types of rows on the cord machine to target lats and then mid back
>do dumbbell rows afterwards anyway
>catch people staring at me like I'm retarded
The normies can fucking hang themselves tbqh. Rows are life.

No. Barbell rows are an accessory exercise for dumbbell rows.

Isn't doing weighed pushups alone kinda awkward? Why not just bench?

How does jump roping increase punching power? That makes literally no sense to me. Other points seem reasonable and I don't actually do it so not calling you an autist or anything. Just curious why you think that while providing a reasonable explanation

Stronger legs = a stronger punch. You dont just punch with your arms. Jumping rope has helped me when I pivot when throwing my power punches, I'm able to snap the punch quicker and get my feet back in place right after. Its also helped me learn how to shift weight better from one side of my body to another when doing the one legged skips and what not.

i seem to have some physical disability preventing me from doing bentover rows without fucking up my lower back or hitting my knees

is dumbell rows comparable or are they inferior or compromising in comparison to bent over barbell rows?

How are Zottman curls a meme?

Romanian deadlift is inferior to the normal version.

Also, helps with the explosiveness needed to throw a power punch.

That's true, my boxing friend and me were at a bar once with one of those punching bag machines, the highest score was 80 and me thinking "I've lifted for 3 years, I can definitely top that score", I do it and get about 50. My friend is like "Use your legs, make sure you pivot then punch" and then I got 100+ getting the highest score. It was a good night :).

I workout from home and only have a pair of dumbells. So i do weighted push ups as a alt for bench press. It is the same movement.

I don't have access to a gym as im basically in a Norwegian prison. Its like my cocoon.

>Weighted dips
aka shoulder explodes.

>Power Cleans
Literally god tier

I find DB superior. Issue is you run out of weight fast, most gyms only go up to 50kg (110lb) dumbbells which you will get to pretty quick.

how are these even underrated

I find it tough to program them.

50kg is easy to get to?

There is no good alternative to hit the lower chest good when you are stronger than any cable machine weight.

Yeah. Keep the reps low (5-8) and you can expect to add 2.5kg weekly without much issue.

I do not have this problem, and I have replaced my bench with dips entirely.

But if you do have this shoulder issue and want a non-bench exercise, that is a great opportunity for weighted push ups.

Bench press
How much weight do you use? I found shoulder pressure at ~2 plate up.

weighted muscle ups

I see an occasional squatter, but almost never see anyone deadlifting.

>tfw nobody can teach me how to do them
JUST

>How many memes are you on?
About tree fiddy

Straight legs aren't the same as Romanian.

Heavy carries

Twizzled bar shoulder bangers in the bent knee rump wrecking rack.

>TFW you can barbell row 3pl8 but can't do a single pull up

for anyone that works out at home and has enough standard plates, an 18" 3/4" pipe (1.05" OD) + some collars will easily take you to past 110lbs. A 24" length will take you to 200lbs if you have thin pancake plates

THIS

Git stronk/less big

W-what? How fat are you?

Running

Can you describe a proper RDL?

Lol

280lbs of pure British Beef.

>running
>at the gym

nigga go outside and run. I never understood treadmill fags

Agility is incredibly important for punching a trained opponent. Think about how hard it would be to tag Mayweather. Also, watch that dude jump rope. It'll blow your mind

youtube.com/watch?v=yd-hDuZCMDY

i hate one arm dumbbell rows. i cant ever feel it in my back. i have to do incline dumbbell rows.

I'm looking for a new one since my last one was leather and got torn to shreds.
Could you recommend me a good one bro?

This! A friend of mine has a ridiculous wingspan and his back day is just set after set of pull-ups with a few other things thrown in. Every time I do them it hits my lats much better than rows do.

Starting Strength, the most beginner of beginner programs, and really the basis of all other beginner programs (let's face it, everyone just looked at SS and tweaked it to their liking and gave it a thinly veiled new name), has it.

I'm 6"2 265 and I can get 4 Chinup reps with 2x 45s on my dip belt, if you're rowing with even somewhat okay form there's no chance you can't do a body weight Chinup or pullup.

Generally most things dumbbell is bretty gud and sometimes superior to the barbell version, but like user stated, the reason why people tend to stop using them is because it becomes a logistics concern rather than a programming concern.

