Veeky Forumszens who do manual labor full time, tell me how many cals you eat, how you balance gym life, recovery etc

Veeky Forumszens who do manual labor full time, tell me how many cals you eat, how you balance gym life, recovery etc..

I used to. I never counted calories like a faggot though. Just ate more then usual.

idk, something like 3500-4000.
I work nights and hate people, so I go to the gym after work.
Yes. I know, but whatever.

I do pull/legs/rest/push/legs/res, although I may start skipping rest days.

Buy lotion. Save your hands.
Buy talc or some other butt powder. Swamp ass is hell.

height/weight for context?

5'8", 200 down from 215 about 4 months ago.
>inb4 fatass
And my job is a bit more than manual labor. Unloading and reloading trucks is the god damn hardest work I have ever done, just from how much you have to move to keep pace with the rest of the crew.

sometimes i work 14 hours straight which pretty much ruin any workout

That'll do it. At that point, just take a rest day and a beer.

>tfw doing whole day of manual labor to then go to the gym

Why not go before?

currently bulking and I need a good few hours to get the majority of my calories in since I'm so busy

Also I'd prefer to be exhausted after my workout since I'm going straight to bed, rather than be slugging near the end of work

Elevator Constructor in Chicago here.

Most tradesmen don't lift, but the vast majority have retard strength and hands that will crush rocks. The biggest man I've ever seen was a carpenter and he looked like he was out of a comic book.

Balancing gym life is a fucking pain. I can't workout after work cause I'm usually too tired and sore, so that means morning workouts.

04:00 = wake up

05:00 = gym

05:45 = end gym time and drive to job site

Another reason I can't workout after work is because the gyms are too crowded and I don't like people who camp out in the one squat rack. Cannot wait to build my Olympic lifting dojo once I buy a house.... Soon.

Pro tip - if you want to join a trade, do it sooner than later. If you don't like it, you can always go back to school or whatever, but if you do like it, you'll want to become a journeyman ASAP.

Are there any aesthetic people in your trade or is it all strongfat? also do you go to bed at 8PM every night?

Some tradesmen have good strength, not all though. Carpenter may or may not. Someone working with tiling, or road construction? Fuck yeah they're gonna be strong. They spend all day trying to hold something down for all their life.

Furniture movers? Could fucking strangle you without even trying.

>Used to do manual labor
>Never had to count calories
>Was at a good weight but ate like shit
>Got a desk job literally a week after quitting manual labor
>Gain 80lbs in a year

Wew fucking lad. Correcting it now but the time just flew by.

Walmart?

skim GOMAD, but only after work

Are you me we have the same schedule. Been a carpenters apprentice for two years its pretty chill but I'm tired as fuck by the end of the day

I don't do manual labor per se but I have a high volume warehouse job that has me running around all day and constantly bending/lifting 25-50lb objects that are often unsafely stacked.

Some of the fat fucks I work with wear fitbits and apparently they're getting like 8 miles of walking in a shift and they're always sitting out the hard stuff so based on that and trial and error I think I burn anywhere from 800-1000 extra calories in a workday.

I got a bunch of tendinitis and shit when I started, and I have a repetitive stress injury in my lower back that's getting bad, but it hasn't affected my lifting. I did, however, stop lifting for a few months thinking my injuries would heal better or something and it was a huge mistake; I felt way worse and got hurt on the job more. A strength base will help you out big time in a physical job.

Oh and I was doing SS/Texas Method and during busy weeks I would sometimes cut down from 3 gym sessions to 2 and my siqq gainz were unaffected. Oddly enough, back when I had an office job that required me to sit for 9 hours a day, my body felt way shittier and I got hurt way more.

Wage cuck Walmart worker on midnights, only work 4 nights a week due to uni. Walk around and lift things most the night. Burn An extra 1000+ cals a night on the nights I works. Cutting on 3500-4000cals a day on those nights, which is a plus. Usually gym at uni after I get off in the morning.

Swamp ass is hell but baboon ass is worse

Machinist here.
Usually load up quite a snack for work. Workout mostly after work, since i start at 7am and mornin workouts arent my thing

Pretty much this, Ended up doing GOMAD to help my bulking which hasn't horrifically messed me up, much to my surprise.

>tfw Jew government takes $1200 a month in taxes from me

Why live

Any plumbers here?
Currently in training at Job Corps, because free training, and fuck working retail or fast food.

If I have no interest in going very far in plumbing, should I just quit now? Just decided it would be fun and pay a bit more than shitty wagecuck work to support myself while going through college.
Would be going into an apprenticeship after I graduate the program. Could I get into one without a certificate of training? Things progress so very slow here and I have things that I want to do already, so I want to leave.

this picture is crazy.. now (at least in texas) you just see latinos doing this shit. It almost looks fake. what was this, the 70's?

