/PLG/ Powerlifting General

hot

fresh

(shitty)

memes coming through

instagram.com/p/BKURxUWhlzV/?taken-by=norsefat

in other news, welcome to /plg/ - mostly garbage

some day i'll finish the survey results, that day is not today.

But we do have a website (powerliftinggeneral.com) and you can check out this sicc spreadsheet full of gr8 information m8

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P-_gNDvxcr6iiXSXvW0AHkN5-xpulB1oAU-V8IXzXUY/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qMEy-svvQJo
youtube.com/watch?v=M-52g--ypjA
discord.gg/KJWbj
youtube.com/watch?v=fY9anCkLlWM
youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for I'm a weak twink, but at least I'm trying hard and eating big.

Bryce is on steroids

same

Jesus fuck, did he have a seizure?

Did you remember to use Radonta Whiteâ„¢ today?

So what exactly is happening there?

7th for norsey a cute

He failed the attempt, the spotters couldn't help him nor the weight up, he started spazzing out due to being crushed by a few hundred pounds.

9th for I had the first post, and I'm a little drunk.

USA solidifying our victory.

youtube.com/watch?v=qMEy-svvQJo

wew

Worlds this year had fucked spotters. Kids, twinks. Many accidents occurred, almost killeen a few competitors
youtube.com/watch?v=M-52g--ypjA

Why don't they use racks or those dangling ropes under the bar that I've seen at other places?

discord.gg/KJWbj

now

They want powerlifting to look professional like oly lifting by having the minimal amount of equipment on stage

Chains are for lolfeds.
Usually the spotting standards are high enough that nothing goes south. This does not usually happen at meets anywhere.
Also this. Less equipment makes it look more like an olympic sport.

That seems like odd logic. Personally I think that a barebones rack would look much less crowded than 7 spotters.

I don't know boutique a few almost dying. I think Branton was the only one that literally could have died. There was a lot of shitty spotting at world's though, that's true

>3rd squats
>2/3 of them are fails
>have to wait 5 minutes every time there's a fail to reload the weight
>round of 15 takes almost an hour

what

>professional
>5 spotters

If they were doing their job he wouldn't have danced out of that squat

Don't know about* idk how the fuck auto correct got boutique from that

>twinks
More like people who just don't lift in general. I'm an uber twink and I could spot for the ipf no problem.

The actual spotters there didn't know how to spot at all and probably didn't even lift >see the dude upright rowing the weight on back spot

There's nothing less professional than a powerlifting federation allowing one of the safest sports in existence to become very unsafe.
Agreed.

I was exaggerating so that I could use 'Killeen'. Yep, mr dubs.

>Usually the spotting standards are high enough that nothing goes south. This does not usually happen at meets anywhere.
Only when it's drugaroo lolfeds like USAPL hosting does this kind of thing happen.

>why not just have athletes dump the squat?

youtube.com/watch?v=fY9anCkLlWM

Finally got that 6 plate squat my dudes

Dumping a squat (safely) from the bottom ain't easy. Even if you do get out uninjured, you're gonna be pretty sore. Just ask Stronglex.

mirin desu

check um

Nice. That squat was pretty fast.
Why do you shuffle your feet around so much when you get the bench liftoff, though? Wouldn't that get you red lights?

>WLers can bail out of a 200kg snatch safely
>PLers cant let go of a bar

"athletes"

jfc
nice sport you got there fat fucks

>see the dude upright rowing the weight on back spot
Except that's what you're supposed to do. Back spot only guides. If they hug the lifter, they could interfere or have a loaded bar drop on their arms.

I shuffle my feet around because I'm trying to get my heels flat on the ground after getting the liftoff with my heels up. It's legal to do this, I just don't get a start command until my feet are flat.

That's a little different. When something is at your extremities it's easier to get away from. When something is stapled to your back, it's not easy to get away from.

Neat. TIL.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

thats only because lowbar(fakebar) is legal

highbar dump is easy and oly lifters do it all the time

PL will never be an olympic sport if it keeps allowing low bar meme squats

it provides minimal benefit and only makes dumping a squat dangerous

>PL will never be an olympic sport
Technically it is
'technically'

ez pz

"Easy deadlift single at 705lbs/319kgs after hitting a PB 500lb/226kg beltless front squat."

