There are people on this board who don't have the self control to not drink

>there are people on this board who don't have the self control to not drink

what an absolute shit collection of liquor

>there are betas on this board who never went to parties and had drinks

I quit drinking nearly two years ago. Now i have abs and no social life.

Worth

Not even joking I started drinking again 2 years ago

Now I have no abs, but get go out every weekend with friends and get laid once or twice a month

>tfw being social equals drinking in my country

I lead a lonely life

>there are people on this board who think 2-3 has more than negligible effect on gains
>there are people on this board who don't have a beer or two on friday with the boys

Looks like this "alpha" doesn't have the willpower to put the bottle down

>worth

I don't know. I look pretty good but i'm really lonely. Like says, he might not look as good as he could without alcohol, but drinking makes him an active particpant in the social and sexual scene.

>but you odn't need alcohol tohave fun!

People seem mistrust a person who does not drink with them.

>not drinking responsibly (less than two a day) in isolation while doing work or watching chinese cartoons

I've never drank alcohol in my life I am turning 29 in 2 months. No, I was NOT raised in some religious family or ever told not to drink, in-fact my parents are Greek and drink a shit load of wine, and my brother/sister have partaken in the binge drinking culture throughout their adolescents. For me, it's just that I am "Veeky Forums autistic" and have never been in a position where drinking has been something I must start doing in order to be accepted. When you're like me, and never socialize, you have zero responsibilities in terms of social-expectations and adhering to social norms of your own age and class.

The vast majority of people who drink do it because during their adolescence, teens experience that transition from childhood to adulthood, alcohol consumption is seen by society as a culturally acceptable factor in the transition to adulthood. Getting a drivers license and a job, having sex, these are also part of these factors that make-up what is considered "normal" in society for a person to have transitioned from child to adult.

But you have to remember, there are some people out there (individuals such as I) that were never part of that experience, therefore alcohol has absolutely no meaning for me.That said, alcohol has never been a problem for me, it's just something I've never even thought about in my life other than when reading on the sociological aspects of drinking culture in America/Australia/Canada and the United Kingdom.

On and off alcoholic here.

I don't recommend it boys, my gains have been stagnant for 4 years.

never understood alcholohism

after i get really drunk (room spinning, think im dying drunk) i always come to the realization that drinking is disgusting then don't do it for a week

i turn up every fucking saturday though then don't drink inbetween

This weekend will be 4 weeks sober. I was up to 3 12 packs a weekend before I decided to stop.

This. Normies have no idea natty lifting is fucking hard to keep low bf and big muscle mass. I basically reject every "fun" social stuff to keep looking good

Worth

I'm 20 and have only had a glass of wine and a taste of vodka in my life. Never been drunk. A girl suggested we party together but doesn't know that I prefer not to drink. Been thinking of drinking casually at parties so I can actually have a social life. Would prefer not to get shitfaced at all though.

I know it's literally poison, but would it be worth it lads?

everyone else on the planet just drinks to look cool

Not worth it, alcohol is good for nothing but short term gratification and eventual regret. It's good you don't drink it, stay that way.

Drinking is a giant meme desu; I've hooked up with chicks at parties without drinking before. But I feel like even just sipping at a beer in hand all evening would make it a lot easier to be likable for some sluts.

Stay away from the booze.

If you don't understand alcoholism you're probably a decently happy person.

When I am stuck in that hell I drink just so food has taste again, and colors have color again. So I can smile and not think too hard about all the bullshit.

tfw also greek and can relate

Alcohol is literally the fourth macronutrient, stop being fucking pansies thinking getting spangled once or twice a fortnight means you can't get gains, half the people you see in the clubs are fucking jacked

>this is what autists believe

it genuinely feels good and loosens you up

practice some damn self control and it's not going to negatively affect your life

Where did he claim he was alpha? Cut your fox and grapes bulls hit and just admit you don't have friends.

>not running drunk from a party with a girl you just met
>not sitting on a dyke laughing and watching the sunrise with said girl
>not diving into the ocean and having a campfire beer afterwards

The only times people should regret drinking is when they get too emotional and cry out their shitty lifes in some disgusting bar

>having 3 beers on saturday evenings while eating and taking a walk afterwards
feels fucking great, lads

I used to drink 1-2 beers every day, I feel much better now

It makes the voices stop, if only for a little bit. Not actual schizo voices, more just nonstop apprehensive thoughts.

It doesn't help that I work in the legal field either. Thinking about getting out because I can't handle the stress for much longer

>tfw another child death case

>People seem mistrust a person who does not drink with them.

The solution is to drink but not get shitfaced.