I used to work as a bike messenger and I'm going to consider it manual labor because of the absolutely insane amount of calories I used to eat to keep up with what I was burning.

Wake up at 3:50am, go to gym, workout until 5:15, go home, breakfast and pack lunch for the day, work at 7:00, work until 17:00, get home around 17:45, quick dinner, bed by 18:30, read until 19:15, fall asleep.
6 days a week labouring for $1500 aud.

I used to go to the gym after work but at 17:30 or so the gym is packed. Used to go home first but then as soon as I sat down I lost motivation to get up again after a day working.

i just started a manuel labour job and all i really did was eat 1 more meal a day, i bike to work, which is a decent 30 ride, so since starting ive gone from 155 to 150

>Cites swamp ass
>5'8 200lb

Fatass

On work days I need 1k more than in weekends / during holidays / yearly classes.

But I'm a mechanic so probably not manual enough for most guys here.

>tell me how many cals you eat

Not enough. Also lots of walking/running distances makes for an even more larger need of calories

>how you balance gym life, recovery etc

I work in shifts, mornings are the worst and nights give me the most time to work on myself during the day

I used to work in a shittier position which drained all my energy, that's gotten easier now

The first week of labor + gym is a bitch. After that you'll get used to it. Just make sure you are eating right and balancing your vitamin intake to some extent.

Work as a carpenter/woodworker(don't know how to say it in english)Mostly do formworks and more crude stuff like joning and building the wooden structures in houses. Now i don't work though because a cut my hand really bad and tore some tendons and shit and am on sick leave until late october. But seriuosly, being a carpenter is not that fucking physically hard if you are training and take care of your body, i do oly 5 times a week and it's no probs aside from the occasional doms...

And when I am training and working i usually eat like 4-4500 kcals a day.

>Unloading and reloading trucks is the god damn hardest work I have ever done

Try scaffolding contruction.

I quit my job as soon as I started SS to become NEET and focus on my gains.

I just started as a carpenter's apprentice. I'm so tired all of the time but being able to balance a 16ft 2x6 over my head long ways is very rewarding.

I'm a farmhand, so moderate labor I guess. Best tip I can give is to take a small break once in a while. I've spent days where I'm constantly on my feet working (in a dust-filled environment) for 5-6 hours without thinking about it, and when you're done you get knocked the fuck out by all hours of accumulated fatigue at the same time. It's very difficult to lift afterwards when you feel like falling asleep lying on the bench.

Nurse here, I do my workouts before work! After work I'm way too exhausted to do anything other than eat and fuck

I dont even know if my work would be considered hard labour

R u a grill?

How do you balance work, study and life?
Do you support yourself or is it just something on the side? Age? What are you studying?

I assume you're in USA, right? Well can't you cowboy on the side for extra shekels?

No my name is Rob and I just finished training. 5'7 250lbs Also ex lorry driver.

I work as a furniture mover and I concur

Too bad, I'd fuck an exhausted nurse.

What exactly is baboon ass

>How many calories
Taking in 500-1000 at work, depending on how long I'm staying there.
Dinner is anywhere from 500-1500.
Maybe grab a nighttime snack (250-500) after workout. It was a lot worse before, I'd just eat like a truck non stop, which I suppose is why I got fat in the first place. Work leaves me pretty tired (More on that in my next point) so I usually cannot be fucked to cook something "good" and just slap together something I've counted the macros of before. Food is usually just more of a "fuel" thing for me if I'm proper tired. Heaps of protein (Get between 100-210 grams a day), some carbs and fiber, not a lot of fat. Didn't mean for it to turn out that way but it kinda just did. Stay hydrated. I have a half-gallon jug at home which I fill each morning and sip from while I'm home, and that's the bare minimum I'll drink. With what I drink at work, I reckon 4-5 liters a day sounds pretty accurate.

>Gym life/Recovery
It's a fucking bitch because I get lots of surprise overtime work, and since I'm supervising a bunch of fucking retards it drains the fuck out of me mentally, worse so than physically (Eyo user nevermind that you just got home and it's fucking 11 at night the nutjob lady across the road said she saw someone sneaking around for the xxth time this week can you go make sure the doors are locked)
I try to be in bed by 10 at night and get 8-9 hours of sleep, and supplement ZMA for better sleep and I find L-Arginine helps with recovery.
If I'm not getting enough sleep, I'll supplement some caffeine a bit before lunch break.

Make sure you're actually looking forward to going to the gym, or you're more liable to skip it due to perceiving it as just another fucking chore you gotta do.