Depression. Woohoo!

Depression. Woohoo!

Anyone going through that? And not the tumblr self-diagnosed kind, but the real, propperly diagnosed, crippling kind.

I'm almost 25, had it since my teens. Diagnosed when I was 17, cruised along with it for almost half my life.

Nobody in my life knows except for my sister, she found out because I got shitfaced one night and couldn't keep it in me anymore, so I told her. Next day she wanted to talk about it and I told her not to mention in again.

I have great friends, decent family, awesome social standing, I've always been the most popular guy in all the groups I've been in, my own appartment, a decent car, always had the best looking, coolest, smartest girls, my current girlfriend is an objective 9/10. A lot of the prerequisites for a great life.

Most of the days, I can barely force myself to get out of bed. I go to sleep at 6AM, wake up at 2PM and even then, it takes me 1-2 hours to get up for good. Then I spend my time watching youtube shit and reading stuff until 6 AM and go back to sleep.

I eat like shit, mostly 1 ginormous, shitty-macro meal a day and that's usually junk. Which made me baloon up to 250lbs (6'1, so it's not extremely bad but still uncomfortable) over the past 3 years.

4 years ago, my bench/squat/dl were at 285/350/385 for reps and I had a decent frame (was around 190lbs, 15% bf) and I really enjoyed going to the gym, always being there before it even opened and working my ass off before other people even woke up. I know what to do and how to do it.

I just can't bring myself to get out of my house and actually do it. I'm not afraid of social situations, I don't have much social anxiety, if at all.

I get pumped up about going to the gym and getting back in shape and then when the next day comes, I sleep in and when I wake up I get back into the same shitty "Eh, what's the point" mindframe.

Any of you dealing with the same shit? What did you do (or are doing) to overcome it?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/health-26647738
bbc.com/news/health-36247599
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>HEY GUYS EVERYTHING IS PERFECT IN MY LIFE BUT I HAVE DEPRESSION HOW TO OVERCOME XD XD XD
What do you ask for ?
Use your medicines and thats it,everything is going well in your life.
There is nothing to say faggot .

This, explains how i over came my depression mind set. I have delt with depression since my early teens and adolescent years.

What you need to look to try and change, is what you classify as a "miracle" un life . You might not see the things around us that are amazing and the questions they come with and the satisfaction of figuring those answers out for yourself can't be matched by any drug or thing you can buy with money.

Fucking this.

Try living with an alcoholic single mother all your life.
Watching her boyfriend beat the shit out of her infront of me many times.
Watching as the alcoholism consumed her.

Fucking hate normal fags who think their life is hard because they have depression.
>"MY LIFE IS PERFECT, BUT I HAVE DEPRESSION WAHH WAHH I HAVE IT SO HARD" :^^(((

fuck you OP

Talking therapy with a clinical psychologist plus SSRIs.

Getting a correct diagnosis is important so you can get the right help. At first, my GP only diagnosed me with anxiety and depression. I spent about 5 years still living in a rut and not improving. Then, shit got really bad and I wound up in a mental ward where a different psych diagnosed me also with BPD. Since then, I've had effective therapy and my life has improved so much. It's not the greatest yet, but now I can hold down a job, support myself, study, pay for a trainer and socialize.
I still have shit days and periods where I can't get out of bed, but they're less and less.
The best advice I can give you is to fight it. Really really fight the depression. Do things even when you don't want to and don't see the point. That might sound useless, but that's how you can fight it. Don't give in to hopelessness and be kind to yourself. Educate yourself on your condition. Get help from a clin psych, and above all, keep fighting.

Good luck.

No, fuck you.
Suffering isn't a contest and you don't get to dismiss someone else's pain just because your life is fucked. Gtfo with your weak shit.

Deal

You'll never be fully free of depression.
It's part of who you are.

I don't even think you know what it's like to live without it or have a concept of your own life without that constant feeling of low mood or dread for when that low mood will come.

Do you?

That's how it is for us. You learn to live with it.

I believe that my happiness only exists so that it can be taken away.

Sort of like how they give crims in jail tv so that they can take it away as punishment or threaten to to gain compliance.

He thinks he has it hard just because of a little depression.
I made it despite years of neglect.
And this bitch is sitting here crying because he got a little fat.

