Containment Motivation/Feels/Mental Health Thread V.1

Alright everyone this shit has gotten out of control. This is the new containment thread, before the janitors get there shit together and start deleting everything. Bros have started to complain so here is where everyone comes to feel some and, at the same time, get some motivation. Post some motivational shit, post some inspiring stories, post some sad stories to get inspired by your lifting bros. We're all gonna make it, let's make it together, and if you've already made it then let us all know how your life got the way it is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aUpbe7ysXw8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's my story

>25, 2 bachelor's degrees, applying for nurse anesthesia school right now
>only ever had 2 girlfriends in my life, not into hookup culture
>met last girlffriend at my job while in college
>dated for 3 years, I proposed last December
>our relationship had trouble for at least a few months before I proposed, sex was less satisfying/more problematic, I lived a few towns over while in nursing school and stress levels were high
>I moved in with her after graduating nursing school, lived with her for 4 months, we still had troubles but were still greatly in love and I proposed (1: because I wanted a life with her, 2: because I hoped it would make her happy and get things back to where they were)
>planned the ceremony out, had locations reserved for ceremony, reception, a photographer, DJ etc.
>since proposing last December we tried reading books, going on more dates, not staring at our phones all day when together, and even tried therapy out

cont.
also this photo is worth the read

>in the end we just felt more like roommates and less like lovers.... more like best friends.... >The sex for her hasn't been good for a while and she's getting the wanderlust (she's 27), I fully believe that my feelings towards the relationship are solely due to her lack of feelings in the relationship
>3 weeks ago we called everything off and moved apart (living together since last June), In the span of 2 weeks I lost my best friend, my partner, and all of my future plans went up in flames
>not related but my mom was also diagnosed with breast cancer this year (just finished chemo, lymph nodes were negative so shes doing wonderful, fingers crossed, but she had a double mastectomy and the cancer will always be in the back of all of our minds)
> so this year I have broken up with my 3 year girlfriend/fiance, all of my future plans are gone when it comes to love, don't even know if lasting love truly exists now..., and my mother was diagnosed with cancer
>I've fully gotten back into lifting though, plan on learning piano, am applying to school, and am sitting here drinking an old fashioned and wanting to talk about feels while I write my admissions essay

btw I still dream about her every night and think about her all day.... this is why I've always hated dating guys, it always ends eventually and I always come out on the losing side and miss them endlessly while they don't miss me at all

let's have a late-night chat brothers (sisters too if you're in the mood for some feels/motivation)

Thanks OP, really needed this. Majorly fucked up in my life a while back, spent some time at a mental institution and missed a little time in UNI. I missed working out so much when I was in there, that when I had the opportunity to grab this bright green yoga mat from the community rec, I kept it, and tried to do body weight exercises to coincide with the goals of the routine I was currently on. Also type-1 diabetic, and my blood sugars went out of control due to...running out of room, continue?

do you guys actually get motivated from this shit?
it seems so shallow and feminine to me when ppl get motivated from stupid pictures

1: Mental disorder?
2. Control your blood sugars man, this should be a top priority, high blood sugar is like corrosive acid to vessels/arteries, you will die at a very early age if not corrected

please go on, I'll keep posting some motivational photos

you don't need to be alpha hardass all the time, no one is perfectly happy deep down and we all have problems, there's no shame in talking about it with others/motivating each other

and yes, these photos/quotes have always helped me

This photo meanto a lot to me

the last sentence is pretty damn depressing. life doesnt stop at age 35 (unless you get hit by a car or something and die anyway)

>don't even know if lasting love truly exists now
It doesn't. It never did. Marriage doesn't work because women have zero accountability, and face zero social or legal pressure to remain faithful; for fuck's sake there's no shame in being a single mom anymore, every time some sociopathic cunt goes on some narcissistic rant on facebook about how even though she comes with tons of issues, baggage, another man's kids, a ruined pussy, and a swiftly deteriorating body, she's still entitled to an Adonis doctor with a 12 inch cock, and if you don't agree you're not a "real man" she gets tons of upvotes from her fellow hens and thirsty betas.

Are women bad people? Are they the enemy? Well, no, but the system is stacked in their favor and at the end of the day we're just animals, and with no unifying sense of morality or values in western society, there's nothing to give meaning or duty to something like marriage.

