Did you know that it's completely possible (and actually very likely) that the over-the-counter supplement 5-HTP is...

Did you know that it's completely possible (and actually very likely) that the over-the-counter supplement 5-HTP is better and safer than SSRIs for depression?

Nobody checked, because it can't be patented so nobody will fund a study. Capitalist absurdity.

If you really believe that depression is a serotonin deficiency, why not take the serotonin precursor? Too simple to make money off, that's why.

So are you saying, this shit's legit?

Are you sure its not just working out thats helping lift the depression

Yeah, I'm sure. When I work out while depressed, I have to grind through the depression and never break through. I even try to trick myself into feeling good about it.

But 5-HTP works great. I just generally feel human no matter what I'm doing. It's possible it has some terrible side-effect, but nothing yet.

If you think about the system of incentives in the pharma industry, it is hilarious. You have to ask yourself, what would the world look like if there was an unpatentable cure for depression that worked really well? The answer: it would look just like this world.

Brehs, should I try this shit? I've been feeling no motivation, trouble sleeping, shit sucks. I'm pretty weary of drugs because of side effects and I just prefer to live a pretty natty life but I dunno, willing to try something I suppose.

Might as well try it it's cheap. Although OP could just be another big pharma shill

I did take it for months and it didn't do anything for me. Didn't feel it at all so I upped the dose to double and still nothing. Waste of money for me.

He's a pussy. If you have depression you're a pussy. Cavemen didn't have depression. If they did they fucking died

What a coincidence. As it happens I have depression and I'd love to die!

Maybe he would make a great caveman but was born in the modern world.

Yeah too bad we aren't living with large animals that could kill you. You could starve to death but that's pretty painful, and the government tries to prevent that from happening anyway

I dunno if it's the same in men as I don't know any guys with depression but girls, especially ones in their late teens, are the most self-centered whingy bipolar people I have ever met who do nothing whatsoever to help themselves. Are men like this too?

MAKE SURE to balance it out with L-Tyrosine. This is known as the Kalesh method.

You could end up with a neurotransmitter imbalance due to taking one but not the other.

**Kalish

This shit is actually legit, but I found it sent my anxiety through the roof. I don't know, maybe being a 115 lb grilllet makes me too much of a lightweight to take standard size supplements. Had to stop taking them or get therapy for the anxiety they caused.

>thinking ssri's work
>thinking 5-htp works

You'll get over that phase soon.

Also
>thinking your depressed

Haha.

Who would have thought that taking mind altering chemicals could have negative effects

I thought only evil big pharma meds could have a bad effect

>5-htp

enjoy your liquid shits and stomach cramps.
Apart from that it has a bit of an effect but not really much. You'd be better off with some saint johns wort.

But all cavemen died

this guys is right, explain this shit you fuckers

There's no such thing as depression.

I used this shit and it made me depressed and cry like a little bitch. Serious.

L theanine + L Tyrosine works better

I use that shit after XTC