>"B-BUT DONT D-DISMISS SOMEONE ELSES PAIN
Shut you weak faggot

Your story is pretty damn similar to mine, user.

I would say what has helped me is having multiple hobbies. I train for weightlifting (Snatch & Clean and Jerk) so I have to focus a lot on training. O-lifting also got me into yoga and bodyweight stuff like human flags, handstand push ups, splits, etc. I cook and bake a lot and try to make new things outside of my skill level frequently. All of these things give me distractions and fulfillment that helps me to regulate my depression. Some days I wake up and feel like I can't cook to save my life so I'll practice on my technique for WL instead. I know it isn't the best advice but this has helped me out the most than anything else in my life so far. Also since you're 25 like me if you haven't before go and see a counselor or therapist. Probably the best thing I ever did even though I was sure it wouldn't help at all.

>le depression meme

go on war with isis.
see a worse life.
youll be healed pretty fast

Nah man, I'd rather live with a dead mother, dying stepmother and a neglecting father :) Thanks for the imput though.

self medicate with cocaine like I do.

I was depressed once.
Tried to escape everything by fucking girls and generally being a gigantic asshole and not going to university.

The last girl I met was actually really interesting, but I still acted like a fucking idiot for a while. She put some sense into me and I shook the depression off.

Started lifting, acing university and becoming happier and less asshole-ish.

Ohh, boo. You gonna act like your petty shit was worse than anyone elses? I could write a book on my experiences with growing up. But that doesn't mean i experience the stresses the same way as the next. So someone may be more susceptible to a certain stressful situations than another. But depression is nonetheless, the same across the board. It is a normal human mental growth pattern. Its how we can come to terms with ourselves as long as you nake it through to the end. The problem now is we push all kinds of pills to prevent these thoughts processes and we end up stunting our oun mental growth by not wanting to learn to cope with the stresses presented to us. So pills prevent you from getting better, they just put a bandaid over the bullethole and call you good cuz they can't see the problem anymore and you're all high and can't tell the difference.

> I've always been the most popular guy in all the groups I've been in

Really? I'm surprised that anyone would like a person who is such a massive faggot

But what if there is no problem ?
OP's problem is hormon imbalances in his brain,nothing else because everything is good in his life.
Only thing can fix him is medicines.

Well, that's stupid.

You see happiness, despite what children will tell you, is not something you are supposed to feel all of the time.

It's not the basic state of all humanity.

It is an emotional state that you attain or simply get at certain times, then it's over. The notion that we should feel one certain emtion all of the time is fucking stupid and immature.

Humanity once sought peace and contentment. It's something you should look for.

You'll feel better once you realize that all emotions are as valid as any other and as long as you can look in your self and feel at peace with what you are feeling then you'll be able to live a more content life.

No, its a "NATURAL" human mental response to an every changing world and life. Depression is a term we use to describe this part of life. Everyone has depression in some degree. The best thing to do is to allow yourself to come to terms with yourself. If you can't do this you'll be stuck on the drugs for life. Then if you ever decide to get off them or forget a couple days it can really thorw you down even further into a depression than no amount if pills will help. We are designed to adapt to stresses, if we prevent a natural response to the stress then when we no longer have that crutch we are not able to deal with the stress and ultimately make permanent decisions based on temporary thoughts/feelings.

You are wrong

t. neuroscientist

Try Monster Energy Ultra Zero

The question is why ?
Why he is in depression ? Why he is in stress ? While everything is going pretty well in his life.
He cant fix that shit because there is nothing to better in his life.

>But muh suffering is more than yours so you're a weak faggot.

Also not how that works

Really? So you're telling me, we don't learn to adapt to external stresses? That We don't mentally and culturally evolve? You're trying to say humans haven't had bouts with depression throughout history? Ever hear of the dark ages?

I have very bad Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder. Every antidepressant that I've tried has made the symptoms worse, and the only thing that truly helps a little are weed and Concerta. Concerta helps me not feel mentally exhausted for a time, and weed provides acute depression relief. I thank both for keeping me alive and not entirely crippled, but I'm almost out of weed and honestly that prospect terrifies me. I won't be able to get a medical card for my uni state for at least a few weeks so I am frightened.

