Any of you guys use EZ curl bars? I'm particularly interested in using them for reverse curls...

Any of you guys use EZ curl bars? I'm particularly interested in using them for reverse curls. I'm homegym and don't have one. I've been trying reverse curls with my 7' Olympic barbell and dumbbells. The barbell feels awkward and "too big" but I still prefer it to the dumbbells. The wrist position doesn't feel natural either, especially at the upper portion of the lift.

ez curl bars are for training your triceps not your biceps unless you have some sort of wrist injury. just use the straight bar itll let you pronate your grip fully for the reverse curls to actually hit the muscle you're trying to work properly

Buy it if it doesn't cost too much, it has several uses. For example, it's a very good way to do tricep extensions without elbow pain, curls without wrist pain (but you also get less bicep activation, so it's a bit of a trade-off), etc.

yes, theyre very good for reverse curls

Nothing beats barbell. Curl all you want with that but it wont have as a great effect.

I broke my arm when i was a kid and i can't turn my hand more than 90° when its in the hammer curl position so the Ezbar helps.

i do bicep curls with this at my gym should I not be? there are straight bars available

wrong, wrong, wrong, fucking wrong
this is nothing but the typical straight fucking broscience about EZ bars

hold up your hand, and rotate it about 30 degrees, like the difference between a straight bar curl and an EZ bar curl. watch your bicep while you do it. it moves less than an inch. that's the difference in bicep activation between straight and ez bar, and it's fucking nothing.

the OTHER difference is the immense wrist pain and weirdly proportioned forearms that many people get from straight bar curls.

my advice is to do whatever the fuck you want.

Once you start curling with your back against the wall using an EZ, you'll never go back.

Seriously, try it.

This is one of the best anti-bullshit posts I've ever seen on Veeky Forums.

Last time I was in one of these threads, someone was claiming that EZ curl bars work by alleviating pressure/tension from your biceps.

>Not taking your own arm blaster to the gym

I like doing EZ bar curls, but for the love of fuck, make sure you get your form down with these.

I was doing 70 pounds yesterday and notice I kept hiking my left shoulder. Perfect for imbalance. Had to drop back to 65 to keep my form correct.

>bicep is 4-5 inches long
>HURR THE DIFFERENCE IS ONLY 1 INCH
>A MEASELY 20%-25% DIFFERENCE

Hey, a thread I made is actually generating discussion!

As said in the OP, my reason for wanting one is reverse curls. I want to use them together with dumbbell curls, so I'm not overly concerned with bicep development. Doing reverse curls absolutely kills my forearms and that's what I'm looking for.

>isolating forearms

I use them for skullcrushers

this, I love the way it hits my forearm and my bicep.

Get a life Dumbbells before you life ez curl bar

so natty

Wat

Agreed, I have a standard one for reverse curls.

Also good for skull crushers and regular curls

I'm homegym, too.
EZ bar is love, EZ bar is life.