Do C*tholics really believe that all Protestants are damned?

Do C*tholics really believe that all Protestants are damned?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289613000470
lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/were-the-victorians-smarter-than-us.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=kk-5EDgKlAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lutherans had legitimate complaints, everyone else is going to hell

>Catholic church pews are still full in Europe & America
>Mainline protestant churches are completely empty and sometimes headed by women and open homosexuals
>Fire and brimstone evangelical Christians are still in business but they believe things that simply don't appeal to the rest of society and are effectively an American subculture
>Protestantism removes most of the fun pagan elements from Christianity, and as such is boring and predictably lost favor in response to modernity
>Protestant churches aren't a relevant political force anywhere in the West except the US where Evangelicals are only ever mobilized to support Israel or put a Republican over the top in an election
>Only parts of the West with a sense of cultural or ethnic identity are the Catholic parts

Apologize for the reformation protcucks

>dad is Catholic, mom is Lutheran
>I was raised Lutheran

>fun pagan elements

absolute heresy

I'm Orthodox and I believe Catholics are damned as well

You're a pretty shitty Orthodox then user

Other way around, it's the protestants that think the Catholics are going to hell.

I'm a catholic family member and I always believed protestants are superior due to their strong work ethics.

They didn't get a better work ethic from protestantism, they just had better genes (Average British IQ was estimated to be around 110 during the Victorian era). All that advantage is almost gone since WWI where the lower classes started outbreeding the upper classes. Absolute IQ is dropping about 1-1.5 IQ points per generation.

Idiocracy is basically a documentary at this point.

I never understood this meme, please explain. I can kinda see why Protestantism might make them more individualistic, but why would they have better work ethic? If anything, doesn't Protestantism say that you just need to believe to be saved? So since they don't have an imperative to do good things, wouldn't that encourage being lazy and not really caring about your time on Earth?

Its a modern protcuck retcon that they use to explain the industrial revolution taking place first in Protestant areas of the world

>implying inbred island anglo genes are somehow superior to French, Austrian, German, Belgian, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese genes

>Only parts of the West with a sense of cultural or ethnic identity are the Catholic parts
That's because catholic countries are poor and poor nations stick to God much more.

That's literally a violation of invisible church orthodox doctrine.

>doesn't Protestantism say that you just need to believe to be saved?
Actually Luther said that a christian who doesn't do good works doesn't have true faith because faith creates good works so that doesn't really work. Also the whole protestant work ethic is more of a Calvinist work ethic (I'm not a calvinist)

The were. Also the Catholic Church banned inbreeding out to at least the 6th cousin everywhere in Latinized Europe.

In England some claim out to the 10th cousin

England in particular also executed about 1% of the bottom of it's population (Criminals) per generation for hundreds of years.

>catholic countries are poor

American detected. You do realise that like half of Europe is catholic, right? Catholicism isn't a South American religion. Or do you somehow consider France, half of Germany, Belgium, Spain, Austria, half of Switzerland, Italy, Ireland, Portugal as poor countries?

How do you explain Northern Italians then?

None of the rich countries in your list support catholic culture any more so than the modern protestant countries promote protestant culture.

>Average British IQ was estimated to be around 110 during the Victorian era
source

Another lie, Protestant churches in Europe are literally totally empty.

The ultraconservative French Catholic population is growing as fast as the Muslim population. Austrian and German Catholics still regularly attend church and are the backbone of conservativism in Germany. They're also among the wealthiest parts of Germany.

This.

>industrial revolution starts up in England because of massive coal reserves
>immediately afterwards continues in other coal rich regions like Belgium and eastern France
>then in the catholic parts of Germany before spreading everywhere else in Europe
>Protestants then forever meme about muh work ethics because of a ten years headstart

My country(catholic on your map) has extremely low church attendance and is very secular, most are just baptized because of tradition

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289613000470

No gouvernement openly support any religion, but are you seriously telling me Italy, Spain, Ireland or Portugal aren't religious countries? Even in countries where the influence of the Church is low, the culture is still deeply catholic.

And those countries are the poor ones. Or at least not quite at the wealth level that people start abandoning ideas of God for their own self interest.

>have to purchase it to be able to scrutinise it
no thanks, is it peer-reviewed? Has it been cited much? What is its p-value? Are there traces of p-hacking? I don't know.

French, right?

Belgium

>Implying you're even going to read it soyboy

lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/were-the-victorians-smarter-than-us.pdf

This seems like an extension of that 'the removal of natural pressures causes people to become dumb' rhethoric so really the brits are then responsible for dumbing down the world by closing the malthusian trap if you follow that line if thought, the reality is that things like this are very difficult to measure.

No. Only autistic hypocritical LARPing SSPX faggots believe nonsense like that.

t. actual Catholic who just got back from mass

Yes, the protty are all damned. Convert or burn.