I don't know how to make it better. Both these things are a crutch tk help me hobble along. I think that's the best I'm going to get though, so I'm trying to be happy with it. I hate living though. For once I want to not dread life and the day ahead. I want to just be normal.

>sleep until 2pm

Get a job?

Just because it seems like its going "well" from your perspective. He is still under stresses. These stresses build up over time and we learn to cope with most basic nuances. But, every now and again the stress just kind build up faster than you can cope, which your brain goes into this "depression" mode where things seem to kind of not matter and you just can understand why you even should care. So that right there can put you into a depression state of mind untill you come to terms with life around yourself. Just cuz its doesn't sound stressfull, doesn't meant it can't cause stress to the brain.

Think of it this way: People are born with imperfect bodies. Myriad genetic diseases. Some born without certain bodyparts at all.

Why are you so certain that everyone is born with a perfectly functioning brain? Especially given it's complexity?

I've been depressed for 10 years.

Until I started taking magic mushrooms once every 3-6 months.

I haven't been depressed since.

Look into all the shit you gotta do to take psychedelics safely, and you'll be set.

Fun fact, the more depressing/bad my trip was, the more content I feel and for longer after it's done.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying you're not describing a clinical major depressive episode.

Depression has an evolutionary role, true (I've read the book, most people who struggle with depression should). That does not mean there is no problem with certain people's brains at the molecular level that predisposes them to depressive episodes.

Get a therapist/psychologist. Get a better psychiatrist. If you actually are resistant, get electroshock-therapy.

tbqh OP doesn't sound like he has MDD or is in a depressive episode. I get the feeling he just needs some therapy and maybe some pills (not SSRIs)

This does hold true in some anecdotal cases, and there is some research I think ongoing in that direction. However, I'd advise serious caution as it could make the depression worse or induce psychotic depression.

Bipolar reporting in. Diagnosed and confirmed so I know what depression is like OP, it is real and it hits hard.

It doesn't matter if you have a 9/10 GF, money, apartment or own everything you could ever need. When real depression gets comfy it will kick you in the balls.

When I am depressed I keep healthy routines and structure. No matter how shitty I feel I will continue to go to gym, continue to eat right, keep my sleeping patterns as efficient as I can. It's easy to say it than it is to actually do it. But life is pretty funny OP, when I am down with my bipolar depression I always laugh, why?

Because fuck depression and fuck it trying to make me feel bad. You get one life and you can't do shit about the sustainability to depression, I use my low periods to build my character ready for when I come back up to normality. It's difficult but it's not the end of the world.

A Perfectly functioning brain is what causes the depression for the most part.

If you ask most truly mentally handicapped people if they feel depressed, they wouldn't know how to respond. If they are highly functional and everything then they would still be able to adapt and cope with the stress in another manner or process in the brain, but the end result is the same. Copping with the stress presented. Even blind people that are born blind, have brains that move the signal from an auditory stress through the visual cortex. So our brains even not fully functional can manipulate where the signals go and change paths to have a better response to the stress.

bbc.co.uk/news/health-26647738
Get some off the darkweb, you don't even have to leave the house

Sorry if I fuck up this green text, I'm not used to making it.

>Be me. Age 18. Early 2014.
>I've been always kinda gloomy, it's just been my personality.
>A bunch of shit happened: My father disappears, gf breaks up since I'm a downer, grandma dies the night I come up to see her, and best friend has been in jail for 3 years due to alleged plotting terrorism.
>I ate like shit, and gained 60 pounds in a few months.
>245 pounds, 5'7", pasty white boy.
>I tried to kill myself, but chickened out when I got to the bridge.
>Decided to go get some help.
>Doc told me that I had depression. Woohoo!
>So at least now I'm not truly faking it, like mom said I was.
>Doc gave me a prescription to some pills, and sent me off.
>Holy fuck, Nightmares at night, and I'm more depressed in the day.
>After a while I finally get out of the sad zone in late 2014, but rebound back to near killing myself in a couple months.
>Early 2015, I started lifting weights, and best friend got out of jail, on parole.
>Now it's 2016, and I feel amazing.
>Still a virgin, but girls are gross, so I don't care.

I'm 200 pounds now, and still shrinking. I'm eating healthy, and building muscle. I think I'm going to make it.

