Veeky Forums reporting in

Veeky Forums reporting in

Do you guys just not have taste buds or is there a legitimate way to make healthy food taste good?

And fuck off with Stevia that tastes like ass. And not good ass like chitluns.

>every meal I eat must be a mouth gasm
how fat are you?

Healthy food does taste good.

FEED THE MACHINE SON

It does taste good and is satisfying
Not everyone was raised on deep fried or overly sugary food like you OP

>Sweets
There's your problem piggy.

Take thin sliced chicken breast
Season with chipotle seasoning
Make black beans
Make brown rice
Grill chicken breast
Cut into small pieces, put in bowl
Add beans
Add lettuce
Add brown rice
Add salsa

This shits good for you and tastes fucking amazing

>implying

just don't eat fried foods, layer your shit in cream sauces and sugar, and make sure whatever you do eat is fresh and free of preservatives. When you eat grains, eat whole grains. It's literally that simple.

I have grilled salmon, steaks, fresh veggies, chicken alfredo, omelettes, etc. on a regular basis; who taught you that eating healthy means you can't eat food that tastes good?

>i'm such a terrible cook that I can't fathom being able to cook something that's both healthy and delicious
not gonna make it

All other retarded posters aside, l2season fggt

>healthy food
pic not related

>spaghetti
>prawns
>is that fucking mint?

Doing it wrong nigga

The question is how happy am I, and the answer is very. I've cut pop and candy from my diet but tell me what the point of life is if you can't use butter, sugar, cooking oil, salt, allspice, table cream, molasses, BBQ sauce, white flour, like these are basic cooking supplies. Do you fags seriously eat unseasoned food?

taste is secondary, food is just proteins/carbs/fats anyways

>Chipotle seasoning
>Doesn't know how to create flavors

Spotted the pleb. If I'm ever suicidal I'll try your "random shit in a bowl" recipe to put meet over the edge.

Seriously? I use all of those ingredients in my recipes. You don't need to limit your diet to eat good AND eat healthy.

You just need to stop drowning every meal in butter sauce and grease. Seriously, eating healthy isn't some godforsaken lifestyle choice that precludes you from eating good food. You just don't know how to properly balance a meal, which makes you just as retarded as the "I only eat egg whites and chicken breast because food is fuel" idiots.

Not everyone is bulking here

How do you make an omelette without buttering the pan, salting and seasoning the eggs, using a nice green onion garnish and using 35% table cream for fluffiness and a rich full flavor?

>he eats nutrients for the taste

Never going to make it. I stopped caring about taste years ago

Learn how to use spices you autists

>without buttering the pan
use non-stick pan
>salting and seasoning
zero calories there, why wouldn't I salt/season?
>nice green onion garnish
put the onion in the omelette bro; onions are low in calories, why wouldn't I eat them?
>using table cream
unnecessary. Beat the eggs adequately beforehand, and you don't need to use cream to make them fluffier. Then, you can have 5 eggs instead of 2 eggs and a half cup of empty calories. Alternatively, you could always use greek yogurt instead of table cream.

Seriously, this stuff ain't rocket science. Then, with all the calories you saved on not using table cream, you can throw in some low-fat sausage or a healthy serving of feta cheese!

If you really have to use something try quark, natural yoghurt or cottage cheese to make it fluffy.

pam, salt and seasoning is fine, onion is fine, use low fat milk instead of cream.

and instead of 3-4 whole eggs, use 1-2 whites and 1-2 whole. All dem protein gains with much less calories.

Lol OP asks a question, triggers all the defensive faggots so he must be fat

>lel I must cook with butter and evoo or there is no point in life
>not fat
pick one

Just eat less of good food. It's what the highclass french have been doing for decades. Why can't you?

CICO you moron. Don't eat three meals of 1000+ kcals a day. Try Intermittent fasting. Try not being a fucking hamplanet.

it's not even that. This faggot insists on using table cream, which is one of the most unhealthy things I can think of.

Seriously, it's like frying foods in lard; not only is it unnecessary, it's honestly kind of gross. It's so heavy and thick it borderline ruins the texture and flavor of your food.

EVOO isn't that bad for you (in nominal amounts), btw. Certainly not as bad as most vegetable oils or starches.

>low fat milk
>12g of sugar per serving
you goofed

You can't really fry things in olive oil. The burn point is too low. It starts to smoke.

Tell me why vegetable oil at 124kcal / tbsp is somehow bad for you compared to EVOO @ 119kcal/tbsp

They are both added fats & calories. Additionally a high omega 6 / omega 3 ratio is bad for your health (which canola oil actually is superior to evoo).

