How do you cope with the fact that everything is phony (inb4 dismissed for being like Holden)?

How do you cope with the fact that everything is phony (inb4 dismissed for being like Holden)?

Literary theory is bs made up so that people can leech off of academia and get easy degrees.

Social scientists are idiots and weaponised by dishonest journalists as the new secular prophets telling people what to think / why they're shit.

Morality is never practised. A politician who kills innocent people is more popular than one who says politically incorrect things.

So many current novels are merely narcissistic barely disguised memoirs or written by people with zero life experience.

Science and maths are practised mostly within hideously subsidised and bloated academic institutions.

Sex and portrayals of success are shoved in your face wherever you go through songs and pictures. But you're not allowed to say you want any of it.

90+ % of jobs could be done by everyone and only recruit based on looks and personality. Your genetically determined appearance factors are the largest influence of how people treat you, yet this is never acknowledged.

Literature is not an oasis, not one bit.

There will just be a big "FUCK YOU" written there

>/trash/

you think too much. get laid more. shit isnt this complicated.

youre an animal go make more dna

There is only one solution op.

>many current novels are merely narcissistic barely disguised memoirs or written by people with zero life experience.
TIL the year is 1893 based on user's description of the current state of literature

Embrace the nihilism

We're all just holograms bro

You're not wrong.

In fact you're a genius, smarter than the average lad.

But how is that working for you? Whining on a mongolian anime board thursday 1:00 pm

So shut your fucking mouth, get in line, cut your hair and nails, conform, and play the game better than everyone else.

Your individuality means fuck all without accolades & accomplishments, accept it and conform.

Literary theory isn't total bullshit for people smart enough to see the pearls in the shit.

You're bitching about almost every academic discipline, so I wager you're pretty fucking stupid and just mad that you can't hack it.

You go to /pol/ and wallow in self-despair with the rest of those drooling losers.

You are weak and part of the problem. The fact that you get depressed with that situation only shows that instead of standing up and acting to survive you chose roll over and whine.

Be the difference you want to see in the world or at least don't be part of the problem. Do you think that crying about it on a taiwanese shoe making board will help anything? Go out and do something for yourself and those you care about.

>just b urself

>How do you cope with the fact that everything is phony (inb4 dismissed for being like Holden)?

suicide

this lol

i thought everyone here was supposed to be +18? we've all been through this when we were 15 bro, grow up

no you fucking tard fashion yourself into somone who looks like their prime for donating genetic material

>height
>face
>frame
spend some time working on your physique and working outdoors. pin test. put yourself under stressful environtmental conditions so that epigenetics cause certain genes to express.

be someone people want to be around you stupid fuck

I just realize there's no point to life. 99% of the population could so easily be replaced by another and life would go on.
Just realize nothing matters and do what you want to live the life you want. Simple as that.

You did it

You unraveled the secrets of the fucking universe

No belief in a false God can repress your superior intellect

How euphoric are you right now?

>Science and maths are practised mostly within hideously subsidised and bloated academic institutions.

What, you mean the stuff you're too dumb to do? Also, what is industry? What is engineering that built the house you live in and the bus you take to high school?

Get your fucking angst under control, Jesus.

>pin test
>be someone people want to be around
>height face frame
>epigenetics

2/8 made me answer

... did you get lost on your way to Veeky Forums?

This is Veeky Forums. We lift things up and put them down again. Usually these things are not books.

This.
Just fuck off. There's nothing wrong with the world as bad as your view point of it

That girl on the right is goals, any word on the sauce of this?

Also get this neckbeard shit off my board faggot.

>Literary theory is bs made up so that people can leech off of academia and get easy degrees.
No it isn't. It is art. To make such a sweeping generalization, you must be extremely lazy.
>Social scientists are idiots and weaponised by dishonest journalists as the new secular prophets telling people what to think / why they're shit.
They're not idiots and there's a ton of solid research coming out of social science. However, I do believe they're misleading the public on some key issues.
>Morality is never practiced.
Are you retarded? Society would not function without basic moral principles. Obviously society exists, so you're wrong.
>So many current novels are merely narcissistic barely disguised memoirs or written by people with zero life experience.
Name one.
>Science and maths are practised mostly within hideously subsidised and bloated academic institutions.
I would rather have over-funded sciences than under-funded ones.
>Sex and portrayals of success are shoved in your face wherever you go through songs and pictures. But you're not allowed to say you want any of it.
Yes you are, retard. Lrn2capitalism
>90+ % of jobs could be done by everyone and only recruit based on looks and personality.
Oh, grow the fuck up. People are hired based on skill/knowledge for any high earning job. Obviously personality is important too, retard. Looks are a factor, albeit a small one comparatively.
>Your genetically determined appearance factors are the largest influence of how people treat you, yet this is never acknowledged.
This is acknowledged in, hmmm, THE SOCIAL SCIENCES

Tl;dr just kill yourself then, you whiny faggot. Also, Holden

You're all idiots
OP I'm sorry no one can relate. You'll be alone forever but you knew that

I like you

>using goals unironically
Cancer pls go

Everyone is truly alone, at the end of the day.