My uncle had swat called on him for a psychotic episode he had from suffering from clinical depression and bi polar disorder that put him to the most extremes of both sides. I understand the whole clinical debate about depression. This is a man that didn't really have it all that bad in life. Yeah he had his hardships, but nothing that couldn't be brushed off. Its jusy everyone kept telling him he couldn't fix the problem or whatever, and stuck him on meds which he started to feel better, then chose to go without the pills and have an episode then back to the pills, lather, rinse, repeat.

MEDS DON'T HELP, they just put a bandaid on the problem so they city don't have to see you having an issue and you are too high to know you have an issue. So its out of sight out of mind till it blows up or you forget to take some pills or you decide later in life you actually want to take accountability for your actions, it'll be far too late to learn these coping skills and you'll probably go loony and try to kill a bunch of people and/or yourself.

Currently taking Wellbutrin for trauma-induced disthymia; changed my fucking life.

Went from sleeping all day, dragging myself to work, then sitting at home binge-eating while watching shitty hgtv reruns to getting up early, eating well, attending a kickboxing class, and pursuing my artistic interests daily.

Of course I know drugs don't work for everyone, and not everyone reacts the same way to them, but I fucking needed those drugs apparently.

Placebos can do wonders user. Its amazing how often they use actual Placebos and charge for the full prescription.

One of the main reasons that I suspect contributed to it was that I never had to work for anything. Everything I picked up, I ended up being good at and everything I ever got came at no real cost. I picked up basketball, 2 years later I was playing at an international level. I picked up swimming, half a year later I was competing on a national level. 8 months after stepping in the gym, I was benching 130kg and deadlifting 160. Studied for 4 days, aced my medschool entrance exam. Friends studied for 6 months for their thesis, I wrote it in 2 days, studied one more and ended up getting the equivalent of an A. Many other examples.

These all were goals that I had set up for myself and thought would take a great deal of work, but getting them without much work and without any satisfaction at all really, ended up making me think that not much is worth it and that whatever I do, I won't be satisfied. And while that might drive people to achieve amazing goals, it just made me feel like it's all pointless.

yo bro chill we're all in this together, İ had an extremely shitty childhood in terms of "family" and economics that fucked up my personality and life properly, but the thing to realise is we all had shit, even if some guy just has depression, that depression is making him feel as bad as us even if objectively it isnt

İ understand there are times where you feel like you dont deserve this shit but nobody deserves anything, we make what we make of life, it's better to respect and stick together rather than hating on people in similar situations or just even similar FEELİNGS

if you need someone to talk with you about this shit, theres a reason why Veeky Forums exists, and its full of fucked up people and we can help each other and if they won't, İ always have my tripfaggotry going on so you can talk to me about this shit

/nohomo blogpost

>Suffering isn't a contest and you don't get to dismiss someone else's pain just because your life is fucked.
except that there are people out there will real problems and you're complaining about
>muh depression

an hero plz

I'm not sure what kind of "meds" are you talking about. SSRIs simply make your brain more "plastic" aka prone to change. Nobody ever said depression can be cured with pills. But in most cases of clinical-grade depression, you need pills to enable you to change your thought patterns. Which means you need to work with a therapist. And keep working on these patterns forever. Whether you choose to stop using the SSRIs or not, that's up to the individual. There's plenty of evidence that they are not better than placebo or physical exercise.

There is also a case to be made on male vs female depressive episodes, which are normally quite different. But I digress, I'm not here to lecture. All I'm saying is that during a MD episode, when you're lying in bed literally refusing to do anything (including eating), medication is the only thing that may actually allow you to bounce back fast and resume working on whatever shit brought you down in the first place.

Peace

ITT: self pity

This is not by Socrates. But the words still hold true. I had the same thing in my life. I can literally pick up anything or just put a fraction if my effort into a task and be able to succeed at it. That in itself can be demoralizing. I have found that finding and learning the basics of as many things as possiblevis far more satisfying than to achieve perfection at one task/skill.

>tfw had anxiety problems at young age but no one noticed
>tfw didnt know what was happening

>you need pills

What in the ever living fuck? Seriously? If we "Needed" pills we wouldn't exist. Our brains have adapted throughout time without pills. We had less ability to cope with basic stresses like when the sun went away in tha past and would fear it wouldn't return. If we NEEDED pills to cope with stress, it would have been back then. Not now.