There is no such thing as "healthy" food, just calories. Eat your daily value of calories in pizza like Chad and take a multivitamin

>Adding 8oz of milk to 4 eggs

wat?

>thinking milk with whole fat is better than milk with sugar as a replacement and muh low cals
I said you fucking goofed

I greatly enjoy cooking, but you can't really blame people for wanting simple meals that will fit their macros and (for the ones that are cutting or maintaining) keeping them full.
I eat canned tuna with mustard or sriracha on toast for one or two meals a day because it fits the aforementioned criteria, and go crazy in the kitchen on rest days or the weekends (while still counting my calories, mind you).

As for healthy food that tastes good, try lightly fried cod cheeks with brown rice and a white wine sauce.

>criticising a dish from a 2 star Michelin restaurant

I bet you think Rippetoe doesn't know anything about lifting weights as well.

Tell that to the Italians...

>Veeky Forums reporting in
>is there a legitimate way to make healthy food taste good?
Either Veeky Forums is an even fucking shittier board than I thought or you're a fucking idiot.

As someone who cooks all the time in olive oil, your heat is too high nigger. Unless you're frying extra virgin, in which case you are retarded.

>Veeky Forums reporting in
You say this like it makes you an authority on food or something.

I always hear amerifats saying shit like this. Olive oil is literally the only oil I've ever used to fry anything. I've never seen it smoke and I'm almost 30.

I know loads of people who have started cooking with coconut oil because "it's healthy" but it's fucking 90% saturated fat.

People are so retarded when it comes to cooking oils and I don't know why.

I'm pretty sure Americans just turn the heat on full and burn the shit out if it because it's the American way to crank things up to eleven and frankly their cuisine and culinary skills are probably the poorest in the western world.

>I'm Veeky Forums
>I can't cook tasty and healthy food

As someone who has cooked in restaurants for 8 years, is reasonably fit, and makes tasty, easy, macro-filling foods for myself and others, you are retarded.

>frying eggs in butter and mixing with heavy cream, can't figure out how to make healthy EGGS, one of the most basic foods a cook can learn

Not sure if troll or not, sad thing is, retards like this actually exist.

>chitlins
>good
Don't cross me or my Mason-Dixon Line ever again.

People use cream to make omelets? I always used milk.

Veeky Forums Veeky Forums master race here. Keto and IF saved my life. I did keto for several months to cut, And I made all of the good food I could eat, sans starches, and now I'm bulking on IF, so I can eat what ever amazing thing I want once a day. Yesterday I had a NY strip with brown butter and roasted yams. tonight I'm having glazed cornish game hen's with roasted potatoes and cauliflower. It's pretty easy.

I'm guessing you know about herbs and spices and how to use them
Every meal is pretty good when you can actually cook 2bh

We are bathing in excess.

Have you ever seen Les Stroud (not pee drink Grills Pls) capture, kill, and "cook" something over a fire after starving? Have you ever, safely, put yourself in a similar situation ?

He talks about it being the tastiest thing he has ever eaten. He can feel the energy, the fuel, entering every cell and revitalizing him. It's visceral.

It's like that. When Japanese people eat food on this side of the Pacific, they complain things are too sweet. There is too much flavor.

Chicken and pasta/rice or tuna

You can add spices and it'll taste great
if you're no good at mixing flavours just buy powder spice mixes you like and boil em into your chicken

then cut out the rice?

obese american detected

All you gotta do is just lower the portion size a bit and then you can sauce it up any way you want senpai.

Shit, I've done successful cuts that were based on just not making a ton of potatoes/pasta for dinner.

Quit being a shitty american and stop refrigerating your eggs. That ruins the texture

What does barely surviving to eat a meal have to do with foods that are too sweet?

Real talk, I've been cutting by using Scooby's custom meal planner for the last few weeks and it's kind of a chore to only eat chicken and veggies and some weetabix in the morning for the foreseeable future. I've ordered some bottled egg whites to spice it up a little but that's not exactly a game changer.

Got any advice?

Friend can you redpill me on Keto

I've gone 88kg -> 80-81kg this summer, due to cardio night work and sleeping through breakfasts

There's still some belly fat(inb4 spot reduce is not possible) that I want to get rid of. I think I want to go down to like 76-77 to get some non-zero outline of abs. Is Keto the thing to do it?

