Been lifting for 18 months and getting almost no shoulder gains, can you guys give me some pointers?

Been lifting for 18 months and getting almost no shoulder gains, can you guys give me some pointers?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/content/5-shoulder-workouts-for-mass-a-beginners-guide.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you tried shoulder exercises?

Yes
Flies, ohp, raises.
I do them 3x a week.

What is your EXACT shoulder routine. What weight? Reps? Sets?

bodybuilding.com/content/5-shoulder-workouts-for-mass-a-beginners-guide.html

Fucking hell. I just went on that link and every 2 seconds got a pop up ad for an app. Uber, Addison Lee, War pigs, about 8 others. What the fuck?

My best shoulder gains come from

Anterior Delt - Dumbbell Front Raise
Mid Delt - Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Posterior Delt - Bent Over Dumbbell Reverse Flyes

Also heavy OHP for them all around deltoid gains

Get an ad blocker

>3x a week

byebye rotator cuff

This is pretty much all you need. I like to superset front raises with side raises for that extra bit of juiciness

Lately I've been doing laterals on P1 and fronts on P2, but do you think I should do them both on both days?

>tfw been Benching and ohping heavy same day 2x per week.
Shoulders never felt better and gains all around.
>inb4 dyel
130 kg binch 82 kg ohp at 81 kg

Almost got that bodyweight OHP user, keep it going. I'm on a similar routine except I swap them out, 1 heavy and 1 hypertrophy

>all the faggots ITT doing front raises
Dem rolled forward shoulder gains.

Seriously, just doing ohp and bench is already plenty for your front delts. You don't need to isolate them. Side delts need lateral raises with a weight you can do for 10-15 reps. Rear delts need face pulls or rear delt flies.

I'm nice and young, I also do stretches.

I thought dumbbell shoulder press worked front delta more than side delts.

It does. All presses are mainly front delt exersises. The further your hands are apart and the more your elbows are out to your side, the more your mid delts are working. The only thing to target mid delts directly are lateral raises. Other things you can do are upright rows and face pulls, they also work the rear delts along with the lateral delts, but they're not as effective as a lateral raise with good form.

Pics?

dis guy knows his shit

>tfw cant get any shoulder definition

I've gotten broad as fuck but my shoulders have never looked that muscular.

I quite like the broadness though, I used to be a right lanklet, now being broad and 6'3 makes me feel huge next to people

Lateral raises are everything.
Also, pack your shoulder blades on ALL shoulder exercises make sure they don't move to isolate the shoulders

>tfw benching and Ohping heavy 4x a week
My shoulders feel great just like
Oh and I OHP 105kg, Bench 180kg. pic is me

To be fair my front delts hurt now and then, but none of the supporting muscles do. Front delts just feel tight, almost like compartment syndrome, rear delts could do with work to compensate for my excessive front delt (relative) to medial & rear.

I squat 1x a week and DL 1x a week. Big difference from SS my first year, 5/3/1, texas method and then when I did Canditos, Kelly baggets high freq routine & that routine where you squat ED. Tried Oly lifting for a while too... manage a C&J of 80kg lol

Ohp and Bench respond best to high frequency
They will make your front delts blow up if you get strong on them
Lateral delts grow more from volume.
Your best bet is getting leaner and focusing on 'mind muscle' connection and isolating lateral delts. That or Pin gear and watch delts blow up as we know from /fraud/

Shoulders are a fucking awful muscle because theyre small, most of the exercises you do to improve them are slow-progressing and there's a whole host of issues with the rotator cuff and bursitis etc.

The only way they're gonna see noticeable development is likely to be through getting high volume in on a balanced set of exercises. What I mean by that is that you don't just do 300 sets of 20 rep OHP/Lat raises. Get your face pulls, Lu raises, YTWs, presses etc. in with a good ratio of anterior:posterior work and a fuck ton of lateral stuff.

tfw no matter what, my shoulders always get too pumped when working them and it gets really painful if I keep doing it.