I'd try a bunch of herbal shit and supplements, as well as exercise/diet/lots of fruit and vegetables

very last resort would be actual medication

try 5htp, maca root, ashwagandha

you can try other shit too but make sure there is at least some evidence it actually works, dont want to waste your money on shite that wont work

> le Special snowflake + Attention whoring mey mey xDD

> le Special medicated keraaazy psycho bi-polar mental illness xDD mey mey!!!

DUDE IM SO CRAZY!! GIVE ME THOSE PILLS DOCTOR GOLDSTEIN!!!!

IM ON TREMABADOL AND WELLBUTRIN!!!!!!! IM SOOOO FUCKED UP DUDE!!

I WAS JUST BORN THIS WAY!! HAHAHA!

MOMS GONNA FREAK!!!!!!!!

This is just my opinion based on my ass. You're not doing as well as you think you are. Your perspective seems to be really skewed, maybe due to yourself or maybe due to your social circles. Even if one assumes that you are indeed right, all you need are bigger goals, i.e. you're bad at setting goals not achieving them. I still think you have no idea what real mastery of a skill is. Yes being OK at anything is piss easy, that's not news. Try being the absolute best.

Cleary didn't read

this as well, lads stop feeling sorry for yourselves, İ'm guilty of this sometimes as well, but it's much better to be overconfident and narcissistic than sad all day - TRUST ME

also realise your life is incredibly short, any consequence that anything can give in life is much smaller in the bigger picture, make the most of what you can, have fun, that's what zyzz did, sure he died early but he had a happy fun life bros even if it was coked up and with barsluts

at the end of the day why do you do anything? so in the end you can be happy and content with yourself so just enjoy this shit, cause once you're past 40+ life will not be the same and you will have missed out on the important aspects of life

yeah its called ur a literal mammal and surrounded by potential predators

As stupid as a suggestion this meme is, taking stimulants gives you energy and motivation

Hard to be a depressed lazy idiot when you're high as fuck on caffeine

Why be the best at a single skill when you will always be beaten eventually? Why not become decent at many skills/trades that you can build off of at anytime when it arises? Whats going to happen when you do fail at your goal of perfection or are surpassed by someone deemed lesser? You gonna fall back on to what skill to nend that depression?

I'll bite to your trolling and then fuck off this thread.

Yes you dumb fuck you NEED pills to survive. In older times, you'd just die. And then your parents would replace you with a dozen kids. We survived due to ingenuity and fucking. We evolved. We don't survive in the same way nowadays. There's just the point that our biology hasn't caught up yet and there are remnants from those times. A need is subjective. As a species yes we do not need pills. As an individual, unless you want to die, yes sometimes you need pills, either to help with depression, or an infection or whatever the fuck wants to kill you.

/rage

Nah dude, don't worry.

He's a very twisted individual. He is unlike the rest of humanity. His brain is very tortured, and he has no control over his thoughts.

The magical pill will make him think good thoughts. He's special. Doctor goldsteinberg said so.

Why do anything ?

because why not

two words:

get creative

getting Veeky Forums is good, but creative work is the fast way to happiness

I want /r9k/ fags to leave

Oh, so eugenics? You believe we need to push humans to adapt to things we already can do naturally? Thats like taking steroids to achive ottermode. Wtf is this logic?

Your tolerance goes up
Eventually you get to the point where the amount of caffeine you need to function normally exceeds the amound of caffeine that gives you anxiety and shit

It's not a good place to be

Pills in a way are anti- natural selection

Pills keep the weak and stupid alive.

i.e : you

You try to be the best, doesn't mean you succeed. Be a jack of all trades, that's fine too. Both are valid ways to make a living. This has nothing to do with depression, on my part. No skill that makes you a living is going to stop depression, it's about perspective.

That there are people worse off than you does not make your pain and suffering illegitimate

Waaaah my problems are bigger than yours
You're the child that cries because he did more work than other people on school projects. We're here to solve problems not attack each other.

> le pain and suffeting is a key part of my personality xDD

grow up m8. no one is impressed. life is shit.

Deal with it.