>Short bursts of happiness from food that is eventually going to kill me and is already reducing my quality of life is more important than long term happiness, fitness and bodily health.
>
Go be fat somewhere else.

What sort of advice are you looking for, besides "eat less faggit"? Which part of the cut do you struggle with?

Not really anything. I feel like I can keep doing this forever, it's just a little bland. The veggies fill you up nicely. I'd like to make it a little more diverse.

Scooby is a delusional traditional "healthy diet"-nut. Do IIFYM. You'll be getting the same results but actually enjoy what you eat.

Go to your grocery store, approach the spices rack and tip it into your cart.

You can make the same food taste different depending on spices. Chicken strips with curry spice are a different thing to chicken bits with triple pepper mix.

You can try buying different rice, as basmati rice, jasmine rice, sushi rice, brown rice are all different variations of the same.

Most of the Western meals follow the Protein - Vegetable mix - Starchy filler triangle, so you can mix and match for what you need.

I've only bulked on IIFYM until now, which basically boiled down to "it's not important what you eat as long as you get them broteins you need and don't completely pig out 24/7". What would a cut look like on that? The way the Scoob custom meal planner is built, it basically denies me any carbs at all besides some in the morning, like I said, two bricks of Weetabix. No starchy whatever side, instead just a truckload of veggies. I've been cracking two eggs into the pan while frying them up to give them a little more texture. Thinking to replace that with the bottled egg whites.

>bottled egg whites

This sounds like one of these cheese-in-a-spray-can Americlap inventions.

Run me through a sample of your daily meal plan as I am not familiar with Scooby.

And above all, you will not cheat the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

Resetting decadent taste buds and realizing that fresh food as our hunter gatherer ancestors ate, do in fact taste amazing.

Like when someone cuts out sugar and realizes just how oversweetened things are.

We are acclimatized to heavy flavor

Morning, three scoops brotein powder and two bricks of weetabix.

Midday, 250g of chicken breast, 200-400g of veggies, two eggs cracked into them.

Evening, the same.

get the fuck out of here you fat cunt, you're never going to make it

The easiest way to do IIFYM is using mfp or similar apps that counts macros for you and logging in your food into it.

This thread is triggering me. Everyone go home.

Eat super clean for a long time then go have a fine dining experience.

>TastesLikeAss.jpg

the omegas break down upon being heated though

I really don't care about the taste of my normal everyday food. Unseasoned and plain. As long as it get the job done it's good. But if I want to indulge a bit say on the weekend I put more effort into my meals. Simple as that.

You can eat a bit of rice kate moss

Olive oil is king of oils, dosen't grease things up too much and adds a nice flavour
Turn down the heat and you'll get better results from your oil and better results from your food (as the food will heat more consistently)

You only need high heat to sear - in which case its very rare to use oil

>American food
>worse than English food
>worse than Scandinavian food
>worse than Russian food
Culture yourself, my dude

You sound like you can't cook to save your life and its what I've come to expect from Veeky Forums. As someone who works in professional cuisine your idea that healthy food tastes like shit because its not seasoned enough is disgusting. You're probably american, you have no respect for the ingredients and natural taste of things. Your tastebuds are probably damaged beyond repair after years of sugary oily shit.

Culinary from all around the globe focuses on bring the best of their regional ingredients without hurting their nutritional valor, the whole concept of cooking is based on that, when people had to get the max out of the food they cooked because they actually needed the energy.

Just because it's healthy doesn't mean it has to be bad.
As a matter of fact good tasting food that is good for you, espescially if it's made with someone unique needs and constitution in mind is something that many great chefs strive for.
It's something that everyone here strives for.

A good meal should not just taste good, but make you feel good as well. And not in the cheap synthetic and narcotic way that junkfoods and pseudo foods of the type have mastered.
But in a real deep way that helps you grow, heals you in many ways and helps you become better.

Will the meal in your photo do that for you?

no, the question he asked is how fat are you. you should answer him.

So you got anything to say or what?

>or is there a legitimate way to make healthy food taste good?
you bring shame to Veeky Forums.
sugar and butter are the easy way to make things 'tasty', but you're forgetting the most basic tricks.
make stock, customize it to what you're making, use it liberally. add vegetables for more flavor.
you aren't even trying, are you?

>not eating unseasoned plain meat to gain functional strength for the inevitable apocalypse

Having been to all of those countries I'd still say it's America, where it's more about quantity than quality.

Would have been England maybe 10-20 years ago, but they've actually upped their game like fuck the past decade or two. Food in the UK is as good as most places now excepting maybe France and Italy.

