How has your life changed since becoming fit? Let's hear both positives and negatives

How has your life changed since becoming fit? Let's hear both positives and negatives.

Start with what you came from? Skinnyfat, skellymode, fatasfatass?

>see friend who moved away 3 years ago
>duuuude, you got JACKED!

That's about it. My female manager checks me out sometimes but she's a hoe so fuck her.

pros : Slightly less scared of taking my top off around family members.

cons : have to spend 1 hour a day doing boring workout bullshit when i should be enjoying my youth and talking to friends and family.

My shirts became too small around shoulders and arms but I'm too poor to afford new ones so I just got 2 for cheap and rotate between them.
Told that to my mom and she said I just got fat. T-thanks mom.

Gf says she likes the fact I'm more imposing but my arm got too big for her to sleep on it.

Pros are that I feel good about myself and got more self confidence.

Well I haven't made it yet, but I started at fatassfatass (pic related) and i've lost probably 50 pounds of fat, put on 10 in muscle maybe? I stopped working out for a while and I became shy and whatever the fuck else, i've been going strong again for a week and a half straight, eating clean, etc. I feel a lot more energized, people like to comment on me looking a lot better even though the body dysphoria is still there. But i do acknowledge I've gotten better.

You've already heard everything they have to say a thousand times over. It's the same banal shit. Improving yourself is a better way to spend time.

Was awesome this summer when all my mates and our girlfriends went boating, we're all 30 and they've let themselves go. My mates looks of inadequacy and their girlfriends mirin me non-stop made it all worth it

Fairly recent pic of me now, most of the weight i've lost is from my thighs. im 252 as I type this, goal weight of 230, then 215, then sub 200.

You look much better dude
Keep at ti

Thanks based user, I'm doing it

This is what I wanted to do this summer but it never happened.

>2 summers ago I'm too DYEL to get mires although my friends gf would not stop staring at me at a grill out once. She said something about how "toned" I was
>last summer I had surgery and couldn't lift til end of June so nothing there
>this summer everyone was having babies and was too busy and no boating trips happened

I just wanted my starved ego fed a little bit.

Keep going my nigga

Serious answer from a 29 years old guy from a third world country here

pros:
- Men, both older and younger, respect me more after I started to look strong. Strangers will move out of my way in public. At social events, they will always try to befriend me because every man wants to have a big, strong guy as friend. And obviously, less bullshitting from people.
- I feel more comfortable and confident in most situations.
- Mature women ( 30+) give me a lot of compliments and flirt with me often. Im already in a relationship with my highschool gf so I dont flirt back but I believe I can seduce these women easily if Im alone with them.

- I feel relaxed and secured when with my gf. And my gf fears about losing me more than I fear about losing her.

- better health, better sex life.

Cons:
- I got asked to do heavy labor works for free all the time. And I have to prove that I can do all these construction and lumberjack works or my big body will be ridiculed to dead.
- Some skinny kids want to challenge me all the time. I dont fear big guys because most of them are mature and calm. Buy skinny, punny kids are very dangerous, they always want to prove themselves and would pull out a knife without thinking. I always try to avoid these kids as much as possible. I live in a third world country anyway.
- Young women ( mostly under 24) seem to be intimidated. These women are too young to appreciate muscle and physical strength.

positives:

I've lost 20 kg
girls hits on me in the club and disregards my autism
I'm running 21 km

negatives:

I noticed my pants tighten around my thighs
I'm tired all day
I want to eat real food
I actually don't enjoy lifting I prefer to run
I'm still an autistic fuck

Started at 6'2 140lbs 1.5 years ago. Now 6'4 178lbs. I'm still skinny buts its just nice since I kind of look athletic now.

went from 140-190lbs manlet so kinda chubby atm
more confident no fucks with me
girls don't like the chubby so much
on average im doing better at getting laid but not a huge uptick
main problem atm is poorfag
financial gains needed

Where u from that kids carry around knifes?

England

how old?

>Letting DYEL threaten to stab your ass

If he's alone straight up remind him you're about to kill his ass. Remind him that if he manages to get that close to you you'll be fighting for your life and he doesn't want that, remind him even if he does land one stab, one slash if he fucking misses he's a deadman. Look him right in the eyes as you say this you fucker. Don't let fuckers threaten you...tbqh its a 3rd world country so you don't have much to lose anyways

If it's a gun, give them all your money/kebabs because you can't bluff a gun.