This, just have a few drinks, you don't have to get hammered.

People don't like the idea of cutting loose and getting drunk but then having a sober friend sitting there judging their behavior, the point is that people want to be free of pretense and enjoy themselves.

>themselves
when you are drunk it is not yourself, it's yourself + alcohol

>abstinence
>self-control

Not how that works

What kind of legal work?

>Would prefer not to get shitfaced at all though.

Then don't. Find something you enjoy drinking and stop when you've had enough.

>A state of reduced inhibition isn't closer to your true self

Hooking up has been easier for me without alcohol. I still go out at night, I just feel great in the morning. I run better game when sober and I fuck better sober. I've had long stints of drinking and long stints of sobriety and I def enjoy sobriety more. That isn't to say I won't have a couple beers with a long time friend, but I don't need it as a crutch to get laid.

>there are people in this board right now that dont work retail/costumer service

Good going user
Thumbs up

Don't some girls see you as "weirdo" for not drinking. I'm these I've had success without drinking but i feel like even just sipping on something would've helped with some girls.

Hes right..

>Don't some girls see you as "weirdo" for not drinking

This happened to me once when I told some chick to meet me at D&B because I love me some fucking skee ball.

When she realized I didn't wanna drink she left, dumb bitch.

I don't understand the implication that if you drink you must be a normie ruining your gains and shooting up your calorie count to the stars while getting a 'beer' belly'.

I drink alone.
In my room.
I only use 96% (190 proof) alcohol for maximum calories to drunkedness efficiency.
I mostly cry while drunk.
Drinking time is crying time.

I do have plenty of friends, I just don't get drunk in front of them.

Every time the alcohol argument comes up on Veeky Forums I feel like I'm in a straight edge middle school. Do you think you're cool or something?

If your reason for not drinking is diet, then you're just too retarded to count calories, and your own objection just reveals how stupid you are.
If your reason is "lmao only normies drink" you're equally stupid.

I'm only 22 and these threads make me feel like I'm 80, considering the perceived mental age of the other posters.

You cry?

I can't even remember the last time I've cried, and I am nearly 30.

Probably 15+ years ago.

Just drink a handle every weekend. Get to get fucked up and at worst you're "set back" a day.

Alcohol is great, helps relaxing, helps with restful sleep (if you don't get absolutely trashed), helps you be sociable, reduces DOMS and symptoms of colds and stuff.

Why would I not drink it?
inb4 c-c-calories -> when bulking I have a few beers, when cutting vodka and diet coke, or cocaine or mdma or phenibut or whatever. No big deal

52 set backs a year, probably closer to 65 if you add in all the celebration days. This also isn't including your cheat meals or cheat days......

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's why people like you never make it.

To be honest, I lied on that front. I mostly cry on the inside.
I just feel really sad, but last time I actually cried was maybe one year ago.
Almost 23 and I feel like I should turn this around, but it's not like I can just decide to feel feelings again.

I think after a while of only feeling bad things your brain just shuts off the "feelings" part of your mind as an act of self-preservation.

Wow what a tough manly man.

Well, in all respects I am kind of a weirdo, so ya I'm sure they do. But i'm relatively good looking, am in decent shape, I'm in sales and talking to people is kinda my thing, I am successful and have confidence.

If someone asks why I'm not drinking, I just give them the truth "I want to be on my a-game tomorrow".

The responses I get are varied, from "come on, live a little" to "wow, I could never be at a bar and not drink". and it's usually a dead subject after that. If I'm flirty, I'll buy a chick drinks and take a soda water for myself.

Would you straight up deny some QT because she didn't want to drink? Most likely you wouldn't care, maybe even find it interesting...

Ok. You can be Rich Piana. I'm going to be human.

have a few beers and watch "A Wonderful Life"

I just smoke weed in all it's forms occasionally I hate drinking, I always feel like shit even from one beer.

As a dude though it seems rapey as hell and like you're there to take advantage of drunk girls.

>t. someone who has never followed a diet in their lives

You weigh as much as you ate in the last 5 weeks, not the last 5 hours.
You could fucking eat a thanksgiving dinner every week and it would make absolutely no difference if the remaining 6 days you were diligent.

"You're set back a day" is just a figure of speech, a shorthand. In reality, you just look as good as your efforts are.

Define "making it". Yooooooooooooou're forgetting how autistic bodybuilding gets.

This is literally the reason why I never get under 15% BF.

I feel like you misunderstood his post.
The point is not "Ahah you cried what a pussy"
The point is "After you've cried enough you struggle to even do it anymore"

You'll get there one day

>all these triggered boozehounds

If it's no big deal then show us your physique.