>btw I still dream about her every night and think about her all day
Best way to get over one woman is to get inside another.

You're suffering from the oneitis, user. Rest assured there is no "one." There's nothing special about this girl, or any other, for that matter. Look at this as an opportunity to go to new places, meet new women, and fuck them in new ways.

Have you traveled? Cross an ocean, user, get some perspective. Focus on yourself for the next ten years, and then when you're 35 marry an 18/19 year old.

I don't think he means it stops at 35. I think he just means during your 20s and 30s you're at your prime so stop worrying about stupid shit and just better yourself/do what you want

>there's no shame in being a single mom anymore
don't necessarily agree but on this not I saw a statistic the other day that over 75% of African American children live in a fatherless home, plain sad

>best way to get over one woman is to get inside another
don't disagree, but like I stated I don't really believe in one-night-stands, I don't even want to sleep with a girl if I don't see a future with her....maybe that's a bad thing?

>have you traveled>
starting that now actually, I'm going to visit my sister (another CRNA) in North Carolina this fall. I want to maybe check out Banff, Canada as well next spring/summer, but want to see my native Texas some more this upcoming year as I only work 3 12-hour shift a week and have 4 days off.

This is the photo I meant

god damn, I had the chance with a girl with equal looks.
We were dating for a few months, fucked a lot, drop dead in love.

Woke up one day, had crippling depression, she showed support but I neglected it. Came home one day a few months later, we'd had a fight. Thought it was alright, bought some flowers.

Apparently our fight brought up feelings from her ex, completely shut her down, she blocked me everywhere. Haven't talked since.

It's more complicated than this but can't be assed to write it all out..

>there's nothing to give meaning or duty to something like marriage
to you, maybe. Thank god it's not compulsory anymore, so you can decide whether you want to marry or not. I think it is no more than a lifelong commitment to another person. Why not? The idea that it is Only based on love is retarded.

nursebro/OP here, I'll be up for another hour or so, if you'd like to type it out, I'd like to listen. My life has been great up until this last year then it went to shit in every aspect but educationally. Left turns in life are hard and we're here to listen, try to post a photo that motivates you... doesn't matter what it is... I know you have one on your phone/computer

shit thread faggot

>tfw pussy bitches getting feels and depression from girls/relationships which can be replaced
>tfw my depression and feels come from physical injuries which inhibit my ability to live life the way I want to, making everything unenjoyable

Fuck this isn't fair. I'll trade you cunts my torn bicep for your little "my girlfriend and I broke up" babby tier shit.

How'd you tear it? Also I can say the same thing about you, have you ever been engaged? Didn't think so, bicep tears heal in time as well, stop being a bitch and get it fixed then go do you PT

I don't really have motivational pictures, I mostly have motivational music. Which is mostly dubstep etc.
I have a tendency to play "airpiano" so a song that works good with a good flow in the fingers often makes my hands, forearms, shoulders and chest tingle and it feels like an electric buzz that just wants to get out. Sounds kind of lame but it can get me to do everything from those last 4 reps on the next set to like cleaning the entire house.

The story about the girl though, just think about every aspect you want a girl to have + the looks, the sexual chemistry, the similar humour, the will to learn my interests and showing that she wanted me to learn hers. All the material you see in a girl that you want to share your life with, you know?

She didn't care that I'd been with a lot of chicks, she didn't care that I had a sexual need to cope with anxiety. She found a way to even dissipate it all, making me need sex less but wanting her more. If it even makes sense

we laughed, we kissed, we saw, we travelled. In like 8 months I travelled more than I had done during my entire life.
We didn't go outside of Sweden, but we just went around, saw new towns, grabbed our bikes some days, took the car others. We used to pop the trunk and just lay down with the rain hailing down on the trunk, watching it fall down, holding each other.

Then we had the fight, it was so ridiculous, I was jealous about some guy at her job. He looked good, better than me, according to me. My friends said "bruh, you're a fucking god compared to him" but my self-esteem didn't agree
I was grumpy forever, then everything just crashed down, they had gone for dinner. Like a simple lunchdate, work related.
Sitting here now I know ALL of this, but at that moment it felt like so much else. He had sent a heart in a text and she told him off, ignored the next heart etc.
But all I focused on was that this faggot ass cunt got away with doing it. Like it even mattered.