I'd like to remind you this is terrible advice and I don't endorse it in any way if ur shit is gonna get kicked in later on or you seriously fear for your life.

started skinnyfat-skeleton. now kinda big after 2 years and people assume I'm on the college's football team.

how did my life change? didn't change at all. i still sit all day at my pc playing wow and league, watching anime, browsing internet. being a KHHV.

There are now three days a week that I feel bad about having the old person stair chair thing removed. Also can't stop feeling my arms.

I lifted for about 3 weeks and met the girl of my dreams

I was already athletic skinny so it made me look a lot stronger than I actually am

Thank you based Jesus

Pros
> Actually starting to get real compliments from grills. Feels good.
> At the stage where I'm big and strong enough that kids at the gym aims for my stats (i'm still dyel as fuck but I look like an easy objective to achieve quickly for a 16yo that knows nothing - I find it really flattering desu).
> Huge boost in confidence and helped me going past the autistic stage to socially normal.
> Actually lost my virginity to a qt after a year of lifting

Cons
> I'm still anxious by how dyel I am and I always aims for the better
> More so than I'm the only guy that lifts in my surroundings so I get the constant thought I have to fulfill every normies' impression of what a guy that lift should be like.
> Friends sometimes jokingly refers to me as a Chad each time I mention my work out or my nutrition (even tough I'm the complete opposite of a Chad).
Bonus
> I have a really low sex drive and I never cared much about sex so I never know how to respond to someone's compliment. I've probably turned off a lot of girls by mentioning relationship doesn't interest me in any way.

>Lost a ton of weight, gained lots of muscle, lifts are great
>Lost 120lbs
>So much loose skin I honestly believe I should have stayed fat
Oh well.

Pros:
Became Chad

Cons:
Had to replace all my clothes

Went from skinny 140 lbs at 5,10 Swimmer mode to 165 5,11 with a lot more muscle in about 9 months.

Older people who have known me for a long time notice and ask if I have been lifting.

Complements from dudes at school asking about my routine and friends talk me up all the time to other people, which is pretty embarrassing imo.

Lifting keeps the self-hatred and depression away.

Negatives:

People make protein shake jokes around me, but I know they mean no harm so I brush it off.

My Father is even more of an angry fat cunt then ever before, which I suspect is in part motivated by Jealousy and fear.

I'm usually a sad cunt when I'm not lifting.

Obligatory >tfw no gf

In terms of personality I'm still a vidya and anime fag and I still read a lot, though I now have an active and burning hatred of Fat acceptance "activists" and their ilk.

moar

Pros
>like , lifting keeps the self-hatred and depression away
>waking up because you want to go to the gym
>higher TDEE
>compliments from strong fuckers at the gym
>some guys complain i am too intimidating
>having people tell me that i am inspiring/motivate them
>see gains and only want to become stronger, leaner, faster, etc

Cons
>jealous fat girls make loud comments about me when i walk by
>people (especially ones who know i also work overtime every week) will say they hate me for how motivated i am. what the fuck.
>other friends ask for workout advice, never follow it, then ask again a few weeks later
>only look good in exercise clothes
>honestly really fucking bummed for a week if i fail to complete an exercise

I was generic skinnyfat before. I used to do cardio with calisthenics, so normies already considered me fit. According to some studies done, the county I live in is 35% obese, so being thin makes you stand out even if you aren't fit.

Mexico?

Other then the US thats the only country I can think of with 35% obesity rate.

what kind of height exercises did you do

I live in Maryland. In the past few years, we have had a lot of Mexicans and Haitians immigrate to the county I live in, so I am sure it is only making our obesity rate worse. There are still tons of fat white people, though.

Here, fat haitian men follow you around the gym and applaud while you lift, and the girls will make fun of you for not being disgusting and fat.

i used to live in rockville , md and nothing u said makes sense. Where tf do u live nigga wheaton?

Obviously it's made me a bit more attractive. Men respect me immediately (in general), even if they're sometimes a little more wary of me as well in social settings. It's increased my confidence and by extension my personality for the better. Lifting also burns extra calories, as well as gives a pleasant mood boost.

I can't think of any major cons. Weightlifting consistently is so easy to do and provides so many life positives that it's kind of confusing to me how there aren't that many people who do it, especially past college. I'll probably be doing it until I'm in my 60's barring any major setbacks.

