Eat a candy bar pre-workout cause I wanted some extra energy and I didn't feel like the banana was enough

>eat a candy bar pre-workout cause I wanted some extra energy and I didn't feel like the banana was enough
>have a great workout and enough energy to do an extra accessory afterwards

I don't get it, I thought eating something sugary before a workout was a bad idea

Dunno mane
I always snack a snickers if I get that hungry feel, most likely Pr that day too

Yeah giving your body an instant energy spike before an activity that needs energy is surely very stupid.

>eating normal snickers

lol

My kryptonite!

I miss being a teenage skinnyfat and knowing fuck all about nutrition, and eating three of those in a day.

Why not eat fruit?

All the sugar but none of the negative health effects.

PB&J sammys 45min before the workout.. good or bad idea?

I'm a skelly and have been doing this for 3 weeks now

Grapes and Oranges achieve the same effect with like 40% of the calories.

isnt that too early? dont you get sugar los during workout? i used to get horrible headaches and nausia when i didnt consume some sgar before workout. i now eat energy bar and dates.

I don't know, so far I've felt good during my workouts

>I thought eating something sugary before a workout was a bad idea
No you retard, either eat CompCarbs (100% wheat bread, oatmeal, etc) like 3 hours before workout or SimpCarbs (sports drink or the like, just as little fat as possible, so no candy bars) 1 hr-30 min before.
Also, try not to rely on fruit for simple sugar; fructose digests more slowly than most others.

I eat 25g of 81% dark chocolate before my 30min walk to the gym

It's better if you save the fat for when you're going to be inactive (because fat also digests 2slo, your metabolism will slow down, and increased blood flow to your digestive tract, away from muscles).
Not by any means doubting you have results, but they'd likely be better if you saved fattier foods for at least a couple hours afterward.

What should I eat right before I leave then?
I'd just like to try different foods, not into the jew pre workouts or caffeine pills

Simple carbs. Low cal bread items. Half a bagel with some peanut butter.

Honestly, any sort of non(or at least low)-fat simple carb you can find will do. Specifically look for foods with a high Glycemic Index; the higher the number, the faster it digests and gives you an immediate supply of glycogen. I bring gatorade like a normalfag.

>good or bad idea
>skelly

figure it out yourself dumbass

Haven't eaten a candy bar in years. A-am I missing out?

No. It's just sugar

How good is Gatorade for weight lifting? I've been going fasted for a bit, but on a cut, I'll want to change it up, because I'm already plateauing as it is.

desu, i think gatorade and powerade is kinda snake oil.
all i use for preworkout is 20g of sugar dissolved in 500ml of water or so, as well as a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt to get the electronz.
i find this to work just as well

I think it's good for the simple carbs but I read that you shouldn't eat fat before the workout, so I'm unsure

I'll continue eating them for that delicious bulking but I might move them to another time of the day

I might give that a try. Plus, then I don't have to wake up 1.5 hours early to eat some oatmeal before a workout. Thanks.

Gaorade is just a simple carb like any other that refills your gylcogen, which fuels your exercise.
It means you'll be able to lift or run for a longer amt of time/harder before you fatigue.
Also means your body won't break down its own dietary or muscle proteins to meet the energy requirements.
Just make sure you count those calories in, adjust the rest of your meals to compensate.

What about eating a banana pre workout?

Enticing, but the main sugar in fruit, fructose, is known to digest at a slower rate than glucose, lactose, etc.

No, don't fall for the candy kike again.

OP here, I haven't ate a candy bar in a while and did it as a spur of the moment thing. No, you're not really missing out. It was ok but not really that great. I liked the workout effect more than the candy bar but I'm going to try finding my simple carbs elsewhere

What about eating rice cakes with/without peanut butter pre workout

Without peanut butter, you may as well drink water. Rice cakes aren't so much a food as much as they are a medium for eating other things.

>All these ppl eating refined carbs
>Some eating plain, simple, free sugars

You revolt me

>he thinks you should eat oatmeal an hour before lifting
Enjoy your vomit.