>pilz are evul, its all a big farma scam
>why dont u just stop being depressed, lol, I'm not because I don't want to

Yes, i mentioned something along this in it makes complete sense to do whatever works for you. But, humans do crave structure in life. It's always good to have a few backup plans. I wasn't saying don't strive to be the best at what you love. Its just don't get so absorbed that that one thing is what is you are living for. You should continue living to continue this human experience we call life. Not to obsess over one task and then die.

I mean, I'm fairly certain that it's not placebo considering the fact that the acutal packaging states that it contains 300 mg of buproprion and it's pretty illegal for them to do that falsley.

Had clinical depression my entire life, it was crippling.
Found god, prayed, it went away one day and never came back. I lifted and lost 100 lbs with clinical depression, its hard as hell, had to force myself to get up every day and dragged my body through the deficit and lifting.
My best advice is to find new things that excite you to stimulate your mind.

Yep, cuz a doctor and the pharmacy are going to tell you if its a placebo or not. Also they would have to package it with the implied prescription to give youbthe assumption it is what they placebo is taking place of.

> Hehehe teh jew gave me teh magical happy pill xDD for my seasonal dissasociating disorder™ which the doctor found out about last week ;_;

> i am such a tortured soul. i was born into depression ;_; my mind is just soo twisted dude! only teh magical jew pill can cure me!

> Im soo special and unique. Im such a crazy psychotic and bi-polar snowflake! they need medication to tame the vile beast within >:)

>This does hold true in some anecdotal cases

Medical cases as well. the flaw in this study, though, was the small sample size, and the inability for there to be a control, as the control group would know they were going through a psychedelic experience.

bbc.com/news/health-36247599

>I'd advise serious caution

This is also an unknown, as it's illegal to research because of retardation and government overreach.

The only thing you'd have to worry about is if you had other mental issues, but honestly, I really think it could be useful for ALL psychological problems that aren't caused by physical brain deformities.

Again, the problem is it being illegal to research, which is the dumbest shit on earth.

Just remember, anyone thinking about doing this, be in a safe place, with people you can trust. Try to have a sitter (someone sober who you can trust. My first trip got scary, and when I looked at my sitter who was super bored, I realized nothing was wrong,).

Most of all, don't resist the trip. Remember, worst case scenario, you feel bad for 2-4 hours. Maybe some diarrhea.

Except that doing what you're describing (packaging something other than the contents described on the bottle into a medicine) is against the law.

Hope you don't forget your tinfoil hat when you go to the gym, user. If you do actually go to the gym that is.

ITT: white people get depression because they have 1000 friends on facebook and not 2000

To be honest, there's really not much difference between tumblr self diagnosed depression and clinical diagnosed depression. The only difference is going to a doctor and telling them how you feel. That's it. Actually, the tumblr types are more likely to over exaggerate what they're feeling and walk away with a more serious diagnosis than someone who might actually have legitimate depression.

>t. someone with depression, but knows the system enough to see how it can be exploited

dude why are you arguing with him?

Just be happy with your jew pill. It's clearly working, so good on you!

They've finally managed to cure you!

Now you can be a functional member of society huh?

*slow claps*

*steps out of the shadows*

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...

being depressed about something is not the same as depression

>clinical diagnosed depression

> pls goyem it is time to buy the pill now

>not having home gym
>falling for paying to workout meme

Yep, keep buying into the shams that they sell you. You're trying to tell me you believe they wouldn't just accept your blindly given money for just sugar pills? Especially when you don't have a means to fact check them? Hmm, you are quite trusting of this cooperation that clearly has the human best interests in mind. All this trust is based on these laws that are only applicable if they are "CAUGHT" doing things as described.

Well yeah, exactly. I don't take medication anymore, I just eat healthy and workout and it makes me feel a lot better anyway

ugh, I can't do that, I'm not pathetic enough for that
my doctor once asked me if I was depressed while being there for something different

I might be, I don't know, I'm not a doctor but my "men don't complain"-education kicked in and I bassicly said nah

I do that with everything, I say shit doesn't hurt while it actually does just so peepz don't think of me as weak

This.

Suffering IS a contest when OP's on some "boo hoo woe is me" bullshit and doesn't even fail to mention how he has great friends and shit like that.

I would KEEP all the depression, all the anxiety if I could just be thrown a few friends. Modern depression is a farce resultant of post-industrial society so nobody is special for having it. But it is indeed exacerbated when you have nobody to share time with.

no dude, placebo doesnt exist and has never been a scientifically documented effect.