My family are late bloomers and I turned 18 in may so I'm still growing.

Right on bro!

You gonna fuck her again?

At 18, I was 6' 165lbs, now 185lbs or so.

I have more energy to hop out of bed and go to work.

I eat more

I poop more.

:)

Rockville is a very nice area though and full of rich Chinese people. I used to live in Annapolis which is nice too, and it is nothing like where I live now. I live in Salisbury. There's a reason why I specified county in my first post and didn't just say Maryland is pretty diverse.

pros
>big respect from naturally alpha-like dudes who saw me crawl out of obese fatass hell
>girls give me free stuff (icecream, coffee, pizza, barbells at the gym, etc.)
>people get out of my way and apologize to me a lot, which never used to happen before

cons
>have to deal with bucket crabs in the workplace that don't like people who work on themselves
>lost my social circle at the time because they started treating me like shit for changing
>majority of women interested in me just want to cheat on their partners, some of them lie to me
>poop a lot

>been lifting for 7 months
>started megaskelly mode (5'9, 112 lbs)
>friend the other day asks if I actually go to the gym because I haven't changed
>I've gained 18 lbs

That's alright man keep going, change is slow but you'll get there and it'll be worth it

Went from skinnyfag cross country 160 5'11 manlet to 6' 190 after a year of diet and nutrition.

Am black.

Pros: women make it clear that they are attracted to me. When I see people I haven't seen in a while they usually give a compliment. Not as depressed and autistic. People, especially men, respect me.

Cons: people are visually intimidated because I went from that awkward skinny black guy to a jacked one. People assume I run a 4.2 and can dunk. Still autistic as hell. Women only want to fuck so they can cheat on their husbands, everyone thinks I'm some badass

what kind of dick asks if someone lies about going to the gym

started when I was a autistic 16 year old and noticed big difference about a year in
160 skinny fat at 16 5'9 to 176 otterish at 19 6'0
pros
>girl attention
>normie and chad respect (sort of, only the popular will like you and regular people will still despise you for looking good
>general health and being good at almost any pick up sport
>mired more often by m and f

cons
family always talks shit
expected to do things for others just because your big
autists act annoying to you
amount of food being eaten and wanting greasy food
singled out as muscular guy by many people

all things considered its sort of a good life in uni

The average 1st year lifter can gain about 2 ilbs of muscle per month for the first year, depending on size when starting. Anything over is most likely fat.

So for seven months, you have hit most likely 2 pounds of muscle a month and half a pound of fat.

You are hitting the upper limits of natty gains growth in a year, that is damn good.

You only feel like shit because you realize that it's gonna take time. You let yourself be this way a majority of your life, its gonna take about a year or two to turn it around for good.

pros
>people respect me more
>people think i know what im talking about, even if im spouting bullshit
>general jacked/swole comments
>a little more confidence

cons
>bitches will be intimidated unless you go out of your way to show them you're a kind bro
>people telling you to flex and shit
>"how much do you bench dude?!"
>"hey, you probably shouldn't be eating that"

i came from obese to built-fat/husbando mode. i need to cut though cause I don't like being 17%

pros
>am stronger
>am healthier
>look better
>have a constant drive to better myself in one specific area
>am the alpha male in my apartment because I'm now the biggest and the smartest

cons
>have to devote large portions of day to eating (permabulking former skele)
>get depressed if I have a bad day at the gym
>lost focus on school

nothing has changed with women

Pros:
Not fat fuck
Gf isn't conflicted about our relationship (in love but I looked like a slug). In fact every aspect is great now
Enjoying a hobby
Complimented more in the last two months than I was the entirety of high school

Cons
Gf now mildly worried about girls hitting on me, though this is hardly an issue as it doesn't affect our relationship. Might even give her some pride
Sometimes I'm sore and worried that I'll give myself permanent issues (grandpa knee pain etc)
I will never do a 20 year bulk again

you got these 2 backwards

t. neckbeard.

people dont talk like this irl lol, it's better for him to just ignore the manlets. your whole post was cringe.

Started from auschwitzmode, i'm probably still dyel by Veeky Forums standards but i've gained 30lbs of upper body muscle and it's a world of difference from where i was a year ago.