DBs are harder to find in higher weights, and setting up/getting spots (for lifts that you might want them) is difficult or impractical. Incremental weights are a slight annoyance too, as a 2.5 lbs plate is still a 10 lbs total increase in something like bench or OHP so you'd have to be THAT guy who brings in his special snowflake fractional plates.

Just pay attention to form more with DB rows. You're doing a row, not a one-handed bent over power clean.

No one uses full rom for OHP or db shoulder press.

>tfw can do 10 weighted pull ups with 20 kg between my legs, and can't do a single muscle up without extra weight

How do you into muscle up bruhs?

>Closed kinetic chain horizontal press. Beats the bench imo.
Lol. So much broscience. Fucking retards putting plates on theirback.

>any rows aside from 80 degree body weight jerk ups
>front squats
>sprints
>rowing on the machine
>skullcrushers
>hammer curls
>standing OHP

About 5 or 6 right now, my dude.

tfw you do 4 of these feelsbuenoman

front squats
barbell lunges (though I've seen people doing them lately, I assume they are imitating me)
glute bridges (only the jacked dudes do these)
reverse curls
OHP (people do seated military press but that's it)

I know, I did SS, I finished it years ago. It's hard to program Cleans into a 3 day split because it's both back/trap and legs heavy.

You could go Pull/Push/Legs*/Rest but that means rest comes after legs and doesn't allow for cardio. I prefer Pull/Legs/Push/Rest**

* Includes cleans
** Includes core work

Wrist curls?

Amazing. I love the reveal that he is wearing ankle weights

This. What jump rope should I get? Someone throw me a (you) when he answers.

Essentially, you can row more weight with a barbell and incorporate muscle groupings differently than when you dumbbell row, but they're both staples to a balanced program. It's like curling with a barbell and a dumbbell; they're both useful and you should do them both, alternating every so often (4-6 weeks) depending on what your training is like.

Assuming you have an alright deadlift form, the full motion is deducted into three sequences: (a) the pull, (b) shrug, and (c) catch. Think of it like the (a) deadlift, (b) barbell shrug, (c) front squat, because those are going to be the most similar exercises I can equate each position to.

Assume a deadlift stance with your feet a little closer in than shoulder-width, maintain that neutral spine, pull the weight and think about shrugging with all your might when the barbell is about mid thighs over your knees, extend with that shrug through your toes (almost like a jump) and while the barbell rises to around chest level, you're going to plant yourself under it in a squat position guiding the momentum of the bar to your clavicle and your triceps should be horizontal to the ground. That's like the best, most basic explanation I can give you. Watch Rippletoe explain it and work on your mobility. It's easy when you get it down but it will take coaching to move into the higher bracket of weightlifting.

>Decline bench
>Not high-pulley crossover master race

I found this, I got interested in jumping rope too, I'm going to get one in the morning.

livestrong.com/article/142506-different-kinds-jump-ropes/

There's only like 10 variations of movements you ever need anyway

There are no secret god tier exercises it's all a fucking meme

You can do pullups, curls and squats and dips for 10 years straight and end up looking the exact fucking same as someone who did 50 variations of shit

[Desire to know more intensifies]

pretty much, at least once you get past functional movement stuff

as long as you hit every muscle and train it hard it doesn't matter if you did dumb bell or barbell, they are the exact samething

>Everyones stuck

Everyone's, you illiterate faggot. And no, weighted push ups are a waste of time but you're fat, American and stupid so I don't expect you to know any better.

You are but a child

Not the guy you replied to, but I can dip 50kg for reps full ROM (BW@71kg) and my shoulders feel fine

most compounds other than bench. i only see like 5% of the people in my gym and other gyms doing OHP, squats, deads and pull ups. granted most people in the gym are normies browsing bb.com first page who do retarded bro splits

Reverse curls

Yes. I'm a mid/late novice and I can do 50 kg dumbbell rows for sets of 5, and I know guys in my gym who can do 60 kg for high reps with no problem.

>Military press (people do seated OHP but that's it)

Sorry my autism kicked in

This is very true, too bad you only learn this shit after training for 10+ years. It just takes time.

LITERALLY an Olympic meme exercise

Straight back and legs