The pills are 100% legit, and definitely make him think happy thoughts. They control his mind, through the magic of science

((((((even though we still know barely anything about the human mind, let alone control it)))))))

>Modern depression is a farce resultant of post-industrial society

well said.

> ((((((even though we still know barely anything about the human mind, let alone control it)))))))

Know enough to know what hormones are present in the brain, what role they play, what effect clinical depression has on these hormones, and what happens when we upregulate or down regulate them via pharmacology.

>Pills keep the weak alive.
Tell that to me when I emerge from the other side of the tunnel a stronger man than you'll ever be.

Yeah, we have had a hijacking of real science by this stuff called theoretical science or things that are hypothesized and proven with magical hypothetical numbers that are then passed off as fact even though there is zero documentation and zero observation done to prove these theories. Its basically pseudoscience has become the norm and widely accepted, all because of the word science is take as the new "gospel" of our time. But since there are several variation of science, we kind of get lost in translation between the theoretical "pseudoscience" and the real observable/experimental science.

whao dude our thoughts are controlled entirely by our """hormonal chemicals""" and we have literally no free will or ability to think beyond our """""hormone levels"""""

In other news: Fat people can't help being fat.
its all genetic!

Say that to the guy that make through that tunnel and have to rely on pills to keep him out. But one slip up or say the dose is no longer strong enough or say your brain chemistry changes and you go back and even deeper into that tunnel. Do you believe your pills will always be there to save you?

>Tell that to me when I emerge from the other side of the tunnel a stronger man than you'll ever be.

little sheltered white middle-class faggots like you don't know the meaning of suffering.

go back to watching your anime now.

4 chan fatties calling medicine "psEuDoSciENkIneCEz"

cheers mate, we should stick to the hardest science likes psychology or sociology.

>z-zyzz?

I'm a bit confused, do you think e.g. depression is "thoughts"?

If anything you'd argue depression is the absence of "thoughts".

>science is take as the new "gospel" of our time.

indeed. Science, especially psychology and mental illness, is largely a meme, and a huge industry.

Everyone and their cat has """depression""" """anxiety""" and a whole host of other "white people" problems

What you're arguing about though isn't psychology.

It's neuroscience and a branch of medicine called psychiatry.

Psychology focuses on behavioural strategies, patterns, etc.

Neuroscience focuses on the pathways/hormones in the brain.

Psychiatry (again, a field of medicine) focuses on the effects of medications on a condition.

If you don't even really understand what you're arguing about .. then why are you arguing?

>I don't know anything at all about biology, therefore no one in the world knows anything about biology and it's impossible to know
>All science is bad science because I found this neat infographic on le buzzfeed omg can you believe it xD
>I believe that human bodies are powered by fairy dust and dreams

This thread is either full of very very stupid people, or unusually motivated trolls.

Veeky Forums dyels think their pharma
"Medikine"

Is synonymous to "cure"

But, really its synonymous to "bandage"

>Do you believe your pills will always be there to save you?
Pills have alleviated some of my anxiety symptoms and now I'm just depressed all the time. It's easier to work with depression than with anxiety. Eventually both will be alleviated and I won't need pills.

>little sheltered white middle-class faggots like you don't know the meaning of suffering.
t. Little sheltered white middle-class faggot

What do you hope to accomplish with this level of projection? To earn brownie points with the homeless Vietnam vets and Helen Kellers of the world? Or are you really just a bitter spic?

bullshit. there is never an absence of thought. Whether that is a verbal narrative, or just your sensory perceptions, the thought always remains.

Usually depression is described as some sort of existential angst, sadness, despair, a nihilistic apathy and tiredness
(imo)

The problem is... that is just life.

We can't be happy all the time. Even though cancerous social media and the internet would like us to believe otherwise.

Society is fucked. We live in a very unnatural time. People sit at their desk all day, sedentary, and wonder why they feel like shit.

People have no purpose, no beliefs, no reason to live, no goals.. and then they wonder why they feel """depressed"""

its nothing special. It is modern society. If you are posting on this website you still get a kick out of socialising. I know i do.

Life is shit 99% of the time. Set goals for yourself. Do something. Or don't, we all die anyway :^)