The Story of Ella, worth the read

lunch dates are weird, if it's with a mutual friend I say they're OK, if it's with a guy from work that you don't know? that's over the line, she should have asked your opinion first before doing it. Would you have gone to lunch with an attractive female coworker that your gf didn't know personally? Even if it was work related, if it was one-on-one then you should have been invited and it shouldn't have been a problem. Also the heart text is also way too far, if she got mad at him then you should have dropped it... but that would definitely cause some overall distrust in a relationship that shouldn't be there.

cont.
So I went home to my roomie, hadn't been there for weeks, didn't even remember I lived with him until I walked inside the door.

Didn't answer her texts, she didn't even know where I was. I just let it be that way for like 2.5 days.
After work I felt like I had to fix this shit, so I went over there, talked to her, we sorted things out. But I was still acting like a big cock, like I knew that a grave was being dug - by me, for me. But I felt like digging it anyway. So I started bringing all these small things up, like how I got annoyed at how she didn't do the dishes right away but in the evening when I wanted to sleep. Asked her why she started coming home so late the last couple of weeks, although I knew she hungout with her friend, because a lot of the time I had hung out with them together and gone home earlier. All these silly ass jealousy bullshit things.

We had another fight shortly after, can't even remember about what, but I had taken a plate and smashed against the wall for effect. Like the big cunt that I am, she got a panic attack because she thought I was going to grab her and beat the shit out of her like her ex did.
I stormed out, came back the next day with the flowers, talked a little, said I was sorry. Not sure wtf is wrong with me anymore.
I left to sleep at home, tried to text her in the morning "message not delivered" tried to call her, straight to voicemail. Went to send a message on fb, profile gone.

All my friends still have her added so I figured I'd just fuck off, because I know I fucked up so bad and I'm taking it like a man, but god damn does it hurt knowing I had the one thing I've needed since I was bullied, I knew she was the one I would fight for until my bone was showing and my veins drained.

But when I start feeling happiness, my brain is programmed to believe I don't deserve it, so I destroy the joy I have managed to create with someone.

I've literally been trying to get it fixed for the past year. Tore it with a curl, working set weight at fatigue.

The point is. You get emotionally depressed over something that does not stay with you forever. Someone that you VOLUNTARILY brought into your life. And now you feel bad because it's not there anymore? That's pussy. You move on, your problem has no effect on how you live your life.

Me? This shit stays with me forever, and was unintentional. It will never be as good as it once was. Even if I get surgery, it would have been better had it never happened. I experience discomfort literally 24/7. My arm snaps every 5 minutes loud as fuck when I supinate. I can't reach behind my back properly. I hesitate lifting objects because I know I have to do it an exact way or it'll hurt. My arm a mild burning sensation as I write this now. To top it all off there's an actual physical deformity.

Plus the recovery time on this surgery is probably around 6 months for "full" recovery.

I dunno m8. I think everyone would take a girlfriend problem over mine.

The OP can sucks my big dick. You've gone on this huge fucking crusade to change Veeky Forums into your reddit little corner and I won't fucking have it. You're like those prohibition sluts that voted to ban booze as soon as you got the right to vote. Kill yourself op; you are reddit, but I am memes

I can agree with you. But I still went over the line and I mean, they've been coworkers since forever, the only difference from before is that they didn't work on the same project basically.

>worth a read

these people could actually go and get therapy and self-help in the time taken to read that shit

Honestly, you need to grow up. In the end of that whole situation you acted like a child, and she treated you like one and moved on. You know you shouldn't have done the things you did, instead you could have talked about it like a rational adult and either accepted what was happening, or you could have taken a break from the relationship and re-centered. Not trying to be mean, but you need to find yourself first and maybe being single for a while will help you.