What kind of stressful conditions?

I got you bro. The world is fucked. I have a STEM degree. I got a job in my field, but applied science is so easy. A well trained monkey could do my job. I'm not sure if other disciplines are the same, but I think generally, what they teach you in college is well beyond what you need to know to do your job. Literally anyone could do my job with a few weeks training in basic ecology.

Social sciences are made up bullshit. People are so dumb as to think that the basic ecological and evolutionary concepts that apply to animals don't apply to us. Bitch, your husband didn't cheat on you because he was a bad person, he did it because he is a high value male genetically hardwired to spread his seed. Likewise your girl spread her legs for this other dude because he is a better male than you.

I got promoted fast because I look and dress well. I out dress everyone in the office, and just being in mediocre shape makes me in much better shape than the beer swilling football watching fat dads I work with.

I'll take the bait.

>How do you cope with the fact that everything is phony (inb4 dismissed for being like Holden)?

By finding a fulfilling job and good group of friends, like a normal person.

>Literary theory is bs made up so that people can leech off of academia and get easy degrees.

Fiction is an integral part of our culture. The value in studying why good fiction is "good" is in developing a better understanding of ourselves and society.

>Social scientists are idiots and weaponised by dishonest journalists as the new secular prophets telling people what to think / why they're shit.

Definitely weaponized by dishonest journalists, but if you actually read papers/studied a social science you'd realize the value those fields have to offer

>Morality is never practised. A politician who kills innocent people is more popular than one who says politically incorrect things.

At the level of Secretary of State of course you're going to be involved with sketchy things. That's like complaining an army infantryman killed somebody.

Trump is unpopular because he's blatantly racist, outright lies, and will prevent any effective foreign policy because of that.

>So many current novels are merely narcissistic barely disguised memoirs or written by people with zero life experience.

I don't think you read very much modern lit.

???

Not sure why subsidizing education, the one thing that is absolutely tied to a higher quality of life is bad. But yeah this one is factually correct so good job here.

>Sex and portrayals of success are shoved in your face wherever you go through songs and pictures. But you're not allowed to say you want any of it.

Yes you are. Move out of your small town and into a real city. I'm exhausted by how much everybody talks about sex and success.

>90+ % of jobs could be done by everyone and only recruit based on looks and personality. Your genetically determined appearance factors are the largest influence of how people treat you, yet this is never acknowledged.

No, not really. Though looks are unfair, personality isn't. Business is relationships, nobody wants an awkward fresh out of college hire to fuck up their meeting.

>Literature is not an oasis, not one bit.

No idea what this is referencing. But I disagree anyway.

Holden pls go

>I out dress everyone in the office

Found the faggot

Euforic the post

Doesn't matter. You are only ever who you are perceived to be. You're only ever remembered for what you did. It's not you against the world because the world doesn't are about you. Just rope yourself if you can't deal with that

>he did it because he is a high value male genetically hardwired to spread his seed
the difference between humans and animals are our keen awareness of cause/effect relationships. We may be genetically predisposed to do something but that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to do it. Basically, saying muh genetics when you cheat is childish and a cop out. Self-control.

>Your genetically determined appearance factors are the largest influence of how people treat you, yet this is never acknowledged.

For starters, yes. However you can reject the mold imposed by your genetics and upbringing, and re-create yourself in the image you desire. You can make yourself more attractive, you can make yourself more cunning and more popular. But these facts too go usually unacknowledged, or labelled as imoral things, as if the good moral thing to do is to just accept whichever role the world foists onto you.

Only like 70% of it.

Dishonest journalists suck but I don't see any reason to think that social scientists are weaponized idiots. Sociologists and psychologists are "telling people what to think" just as much as geologists or ornithologists are.

>Morality is never practised.

This can be frustrating. Christianity is basically a pacifistic anarchist religion but some of the most pro-war, pro-capitalism, and pro-state people in America call themselves Christians. This was a problem before the modern era but the arrival of modernity has certainly torn apart most of what was left of our morals. We truly are living in the epoch of nihilism. The old wold is being wiped away. Personally, I think we should go the existentialist route and use this as an opportunity to create new values instead of trying to preserve or resurrect the old. This doesn't mean we can't be influenced or inspired by old values though.

>A politician who kills innocent people is more popular than one who says politically incorrect things.

If you're talking about Hillary vs. Trump, I wouldn't call Hillary more popular. Trump is both the candidate who is hated more and the one who is loved more. Also, while Clinton has a lot of blood on her hands, Trump's hands will be far from spotless by the time his first term is over, if he is elected. All of our choices have been awful.

Which novels are you talking about?

unironically agree OP

probably why i've been depressed since a young age when i figured this shit out

of course you will get 100 naive virgins/genetic lottery fags saying "just be urself" "just lift brah :^)"

Worst thing is, this life is so bizarre, so alien in a sense.... and still so disappointing, boring, and shit.

>conform