Veeky Forums BTFO, how will you 'roid-heads ever recover?

Veeky Forums BTFO, how will you 'roid-heads ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

drhyman.com/blog/2014/04/10/calories-dont-matter/
caloriegate.com/the-black-box/9-pictures-that-prove-beyond-a-reasonable-doubt-that-calories-dont-count
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

drhyman.com/blog/2014/04/10/calories-dont-matter/

>if their advice were good and doable, we would all be thin and healthy by now.
The reason isn't the quality of the advice, but the fact people don't follow it.

Orrrr, it just doesn't work, mr. tinfoil.

Here's another: caloriegate.com/the-black-box/9-pictures-that-prove-beyond-a-reasonable-doubt-that-calories-dont-count

>a ton of lead is heavier than a ton of feathers

these people should shot shot based on stupidity alone

>thin and healthy

TRIGGERD

of course they'll have different effects on your body, becuase they're comprised of different macronutrients. Now if you ask will 100 calories of fat from a pizza have the same effect as 100 calories of fat from a sausage? the answer is yes,

Newton’s first law of thermodynamics states that the energy of an isolated system is constant. In other words, in a laboratory, or “isolated system,” 1,000 calories of broccoli and 1,000 calories of soda are, in fact, the same. I’m not saying Newton was wrong about that. It’s true that when burned in a laboratory setting, 1,000 calories of broccoli and 1,000 calories of soda would indeed release the same amount of energy.

That is fucking retarded.

But sorry, Mr. Newton; your law of thermodynamics doesn’t apply in living, breathing, digesting systems. When you eat food, the “isolated system” part of the equation goes out the window. The food interacts with your biology, a complex adaptive system that instantly transforms every bite.

The body isn't a closed system however.

Even equating it to that is fucking retarded.

To illustrate how this works, let’s follow 750 calories of soda and 750 calories of broccoli once they enter your body. First, soda: 750 calories is the amount in a Double Gulp from 7-Eleven, which is 100 percent sugar and contains 186 grams, or 46 teaspoons, of sugar. Many people actually do consume this amount of soda. They are considered the “heavy users.”

Your gut quickly absorbs the fiber-free sugars in the soda, fructose, and glucose. The glucose spikes your blood sugar, starting a domino effect of high insulin and a cascade of hormonal responses that kicks bad biochemistry into gear. The high insulin increases storage of belly fat, increases inflammation, raises triglycerides and lowers HDL, raises blood pressure, lowers testosterone in men, and contributes to infertility in women.

Your appetite is increased because of insulin’s effect on your brain chemistry. The insulin blocks your appetite-control hormone leptin. You become more leptin resistant, so the brain never gets the “I’m full” signal. Instead, it thinks you are starving. Your pleasure-based reward center is triggered, driving you to consume more sugar and fueling your addiction.

>ask a group of 6 graders
>this is a scientific research
Yeah no. Maybe next time show me something isn't said by kids as your scientific evidence

>Veeky Forums BTFO, how will you 'roid-heads ever recover?

The entire "health" industry is about confusing consumers and then providing wisps of the truth.

Now let’s look at the 750 calories of broccoli. As with the soda, these calories are made up primarily (although not entirely) of carbohydrates—but let’s clarify just what that means, because the varying characteristics of carbs will factor significantly into the contrast I’m about to illustrate.

Carbohydrates are plant-based compounds comprised of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. They come in many varieties, but they are all technically sugars or starches, which convert to sugar in the body. The important difference is in how they affect your blood sugar. High-fiber, low-sugar carbohydrates such as broccoli are slowly digested and don’t lead to blood sugar and insulin spikes, while table sugar and bread are quickly digested carbs that spike your blood sugar. Therein lies the difference. Slow carbs like broccoli heal rather than harm.

the only thing this proves is that iifym is pretty dumb. Sure you'll stay around a certain weight but you'll generally look worse due to bad nutrient partitioning, I honestly don't get why you feel the need to ride this articles dick btw, i'll assume you're a lazy fuck who can't put the fork down

No, the issue is that the body has different efficiencies with different types of food.

What people also fail to realize is what an average is.

You need to AVERAGE a certain caloric intake for a time period to really notice effects. Time periods of at least two weeks.

I wouldn't bother weighing myself or changing my diet in increments less than two weeks.

>while table sugar and bread are quickly digested carbs that spike your blood sugar.

Unless you eat it with protein and fats. That will slow the absorption rate and help reduce insulin spikes.

You also fail to realized that "weight" is fat AND muscle.

You will lose weight eating 1800 calories of Twinkies. But RIP in piece gains.

But
>mah body's natural weight
>mah calories don't matter

did you read the part in my post about losing weight but looking worse? i agree with everything you say lol i don't fail to realize anything iifym is shitty especially compared to a clean bulk

If you still think a calorie is just a calorie, maybe this study will convince you otherwise. In a study of 154 countries that looked at the correlation of calories, sugar, and diabetes, scientists found that adding 150 calories a day to the diet barely raised the risk of diabetes in the population, but if those 150 calories came from soda, the risk of diabetes went up by 700 percent.

Well not everyone gives a heck about muscles...

The kinds of people that listen to that articles BS advice are the type that just go to gym to walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes and lift 5 pound dumbbells.

You mean averae people who just want to lose excess bodyfat, get some muscle tone, learn how to make healthy choices, and get a bit stronger and more endurant?

Yeah..fuck those people.
If they aren't aspiring strength trainers/bodybuilders are marathon runners they are fucking useless.

>macro nutrients exist
wooooooooooooooooooooooow

>a pound of fat is the same as a pound of muscle, bro