You misunderstood this is not on religious grounds but simply because you back stabbed us 1204, conquered our territories, imposed your rule and undermined us ever since

Pay denbts

Not all orthodox people are Greek

Deism was the true logical end-point of the Protestant Reformation, which was supposed to be about thinking for yourself. Protestants and Catholics are essentially the same thing, differing only in superficial and unimportant ways, despite the fact that they so vehemently oppose each other; they both adhere to ultimately faith-based religious dogmatism, whether you make that consist in scripture alone, or scripture plus tradition. In either case, reason is trodden underfoot.

>Apologize for the reformation protcucks

You're all liars like Jesus said.

youtube.com/watch?v=kk-5EDgKlAQ

>Christianity is just a method of controlling unenlightened idiots as is religion as a whole.
>religion only has power if you let it
>christianity boils down to "do what i say or suffer constant infinite tortue/pain"
>you only go to whatever afterlife you believe in (hint:theirs more than one.)
>why go to an afterlife when you can travel the omniverse and become omnipotent.

I really wish they didn't exist 2bh

Protestants have a good work ethic because God created them to go to heaven and made them good people unlike you.

t. calvinist

>Lost favor due to modernity.
Dude the reformation, even though brought on by legitimate concerns, ended up being a driving force for modernity and it's individualism. For that I apologize.

High IQ, along with it's cultural correlates. North-germanics have pretty much always overperformed, when compared to other peoples, despite relatively low populations.
The reason for that stems from a lower time-preference and higher trust societies.

>Deism was the true logical end-point of the Protestant Reformation
Nope, materialism, rationalism, and nihilism is the logical end-point of deism.
Without being able to relate to the ultimate on a personal level, man can't underatand the transcendent even on a basic level, since we are our rational faculties personalize forces by default due to strong evolutionary, social pressures.

The deistic understanding remains hollow and meaningless, cold like mathematics, it can't inform our moral needs as is necessary to maintaining civilization.

What a sophisticated, enlightened understanding of the most meaninful questions in life.
>I'm a nihilist cuz doing wut I want must be cool
You'll grow out of it tho. If not earlier, then at least on your death-bed, sadly it'll be too late for you by then.

Are you me

>implying that's a good thing

i really don't understand what this graph is trying to say

> Spain
> Strongly catholic

Why dont you close your fucking mouth. You dont have any idea.

wut no
even atheists goes to heaven according to chatolics

>Good work ethics is a bad thing
pay debts, Greece

>implying what Protestants call "good work ethic" isn't actually industrial autism that has enslaved them to endless production even as the economy boils and the environment collapses

not really

>Catholics are commies
And no one was surprised

>implying I'm catholic
>implying I'm a commie
>implying everything I said isn't true

I dunno what you're talking about dude. I go to Europe every summer and almost every catholic mass I go to nearly empty. Mostly just very old people. Here in America, our catholic churches are packed (even in non Hispanic areas).
But I've never been to Poland or Lithuania, which have the highest mass attendance in Europe. However, in the romance countries, catholicism is seen more as a cultural thing. People don't really pray everyday and go to mass every week.
Protestantism I think is dying, but that doesn't mean catholicism is doing well, it's just doing well in comparison.

>But I've never been to Poland or Lithuania, which have the highest mass attendance in Europe.

Why do you still believe this, idiot? Poland and Lithuania are just like the rest of Europe.

>presuming anybody's eternal fate
It's really not my call and it's immoral to presume or despair
>Catholic church pews are still full in Europe & America
That's just not true. Catholicism is doing better than mainstream Protestantism but usually only because of immigrants.
>Protestantism removes most of the fun pagan elements from Christianity
Stop memeing, there are no pagan elements to Catholicism

I personally don't. But as for the official RC opinion you'll probably need to consult the catechism.

>the catechism.

Just as a heads up the Catechism is a general overview and not the entire depth of Catholic doctrine. The Catholic Church teaches us not to presume anybody's final end (whether good or bad) because it isn't up to us whether or not someone is saved or damned. The Church teaches us what to do and what to avoid.

>there are no pagan elements to Catholicism
And a happy Saturnalia to you. You guys put up a Yule tree this year? Tell the kids about leaving a stocking up for Odin?

>Saturnalia was an ancient Roman festival in honour of the god Saturn, held on 17 December of the Julian calendar and later expanded with festivities through to 23 December
Hmm look, not Christmas.
>Yule was an indigenous midwinter festival celebrated by the Germanic peoples. The earliest references to it are in the form of month names, where the Yule-tide period lasts somewhere around two months in length, falling along the end of the modern calendar year between what is now mid-November and early January.
Hmm look, not Christmas (also Christmas trees were invented by 16th century Lutherans)
>Tell the kids about leaving a stocking up for Odin?
What are you even talking about?

It doesn't even matter because all of these things are local folk traditions and aren't essential to Christianity. There are some Christmas traditions that may have been influenced by pre-Christian festivals, but it isn't like general merrymaking is incompatible with Christianity in the first place. Stop memeing