Pros:
>like seeing my reflection, think "damn i look good"
>facial aesthetic gains, look better than ever
>perfect skin
>lift shit easily
>look forward to taking my clothes off in front of people now
Cons:
>girls stopped approaching me (guess i'm too intimidating now)
>hairline got the mature male shape (i'm 21), had to re-learn all my styles
>wide hips so sometimes feels bad i'll never be perfect
>hands and neck are thick and meaty now so sometimes i feel like a neanderthal
>went from shitting once a week to once a day

I'm no less of a melancholic, antisocial son of a bitch though.
All the "lifting cures autism" or "lifting cures depression" stuff is bullshit. In my case at least.

> find literally 10/10 gf, she dumped me later but sex was ok and we still fuck sometimes
> left friendzone I was inhabitating for 5 years

good on ya bro

I've dropped almost 80lbs as of this morning, and I still have trouble putting how I feel into words.

Physically I'm better than I've ever been in my entire life. I woke up this morning and put on an XL shirt before heading to work. Now to some of you that may not sound like an accomplishment, but to me it's mind boggling.
Seeing as how I've worn a XXL since 7th grade.

I look so much better now, with clothes on and off. But does that really make me happy? You bet your ass it does. As a manic depressive, I have to say that the last few months have been life changing. By saying this I don't mean that I feel a little better about myself, or even that I my recent break up doesn't bother me that much.

I mean that for the first time in my life since about 13. I haven't woken up in the morning and thought about blowing my brains out. Or looking in the mirror and crying until I couldn't stand to be awake.

I have a new lease on life Veeky Forums, and a big part of it is because of some of you. From the deepest part of my heart Id like to thank all of you.

Were all gonna make it.

If i saw you in public I could call you my nigga right, cause were fit bros now?

Inspiring, my man. Keep it up

Holy shit man. No joke, you look awesome. Keep up the good work.

Dude. I carried a knife since I was in 8th grade. I'm in the US.

>>went from shitting once a week to once a day
how is that a con?

Always been skinnyfat and unathletic, job has a lot of sitting at a desk. Hit mid 30s and started to middle aged spread. Fixed diet up a bit and started lifting, fairly lazily to be honest, regularly miss days or even weeks because of work so spend a lot of time maintaining rather than growing, but this is fine, I just want to not turn into fat 40 year old.

Results not far off ottermode but need more upper body, improved social confidence, generally stronger, look alright in fitted clothes and shirt off, much better posture, feel better from better diet, lost 4 inches on waist, gained couple of inches on chest, put on about a stone in weight (so body recomp entirely possible but slow process, at least it is when you're 40), get hit on more often by girls, get hit on a lot more often by gays, numerous friends ask for advice on how they can get in better shape.

Would like to find more time and focus to hit full otter, but happy all round and in a phase of eating and lifting regular and liking how it feels.

Thanks man, I was thinking about eating some fatty shit but posts like these make me stay on track.

I was always a active kid, had a nice body/mindset played sports, found alcohol at 18 and put on like 40kgs in 2 years.

At my worst I was 145kgs at 6"4 which makes me cringe to this day, cause nobody around me had the nuts to say I'd gotten fatter. That was 3 years ago, I've lost 25kgs, I'm down to 120kgs (A bit of muscle from weights kickboxing/rugby) so my goal is to get to 100-108ish kgs of fairly lean bulk.

My reason is because I want to dress nicely, and being 6"4 I've always had an awkward body shape (with a super long torso) which makes me have massive lovehandles that stand out. If I could lower bf% enough to look proportionate I would be so much happier than I already am.

I was never an athletic kid, not a huge fatass either, I would say skinnyfat with a bit of an emphasis on fat. Drank heavily from age 16 to 24, terrible mindset about pretty much everything.

At 24 I first started to get my shit together in general terms, starting a serious education and actual work.

At 29 I thought if I was ever going to be in shape in my life now was about the last possible moment to get started with it. Did mainly powerlifting and some cardio 3-5 times a week from then on, eating mostly healthy and have been doing it for almost 6 years now.

I will probably never reach ottermode since I´m not really into that, but I´m built like a real actual man now, no belly, strong back and legs. Pecs, arms, shoulders not yet where I want them to be but not pathetic either.