Brined and marinated chicken is god tier
Sometimes I get seasoned flour (garlic, onion, fresh parsley and rosemary and a lot of chili powder) I dunk it in that, then I dunk it in buttermilk, THEN (this is the big one) I pour some buttermilk in the flour and mix with a whisk until it's big flakes and dunk the chicken back into the buttermilk flour flakes and then I air fry it, fucking god tier right there, you can make spicy tendies or a sandwich. If your cutting you can use egg whites and bake it with a little spritz of olive oil so it gets crispy

What's wrong with that?

Just because Im cutting doesnt mean I have to wanna kill myself for eating tilapia for the billionth time

>Half a slice of pizza a day
All jokes aside, I am bad at balancing my meals/portion control. I've started a soylent diet because I'm not terribly obsessed with variety in my food and I hit all the major nutritional marks with a pretty good macro balance. Sometimes I'll eat normie food but soylent is just easy for me. And which the balance I'm getting from soylent, rarely eating over my caloric limit isn't an issue. I've already lost a lot of weight in a week on soylent so I think I'm gonna keep doing this until I teach myself portion control (grew up with my dad who has issues with food, his family was super weird about it so he was too, eating everything he could when he starts eating, which taught me bad habits as a kid).

this

Nah, nothing wrong with wanting good eats.
What's wrong, is you don't know how to make them.
the most healthy meals are very basic, and use simple means to carry flavors, often based on the historical mediterranean diet. you're a limp co/ck/ if you can't prepare that kind of stuff.

This is your answer healthy food can taste great just stop eating sweeties like an 8 year old

not only japanese, it's a meme here in europe that american bread is basicly cake

Breh you know there is another meal Planner on scooby's site that allows more freedom on foods right? Check it out

Stop eating meats and starches to get full.

Starches aren't necessary in large amounts. They contain lots of sugars, carbs, and calories, contribute to much of our weight gain, and make up like 75% of the average American's diet. Think of the big heap of mashed potatoes you'd normally be served with a dinner, the big pile of rice that comes with asian cuisine, fries, chips, at least two slices of bread or a large roll for a sandwich, and even toast or hashbrowns with breakfast. It all adds up to a metric fuckload of what amounts to "filler".

It's not like starches are bad though. They're necessary for a balanced diet, and things like potatoes also have lots of complex nutrients in them. Starches just happened to take over American diets during the depression, BECAUSE they were filler. Americans realized: "Oh shit, I can't even afford a steak with a year's salary (implying I make a salary now), but I can buy a bag of potatoes for pretty cheap, and eating just a bit of bread will keep me much fuller much longer than eating just a bit of meat or a piece of fruit. IT'S TOAST SANDWICHES TONIGHT, KIDS!"

And while meat does contain lots of important minerals and proteins and other complex nutrients, you shouldn't be eating so much meat that it's filling you up. If you're trying to lose weight, that is. If you're bulking, go nuts.

You should instead see meat as a source of flavour. As a side, not a main. Instead of grilling up a whole steak and plating it with some potatoes and veggies on the side, you should be focusing on grilling and preparing some of your favorite colorful vegetables as a main (here's where you can use things like garlic, green onions, and even typical meat seasonings to make the veggies tastier), then cooking a much smaller cut of meat with lots of spices and sauce to flavour the shit out of it, slicing it super thin, and using that side of meat as a burst of flavour between bites of vegetables.

Healthy food tastes better and makes me feel better, just sprinkle some olive oil and salt and peper on roasted broccoli. Steak is pretty much protein just dont make a crazy butter sauce. Plenty of sautéed chicken is delicious, seasoning is not unhealthy or anything.

> Veeky Forums

haha, everything on your piece of shit board is the worst fucking cooking I have ever seen.

Protip: Americans know precisely fuck all about food.

> olive oil

You dun goofed

> taste is secondary

You will never realize how badly your life sucks.

You fucking what?

Healthy food is honestly great in its own way, and not eating shit food makes it taste so much better on the rare time you do.

I had some beef and broccoli yesterday which was my first junk food in 3 weeks and it was fucking orgasmic because I wasn't used to it.

If you're at all proficient at cooking then you shouldn't need to ask this question.

If beef and broccoli is junk food, what do you consider healthy? Nothing but kale?

>implying the best tasting food isn't at the very least semi-healthy

SHIGGY
H
I
G
G
Y

Beef and broccoli made at home is pretty good, but from the Chinese restaurant it's 100% junk food.