Or i'm there to hang out with my friends, see the show, or whatever else i'm doing. I wouldn't want to hook up with an over served girl anyways, they're pretty gross.

Would being drunk excuse me from being a rapey weirdo and taking advantage of drunk girls?

but who was counterfactual?

It's a social cue not a criminal sentence breh. Serving up girls while buying yourself a soda water can seem pretty creepy and thus explains why some people feel uncomfortable if they're drinking and others around them aren't.

Obviously not, but it's all about how people perceive you at the end of the day. Being drunk or at least drinking something can excuse you to an extent with normies.

ctrl f "weed"

>he doesn't bring weed to parties so he doesnt get that beer gut

Why don't more people do this? Too beta to find a weed dealer?

Besides if you're both drunk there is no 'advantage' to take...

makes me too sleepy, alcohol is pretty top tier as makes me relaxed and energetic

honestly though phenibut is best, look it up before it gets made illegal worldwide

I suppose, I always just thought it was normal social interaction. It's pretty normal for people to drink and it's pretty normal to ask a girl what she'll have if your standing by a bar. I'd probably consider it more if my intentions were ill.

I was replying more to the others who were wondering why there was such peer pressure for them to drink to be honest, specifically that a girl not drinking doesn't have the same dangerous undertones a non-drinking guy may give off. From what I gather from your responses you're a well-adjusted normie

For real still get to have a good time being fucked up with out the hang over and the calories. Also cotton mouth makes you drink a lot of water so win win.

I drink a lot, you gotta stay hydrated, right?

I'm 28 and cry at least a few times a week. Fuck you.

Beer is not really a party drink, I only drink it at bars because when I don't wanna get fucked, drinking beer at home is retarded^2, it only tastes good when it hasn't been sitting on a shelf for 5 months.

how can you know you dont like being drunk when you have never been drunk?
camping with beers isnt poison...its badugi

lul wut? just put the beer in the fridge? what beer are you drinking?

Drinking is just too much work. It puts me out of commission for the rest of the night and the majority of the next day. It also makes me unable to sleep for longer than 3 hours. It's also expensive. It's reward to cost ratio is just not worth it (for me).

it feels good to get a monthly cry in

No. "Sober thoughts are drunk actions." Now, when you are really trashed, that's going to be you acting out your dumbest impulses. But if you're only a bit drunk, suddenly those things you wished you could say come out, and that's how you get laid

autism detected...

sounds like you need to drink less m8

I could ask a couple friends that are basically green pages but I've never really given enough of a fuck about weed.

Drinking is in top 3 things in life. I'm sorry for people who don't drink, and by drinking i mean getting drunk.
I will never intellectually respect a man that doesn't enjoy getting drunk

What I was trying to tell y'all is that beer from the tap (think it's called that in English, not sure though as I'm Belgian, we call it 'bier van 't vat') is the only real beer. Beer that's laced with chemicals and put in a can to sit on a shelf for 3 months until you decide to drink it, is not beer, it's alcohol with piss and dish soap.

Why don't you just practice moderation? My friends are all avid drinkers, and respect that I am strict and won't drink as much as they do. I will have one or maybe two beers once a week. Gains are still solid.

I think you're just a pretentious cunt.

Aren't we all?

I drank 80% of a fifth of gin last night. I have no self control.

try being in the military. I dont think i ever drank as much as during my mandatory service, its fucking absurd.

no he's Belgian, seriously good beer comes out of Belgium, and If you only drink Belgian beer most other beers are going to be inferior

I'm drunk right now

GUESS WHAT??? I THINK BEER TASTES DELICIOUS

>not joking

>Drink diet soda + vodka to drunk level once every weekend
How much am I fucking my bulk up
Please respond

(You)

why?

All these people in this thread who choose to have no social life so they can maintain abs.

What is the point? Why kill yourself in the gym to be miserable?

Im on my 4th year lifting, and i look a bit worse than when i was autistic about every calorie and workout. Now i just lift and eat well and still look better than most men, and i have a good social life. There is no reason to be shredded, it gains you nothing and makes life hell for natty.

>there are people on this bored who dont understand that alcohol tanks protein synthesis

vodka helps you lose weight

Personal injury and some copyright. Fell into the first one from a lucky start at the beginning of my career but I've been getting into more drafting work. Hopefully it continues because it's much less taxing when no one particularly cries. Probably should have picked a different career but you get where you end up.

>get absolutely blitzed at party
>decide now is the time I tell that bitch Natalie I think her ugg boots are off brand kohls trash
>I dont even have an interest in "fashion"

My true self is really opinionated about some dumb shit