The original starting strength does not contain any exercises that hit the biceps, rotator cuff, or posterior delts

The original starting strength does not contain any exercises that hit the biceps, rotator cuff, or posterior delts.

Adding chins/rows would solve this problem, but the standard version of SS does not include these exercises.

What's the explanation for this inadequacy?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/equipment/id/2/equipment/barbell
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SS has chinups and dips.

Except SS has chinups, dips, and power cleans built in, and Rippetoe tells you to add in accessories once you're no longer a true novice.

It's a shit program written by a morbidly obese weakling to scam people

and curls for that matter.
Rippetoe covers his oversized t-rex ass by telling you to add those "as necessary".

basically don't do SS.

Doesnt matter, SS has a lot of useful info - especially on form - but is shit in some aspects - especially nutrition.

Add in rows in place of power cleans + dips and chins. It.... It really transforms into SL, but who gives a shit.

If the author of the program himself asked you to add those exercises in then it's still SS you dingus. All these fucking dumbfucks who have probably never read the book thinking SS is literally just 3 exercise a day should STFU

He actually has decent nutrition advice. Basically, whole foods, high protein, caloric surplus. He only throws GOMAD out there as an option for very skinny teenage males.

SS specifically says to add barbell curls if you're bitching about your biceps.

I have read the book, have you? Dyel?

And to whoever wrote that shit about nutrition advice being on point, dafuq are you high on user? Gomad is moronic, and eating 6000 calories a day isnt gonna help your lifts - itll make you fat as fuck.

tfw when my face is world class
>looking too good to lift

GOMAD is fine for a month or six weeks for a 120 lbs 17 year old.

Don't do SS. Do squats, though. It's the most important leg exercise.

Do some more reading. Read everything people say. Read their workout plans. Study how they use different strategies for different goals. Decide what your goals with lifting are. Then, design your own program and your own diet around everything you've learned geared toward your own specific goals.

This is the ONLY right answer. Anyone who takes a program at face value without tweaking it is retarded.

Been doing this minus squats on wednesday cause I fucked up my knees going "heavy" 3 days a week. Am I JUSTing myself?

Yes it does, read the fucking book.

I'd rather be trex mode than fat

Is there a way to use symmetric strength to look at a routine anatomically like that?

iktf

ss doesnt have dips

so as accessories should i stick with dips chins and curls?

GOMAD wasn't invented by Rippetoe. It's been used by lifters to add mass fast since at least the 1950s.

Rippetoe made a shitty simplistic unbalanced program then told his readers to add more exercises as necessary. How the fuck would a beginner know what's necessary? Is this Advanced Strength?

Couldn't go wrong with those three.

By reading the book

but to much volume is bad for beginners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:

hey man, here's my newest program, Starting Shill.

Day A:
- Squats 3x5
Day B:
- Squats 3x5
Day C:
- Squats 3x5

add exercises as necessary from here:
> bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/equipment/id/2/equipment/barbell

don't forget to buy the book, like and subscribe.

When he ripped off the strongest shall survive he never actually thought about it.

are you a pussy?
how bad are you knees?

you didn't fuck up your knees because you went "heavy" 3 days a week retard, you fucked up your knees because you learned how to squat from a 4 minute youtube video made by a roidhead