Pros:
• Huge help in terms of mindset, setting goals and sticking to them
• Feeling of confidence in many ways
• Ability to perform physical tasks that any grown man should be able to perform
• Married and faithful, but sometimes see in women´s eyes that they wouldn´t mind getting the d

Cons:
• Sometimes going to the gym sucks. But not really. If I miss a week, which happens from time to time when the workload gets too big, I feel like an absolute sack of shit and can´t wait to go train.

>be me
>lifting 8 months
>fuck up calorie calculator
>try to bulk on 400 kcal deficit
>make nooby gains
>don't go to party's
>don't drink
>sit at macdonalds while friends enjoy high bp
>sleep at 10 ,so never really tired.
>confidence boost but still autist
Happy but lonely

When Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums meet

Started uber skelly mode. 57kg at 171cm(5"7 I think). Now at athletic 60~61kg. Did a fuckton of Muay Thai and Tennis so no huge muscle gains. Thinking of going full Athlete modes and give up Aesthetics cos I love sports as much as lifting. Bruce Lee mode possible?

Pros
Stronger
Clothes fit better
More athletic
Keeps self hatred away
More confident
Occasional compliments. Had zero before so not too bad.

Cons
Still skinny as shit. DYEL af.
Autism not cured.
People rarely notice my athletic gains.
Feel like I'm doing too much shit. Can't focus.
No mires from grills.

Well I'm not fit yet but I'm getting there, so
>started as a 6'5, 190kg(420lbs) planet
>now back down to 160kg (352lbs)
>changes that I've noticed are mostly how much easier day to day activities are and how I don't get tired nearly as fast.
>also now not on anti-depressants
>actually enjoying physical activity now, mostly gym and boxing
No downside yet. FeelsGoodMan

you look like a fun dude

UNSOLICITED ADVICE BELOW:
If you're looking for more social interaction, try auditing a class at a local community college. It's free, and you can meet people who like what you like. You could also just pay out of pocket for it, but try the audit thing first.

Either way, when you go, show up 15 minutes early every day. Talk to the people who get there early. Talk to the people who get their after you. Eventually, you'll start to make friends with your classmates. Invite one out to the bar just to play pool or darts or bullshit and drink. This is an easy way to make new guy friends, and break into a new social group. They don't have to be your main friends or anything, but you're expanding your connections now. Repeat.

Fuck yea

impressive

I thought of one more con:
• Now that getting fit has changed everything in my life for the better I deeply regret that I didn´t get into lifting 10 or 15 years earlier. So much pain, suffering and sad, lonely wanking could have been avoided.

Cut down on the Ego a tad is my advice. Good on yer for improving physically, however.

I was very fit and weighed around 75 kgs(no muscle though) at 183 cm when I was 15-18. I then got an injury in my back/shoulder that put me on heavy pain meds like morphine and methadone. for 4 years I was in a constant fog of pain and medicine. I crambled up to 95 kilos and my life was a misery. I met a physioterapeut a year ago by accident(had tried everything at that point). She found out how to help me and I am now free of medicine though I still have pain but went from 9/10 to maybe 3-4/10.

I weigh 82 kilos now and look pretty decent but I still have a lot to work on. I work a lot on squats and DLs because it strenghten my core/helps me with my core/bad back

pros:
>girls are pretty easy to score because of my looks
>my friends GF's always wants to grab my ass/touch me for inappropiate amount of time
>My confidence has skyrocketed because I know how fucked my life was before so IDGAF
>my ass looks juicy as fuark and I like that

cons:
> people always ask you how to loose weight and don't want to hear it when I open my mouth
>I can't drink for shit so I just stopped
> my friends always try to ridicule me working out
> girls just wants to fugg and I really just want a qt 3.14 gf again

>poop a lot
there's nothing like a good shit user, embrace it m8

Lifting for 4 years, a couple of fuckups along the way. Lift are mediocre.

Pros:
> Think better, rest better. Mostly sleep better
> No problems with blood pressure (bp problems motivated me to lift in the first place)
> I feel like a badass and that nothing is insurmountable as long as I'm willing to sacrafice some time
> No longer have to care about food that much - everything is planned and prepped
> Get mired and groped by female friends a bit
> Objectively look better (hasn't translated into getting girls or better unfortunately)

Cons:
> My arms get "sleepy" more often
> Every year I sweat more
> I think high protein diet triggered IBS
> I think my joints (hip, knee) are taking some punishment
> 8hrs per week "lost"
> Less money because I'm spending it on supplements and equipment
> I look at half naked guys more
> Subjectively feel that I look worse and worse and I'm more critical w.r.t my looks the longer I train

That's about it.