I mean serious pain, like even if I am completely still and relaxed, it hurts. It's fine if I only do a couple exercises, but if I'm doing a lot of work on them, they get so pumped it hurts.

Never get the problem with any other muscle.

OP try this

>Either Barbell standing or seated DB OBP
>8 - 10 reps for 4 sets
>squeeze your grip hard as fuck and keep ROM full

>Lat raises seated
>10 to 14 reps for 4 sets

>Reverse flies however you prefer
>8 to 12 reps for 4 sets

>machine OHP
>4sets max weight til failure

If your shoulders dont grow from this youre just a cuck i guess

I did DB ohp with the 80s for a clean set of 8 yesterday. Felt great

Its funny to see girls strugglin to OHP the 5lb dumbells meanwhile youre beside them easily reppin the 80s. Its like girls are anatomically built without delts lol

mirin delts, are you natty? what do you exactly do for your shoulders besides ohp

Is he natty??? Lol

Did seated DB OBD. On the last 2 reps with 17.5kgs each hand felt like my spine was gonna snap. Yes, am dyel. Went for 15kgs instead.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Just keep doin it

One day youl be pressin the big boys over your head and youl feel smug as fuuuuuck i promise its onea the best lifting feels besides a deadlift PR.

Liftin shit over your head give you primal feels

There is no stopping it.

Was 136lbs last christmas. This morning my after shit weight was 169lbs. Love bulking and love the pump after every lifting session.

Nice man

Ya i started at 145lbs at 6'1 and im all the way up to 195 now

U def got more gains to unlock

you grew 3 inches? i dont think so mr manlet

That is not how it works, you are supposed to move your shoulder blades when doing shoulder exercises, are you trying to give him a shoulder impingement? This isn't like working the chest.

First pic I was 16 lol second pic I was 20 nearly 21, I'm 22 now.

Yes, think I may do babys first cycle though and do 750mg test e + 200mg tren and aromasin
Lots and lots of lateral raises, I did ultimate diet 2.0 for a long time with some breaks because I loved it; made me love and appreciate food. So lateral raises were plentiful. Did GVT now and then on 5/3/1 too. Would do 20kg lateral raises for 10-15 reps up to 10 sets.

Sometiems worked up to 30kg not amazing form lateral raises for 5 reps. That's 30kg each arm, so 60kg.

My routine is usually just the big 3, with lots of pull ups, lateral raises, curls and tri pulldowns, lat work, chest flyes, sprinting, ab work, goodmornings, bench variations and push press. Sometimes forearm work and trap work + calf work. Might throw in glute work if Im failing to get out of the hole.

So as you can see, I just do a lot of high frequency for delts and volume. Not much else.

Back to being natty, well - I have used eph, clen and GHRP2 + CJC W/ + W/O DAC on and off, didn't make huge differences though so idk

Once week do this.

>arnold press 2 sets
>OHP for like 5 or 6 sets of 4-8 reps
>reverse dumbbell flyes 3 sets
>shoulder press for 3-4 sets
>horizontal raises 3 sets
>verticle raises 3 sets
>reverse cable flyes 3 sets - usually therea a machine for this
>then seated OHP. Theres usually a bench where you can rest your back and a bar held at shoulder height. Dont remember the name of this. But do for as many sets as you can
>arnold press again for 2 or 3 sets
>can finish with using the cables to get your rear delts for a couple sets -depends on how you feel though

I usually like to hit my triceps after shoulders but thats what i do for shoulders

Yeah I'm natty lol
Unelss you don't consider Eph, Clen and GHRP2 + CJC natty
In that case no I am not natty.
haven't touched roidz tho

Got most of my strength from 5/3/1 + sheiko + Boris routines
Got most of my fat loss without muscle loss and recomp from UD 2.0 and lyle mcdonalds shit.

Thats way too much

You have 9 exercises there lmao. Dont stay in the gym for 2 hours bro thats a waste of time and counterproductive

Your not gunna get big unless you work hard. Now obviously you gotta eat more but its not at all counter productive.

Once you get past 5 similar exercises for one muscle group in a day youre just beating a dead horse