What's the point of learning combat and bragging about strenght if there's never a real oportunity to fight to dead IRL...

what's the point of learning combat and bragging about strenght if there's never a real oportunity to fight to dead IRL and most criminals already use guns and knives and shit?

Because combat sports are fun.

My imposing rippling mass ends confrontations before they even start.

I mean real life applications of combat training.

I don't mean doing it as a sport.

depends on where you live. it probably wouldent be too useful against a criminal who has planned an attack but it would be useful against a random insecure guy who wants to fight you. also, knowing you can fight gives confidence as you're aware that you can defend yourself if you insult anyone.

There's no reason. It's for children, try-hards, insecure faggots and the occasional professional.

cont. if you live in america, i dont know why you wouldent just get a gun desu if you're afraid of being a victim of a crime. i live in england so knowing self defense is probably more proficient here. i was brought up in a low class area, and i have never been a victim of a stabbing but it does happen, however i have nearly got into fist fights with people numerous times.

>My imposing rippling mass ends confrontations before they even start.

this 2bh

when you're big enough, people will not want to fuck with you

Cultivating a martial and manly spirit which will inspire confidence in yourself

US is getting cucked super hard right now, it's best to prepare for the worst. I.E guns get banned and every criminal creams their pants with delight as the chances of them getting shot have be exponentially lowered.

Guns can't get banned you would need nearly every state to repeal the 2nd amendment(37 to be exact) and even then it could still get challenged in court and would likely lose.

>join the military of a non shit country
>apply for special forces

there you go, you will be trained to fight and you will be send to a warzone. Later, you could brag with your friends about how you lost your penis and both legs while fighting.

The reason is that combat is everywhere. Competition for girls, jobs, opportunity, respect. Physically fighting someone comes up rarely, but using the mind you develop through martial arts happens constantly.

Do you see how people who are afraid to fight but want to seem tough act? That embarrassing macho display where somebody tries to look big and threatening but only in ways that don't actually make a fight start? You do that when you're talking to a pretty girl that scares you and to your boss when you're asking for a raise. Learn to fight, internalize it, defeat your own stupid bullshit and then make life your bitch. You will probably not have to punch someone, but you will have to command respect and you can't really do it consistently with fake bullshit, only real strength of will.

>he thinks you don't have to be fit to survive a gunfight

There are areas in the u.s. where firearm ownership is greatly restricted, and you cannot carry a loaded firearm.
Thank God I don't live there.

>no, I'm not Veeky Forums. I'm a /k/omrade who comes here for the fph/fps threads.

>what's the point of learning combat and bragging about strenght if there's never a real oportunity to fight to dead IRL and most criminals already use guns and knives and shit?
There is none. Only children and mentally challenged people fight all the time, unless it's in a ring as a contest. 99.99% of everyone goes through their entire adult life without ever needing to be in a physical confrontation with another adult. Learn self-defense if you like but you'll likely never need it. The exception is women, they should all learn self defense to protect themselves against rapists.

if you're learning it for real life applications then you've sadly missed the point of martial arts

you learn it so you never have to use it, that's what they used to say to me when i was a kid, and there's truth to those words

Ugh, why does everything today have to be so fucking gay?
Why can't I beat someone that talks shit to me irl up without going to jail?
Why can't I hit a fucking nigger/jew/sandnigger/spic without it being a hate-crime?
Why does every woman have an army of betas to fight for her honor?
Why is every fucking developed country cucking their men into oblivion?

Jews trying to take over bruh. I thought it was Veeky Forums garbage but seriously who hasnt been shilled racially on a major scale? They knew how to control America because we're desperate to have it all. Its over famalam.

Why do you have to insist on being a violent asshole? Is your IQ only two digits? Did you drop out of school, too? Or are you just an asshole?

Nobody likes violent assholes. It's bad for EVERYONE, which is why the various forms of being a violent asshole is ILLEGAL and gets your ass thrown in jail.

Of course we could just turn it all around on you.
Move to Texas; if you're a violent asshole as you describe there, someone will just pull out their gun and shoot your ass. Problem solved, no cops or courts or jail necessary. So please, move to Texas. Soon.

oh shit did you go to mr miyagi?

>all this projecting
Do you know how I know you're a beta?

I don't know what my IQ is but I go to a university doing a STEM course.
I'm not violent, I want to have the option to be violent.

>all this projecting
Do you know how I know you're an edgelord and totally full of shit?

>hurr durr I'm going to post like an ALPHA MALE and talk about beating people up and smacking women around, herp derp

Just admit to everyone you're 12, we've already figured it out. Then leave Veeky Forums, Underage B&.

>I have a comfortable uneventful life and everyone is like me
>no one needs to learn to defend themselves in 2016
>fighting is barbaric and for degenerates
T. insecure memeboys
if you fall the wrong way to your head in a real fight, or get knocked out and beat while you're in lalaland you can incur serious brain damage. If the thought has never crossed your mind or you've never needed it good for you, but some of us don't have that luxury yet.

>he wants the virgin subscribers to a Malawian hot dog artistry forum to think he's a tough guy

So basically you realised you were being retarded and now you're resorting to petty insults.
Look kid, I'm sorry I scared you half to death by "acting like an ALPHA MALE", that wasn't my intention at all.
If you want, you can send me your dry cleaning bill if you happened to have a little "accident" in your pants while reading my posts.
I'd be happy to cover your expenses, seeing as you're probably some fat neckbeard living in his mother's basement receiving autismbux.

Confidence in knowing you can defend yourself if need be. That's it. It's mentally calming know you can fuck almost anyone up if you're not a pussy. Knowing how bad everyone else is at fighting it's not hard to learn self defense but it takes discipline like any art.

I posted things I dislike about today's society.
That's all.

>I have a comfortable uneventful life and everyone is like me
i never said that
>no one needs to learn to defend themselves in 2016
i never said that
>fighting is barbaric and for degenerates
i never said that
>T. insecure memeboys
are you sure i'm insecure? because all i did was to point out that your dojo used a line from karate kid, and you fire away a bunch of straw men. it seems to me that a person who jumps at the opportunity to defend his or her habits or life choices would probably be an insecure person.
>if you fall the wrong way to your head in a real fight, or get knocked out and beat while you're in lalaland you can incur serious brain damage. If the thought has never crossed your mind or you've never needed it good for you, but some of us don't have that luxury yet.
ok?

didn't know North Korean slums had access to internet now

> tfw job actually includes physical violence and subduing people

Holy shit, you're sperging so hard that I can sense your fedora through the internet.

Assuming U.S., the law does allow for sense defense and fighting back. You're just a pathetic edgy cunt.

Dumb anime poster

>Posting non stop in every thread with an anime photo as the OP

Its not just about fighting, but looking good and being more physically sound and capable in general. At the same time, you can't always control where or when fights start, and your body is the one thing you're guaranteed to have with you if and when one starts. Additionally, the advantage offered by firearms is directly proportionate to the intelligence of the wielder. If the person doesn't know how to navigate, let alone aim, it's only the narrowest of advantages in a closed environment. There are records of shootings were the number of people injured, let alone killed, are lower than a quarter of the estimated ammunition expended.