Went from 6'1 135 to 160 lb in about 6 months
Pros
>got a bit stronger
>shirts feel tighter, a nice change from having small shirts be baggy
Cons
>still look and feel exactly the same
>get some back pain when doing squats

I'm sure it'll get better, judging by this thread

Good job Dindu

I mean that

This.

I'm still skelly, but I've gained 15kg and it's only been the last few months where the weight has piled on and I've filled out. I've been lifting for three years.

Gotta eat big to get big, and the worst thing about us skellys is that we never eat big. Keep at it bro!

Wtf im 6'4" 192lbs, I have low bf and i look worse than you, can't get past 70lbs curls. You're bulshitting

whats with the pic? are u runnin from cops?

skellymode, benefits on self confidence are quite amazing, negatives i just can't see them

gjdm

I'm going to be having a desk job starting next year. Do you have any tips on keeping your hips flexible and just tips in general?

Pros: face slimmed down, shirts fit tighter, feel better about looking at myself in the mirror, working in a warehouse is a lot easier. Gf Always dtf when we hang out

Cons: Browse Veeky Forums far too much, self hatred will probably always be my motivation, get tired at like 9:30pm

Overall it's pretty good. My schedule is just super busy right now trying to take on a shit ton of overtime, working out, and drawing as much as I can to achieve my dreams in life.

My social life has suffered though, starting to lose some friends.

Your skin got better? I have really bad skin and hopefully lifting more will help fix it.

that girl man, damn.

>people get out of my way and apologize to me a lot, which never used to happen before

Noticed this happened to me too. Don't really know why.

Drinking more water and eating healthier will.

70lb single DB curls are really good senpai.

>Every year I sweat more
Jfc I thought I was the only one. I sweat so fucking much five minutes after I leave the door, even when it's like 20 degrees C. After about ten minutes, my back is just drenched in sweat.

Started from
>4/5 years ago
>skinnyfat manlet
>don't make many guy friends because height and weight difference
>mostly female friends with few slays

Now
>got more slays but now in relationship (bretty guddd)
>Guys now want to be friendly to me although I am not used to it and still keep my distance
>seem to have a natural respect from most men I meet
>last week I was told someone said to them "i didn't realize how *hulk pose* he was" in reference to me after I left
>According to my gf girls eyeball me all day every day.. don't believe it's that bad but I do see it sometimes which didn't happen before
>more productive because all the stimulants and hormones I take make me concentrate better
>people assume I am good at DIY and keep asking me to help or if I know anyone with spare wood I can get for free (3 times in same year wtf)
>still a manlet and it destroys my soul every day on the inside

>be ottermode, 18
>only run and do some bodyweight shit
>6'0" 155 lbs
>had multiple fwb, got laid plenty

>now 24, builtfat
>powerlifting kinda shit
>210 lbs
>gotten tail once this year
Wew lad

Can I leave Skinnyfat just by lifting and eating clean?

Started as a skelly 3 weeks ago, feel fucking great, way happier, still a skelly but great posture, eating way more, right after gym feels amazing. Get positive and we`ll make it boys.

Pros:
>certain shirts complement my arms
>Pants look fit cause quads
>Actually know a bit about nutrition
>Learned to always lift alone anyone else is slowing you down

Cons:
>Fell for dirty bulking meme
>Love handles returned
>Wasted lots of $ buying fit clothes before bulk

- It takes easily hours extra from my day (including cooking)
- nitritious food is expensive here
+instead of being that weird quiet guy now I'm that mysterious quiet man
+my acne is completely gone.

Started out from skellymode 130lbs/6'2" with zero (0) strenght to 205lbs with good build and strenght.

Lifting had a bunch of good impacts on life:
>No more a nervous wreck, no stuttering or feeling inferior next to others
>Manage to be cool around females, talk to them like any other person
>Overly confident. Or better: instead of thinking of myself as something better I view most people around me as retards
>More ambitious as ever, huge self dicipline
>Literally any relative I see makes a comment on how big I got in their first sentence of talking to me
>My first aid instructor was mirin as well and had banter with me next to a chick I wanted to pull
>People are more talkaktive and strike up conversations even though you look horribly angry most of the time

Cons:
>Jealous little manlets who try to dominate you