Also, on the dish thing, just a pro-tip, when I was in therapy with my fiance my therapist stated little annoyances like doing the dishes late like this, she said all of those annoyances are like little mounds of dirt that most couples bypass and just sweep under a rug. The problem is, over time all of those annoyance/dirt mounds build up, and eventually get big enough where they all come out from under that rug at once and each partner just bombs them at some point in order to really hurt the other person (on purpose). That's a low blow and it's best to write these little things out, together but separately, then trade notes and see each other's little annoyances.

have you gotten if fixed? have you completed physical therapy? I have torn both rotator cuffs while in high school football, I couldn't sleep a full night for months due to not being able to lay down without my arms straight at my sides. Medicine/Physical Therapy can fix almost anything these days, and a torn bicep tendon is fairly easy to attach and if you haven't gotten it fixed yet then it's your own fault. Put all of that motivation towards lifting into getting that bicep working again, get it fixed, do your exercises, rebuild. Your own problems aren't worse than ours just because you're the one experiencing them.

>You get emotionally depressed over something that does not stay with you forever. Someone that you VOLUNTARILY brought into your life

Yes, that's the point. I opened up to someone VOLUNTARILY. When is the last time you did that and found someone to complement you perfectly? Also, some people find a significant other that never leaves their side... someone who does stay with them forever. Isn't that better than lifting for muscle that will start declining at the ages of 35-40 regardless of what you do?

youtube.com/watch?v=aUpbe7ysXw8

I've actually only gone to reddit once. The downvote/upvote system pissed me off immediately because it discourages free speech/thought.

You are right, I acted like a child
This was like 2 years ago though, so I've been to therapy and the statement ""But when I start feeling happiness, my brain is programmed to believe I don't deserve it, so I destroy the joy I have managed to create with someone." is what my therapist told me, I've worked on it quite a bit.

I acted out and did childish things, she may have moved on. But so did I up until I saw the picture of that girl.
It doesn't completely smash my feelings anymore, but it did for a long time.

We've had these weird, childish, ways of transferring messages to each other through friends in the past. Like a year after it happened.
We're both cool with each other but it's not like we're gonna sit down and grab a coffee, which I'm totally fine with.
She taught me not to base my entire individual human value on sex, our break up, with its abrupt ending taught me that everything isn't always a 5 month downward spiral of fighting, crying and surpressed anger just exploding every week.

I apparently taught her that just because you let your jealousy control you, you aren't a bad person. Which she bases on what my friends told her about how I am today.

I was never humble with her, couldn't admit when I was wrong etc.
But I never had to be, up until that point, and it just took one fight with unproportionate actions to break it all. Was always used to being able to sweet talk any girl ever with just enough time on the phone.

Now I just don't get myself in the position where I am a bad guy and need to become the good in a woman's eyes, I just strive towards being the best version of me, if someone likes it they do. If not, they don't.

good lesson there man, keep up with the positive thinking... even if you don't believe it right now. Here are some positive videos for you guys.

> youtube.com/watch?v=xLN4OHxfbGQ (Mathias Steiner)
> youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M (Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot)
> youtube.com/watch?v=K75w6p7cKB8 (Let Us All Unite!)
> youtube.com/watch?v=U-zZO1Qwa8E (Veruses 2nd Place)
> youtube.com/watch?v=Tl_1wh1obyM (Veruses Momentum)
> youtube.com/watch?v=7Dic4zQu1Xk (Just The Two Of Us)
> youtube.com/watch?v=5YsGJz3j4os (The God)
> youtube.com/watch?v=0yetHqWODp0 (Life=Risk--Motivation)
> youtube.com/watch?v=Sk56VxaeqEQ (Success Speech)
> youtube.com/watch?v=rUu2nqe-D30 (The Schwarzenegger Inception)
> youtube.com/watch?v=LuJ4hbkLiY0 (Life's 6 Rules)

Why post things that aren't even remotely correct

>don't disagree, but like I stated I don't really believe in one-night-stands, I don't even want to sleep with a girl if I don't see a future with her....maybe that's a bad thing?

Yeah user, that a fucking bad Thing!
You dont have to see a future to in the end have one with the one you sleep. At the Moment you may thing that this will only be a ONS. But afterwards you may want to marry this Girl... well she must be pretty and have a nice Body!
The only reason you dont see a future with a Girl is because she is fat or ugly!
So start to flirt with pretty Girls and fuck till you find the one you f... cuck

I guess you can translate this as 'A good woman needs to be earned'
but she doesn't seem like a good woman to me