Haack pulls an "easy" WR deadlift after a pb front squat

600 wilks when
dethrone norris when

retard olympics dont count and is actually really embarrassing that thats a thing

Pff must be hard being a talentchad
Must've been hard working skipping ph3 sessions and drinking eh

yeah for literal retards

You can dump lowbar ez too, it's just that americans do meme lowbar form because muh posterior chain and muh WESTSIDE BARBELL

oh look another fine example of lowbar

its literally just

egolifting:the lift

That fucking form
Talent chads OUT

Right side spotter is really the only one that fucked up

It will be so goddamn hilarious when he gets popped

I work with Blaine fucking Sumner. Same building. See him from time to time. Dude is a beast.

You guys still on? I just got home from lifting and can hang out while I stuff my face.

Tried cleaning up sumo again today. I think it's getting better.
First webm

its literally only

wouldnt bother cause im V sick and about to turn in

>3 plates

ooooooh

Right knee was not happy with me today either. Just said fuck it and kept going. Leg extensions at the end of the session helped it feel better.

Also watched Ant Man while I did some cardio. That was fun.

It's form work senpai

anyone can lift perfect form with babby weight
literally pointless

Well actually I still can't.
This is like 70% for me anyway because I'm a deadliftlet and detrained.

Have you tried fucking around with your foot angle to try to fix your knee problems?

Then why even post and use a tripcode you weak faggot

kys

typical PT kek

reminder to try harder

no fucking way is he not doing this on purpose

how can someone literally have this bench form

lol

literally the worst form in all of plg, in all of Veeky Forums, in all of america, in the entire world

just lol

Holy shit that's funny, just how his face goes fucking nuts as soon as he bounces it (reminds me of gif related)

who cares about form were freaks, it sick, it piss

>that spot
jesus christ
and he's either got the biggest ass in the wrld or thats a shit lift

I see his weiner

Shit, hope you feel better soon, senpai.

Today I hit a 315 squat single at like RPE 7.5ish to depth (yes I got a video from a good angle and it was the same depth as my 355) but my back still collapsed and rounded. I literally can't get my back to not do that when I go over 90%, so I'm just gonna squat with an SSB until I get better at staying upright.

holy shit what a stupid fucking faggot ahahhahahahahh

deload to broomstick sMh

>tfw I'll never be Panzer

why squirm your legs like that

all it does it break the tightness you are maintaining?

what the fuck is wrong with you? have you seen those bench webms? how dumb can you get holy shit this is the funniest thing ive ever seen im emailing my mom this so she can watch it lol

lol yes
Because I can
inorite

I actually can't see a dingus here, are you sure

>muh bench

literally kys worse than benchbeta

mirin form

but

>belt for bench

alex is like

>"looks solid bro"

lmao

Lmaoooo had that exact problem on my 11th rep on my amrap

Error 404: form and arch not found

Fug lad ;-;

dam, u right
>not using a belt for bench

sounds like muscle imbalance

Im the same way desu

It was unintentional. This was my first time maxing bench since april (I got 190x9 paused and did 205 4x3 last week so I'm actually really disappointed I only got 225) so I'm not used to the lockout being so hard. This really shows I need to work on my triceps though.. Look at that sticking point.

can you post that one webm of you squatting max attempt before sheiko? and also the one of you deadlifting max before sheiko?

>it shows I need to work on my triceps
No it doesn't you retard it shows you need to work on your form

It shows you need to learn how to perform the bench press Tbh

all 3 of your lifts look fucking awful, and this is coming from someone who has shit form.

Yeah, I think so. This is the 3pl8 squat from today with depth filmed at a good angle. Ez pz but that back rounding..

Yeah, give me a minute.

i got the sumo one just need the squat one

can you stop posting these in 1080p its kinda annoying how it takes up the whole screen. Just make then like 720p or something

kek that face

A+ for effort though

I think that's just how my phone records them. idk how twink's webm converter works, but if it's like webm for bakas, then he should be able to trim it down

effort > form

you're doing banan spine

webm for dummies has an option to downscale

It looks terrible so be prepared. This was a week or two before I started Sheiko and this is the worst looking one of them all. Right after this one I switched to low bar too. After looking at this I'm actually really happy how my 355 looked from last week.

All future webms I'll change just for you, user. I'm not using webm for dummies but I'll find a way to make them lower res.

how tall are you? I'm guessing 6'4ish

its like you get to the bottom of the squat then just decide to let your core go and just good morning the weight.

does anyone have that catback deadlift by benchbro from a year or two ago\

good night I'm done