US Army

>US Army
If you had to make an actual legitimate fitness test, what would it be?

run 200m
run 2000m
pull-ups
deadlift
ohp

the 1.5 mile times they have already are pretty decent. they really don't need strength past the ability to move 40-60kg reasonable distances. endurance and speed is really what they care about, and rightly so desu.

maybe add in ohp and pullup tests? like 40kg and 5 with 20kg additional weight respectively? even then they're not really 100% necessary.

a casualty evac simulation: run 200-500m fireman carrying a 220lbs sack.

>US Army listing metric first
Top cuck

all US measurements are officially based on the metric system and have been since well before you were born

>1.6 m long jump
>4.5 m power throw
>70 kg DLs
On my first day at the gym I did 3.1 m long jump, 5m shot put (there is a track for oly training and i wanted to check myself) and 70 kg DL x5 reps. Are these numbers supposed to be impressive? What the fuck?

Please tell me the Long Jump involves no run up and jumping from your weakest foot

It's probably a standing jump with no run up, it makes no sense otherwise.
Same for the standing deadlift, isn't it supposed to be a stiff legs deadlift?

>Black is best
>White is worst
AYO WHITE BOIS BTFO
HOW CAN WHITE BOIS EVEN COMPETE?

no, they're meant to be the fitness levels of beginners joining the army. it's average and achievable without training, because that's what they'd be doing in basic. it's to catch out the absolutely pathetic applicants and people that aren't worth training at all.

It's a jump with zero movement, two feet at a time and the feet must be kept together upon landing. The deadlift is a conventional deadlift with a trap bar lel, I did it yesterday.

what do you think it means when they say "five clicks out" in your war video games. it's kilometers. the US military uses the metric system and 24h clock like europeans because both make more sense.

that's for artillery right?
Our regular pt test for age 17-21 is a 16 minute two mile, 42 push ups in two minutes, and 46 sit ups in two minutes. For a perfect score you need a 13 minutes two mile, 76 sit ups, and 70 push ups. My best score is 293 but I have another pt test Tuesday, hoping to get that hot 300+. I've already maxed sit ups and push ups, I just have to knock 25 seconds on my run time

>160lbs deadlift

Wat

Any untrained man can lift that lol

in my country's army there are pull ups and some cardio test
I think I wouldn't change it. Requirement of 10 pull ups or whatever is a solid upper body strength base. And basic cardio is a need. Maybe I would add 3pl8 deadlift just for that basic lower body strength.

I talked to a buddy today who actually looks pretty fit to the outside and we talked about DL and he said he only started doing it a few months ago so I asked how much can he lift and he said 50kg

No idea what those first 2 are. But the deadlift seems low and I ran a better shuttle than gold while injured and a girl in my team ran 7+.

This is a joke.

All my DLs are sldl.

>100 pushups
>100 sit-ups
>100 squats
>10km running
every single day

>10km running

Make that 3km hiit steep incline. And leg raises instead of those retarded situps.