Is pic related low enough for squat depth...

Is pic related low enough for squat depth? Saw you guys saying this wasn't low enough in another thread and I realized I squat about this low myself. Don't want to get red lighted for powerlifting. Help me out brehs.

You're about an inch or two high. Gotta get the top of the knee below the hip crease to get the white lights.

thanks man, I feel like I'm going to fall down any lower but I'll work on mobility

>those delicious hips made for the sole purpose of carrying my seed
>those thick thighs
i will fuck bats into a coma

For white lights? Not really. For full functional depth, yes.

what do you mean? that it's low enough as is?

Which fed do you compete in that consistently white lights squats above legal depth?

what the fuck?

also ask in /plg

I didn't understand your original statement. So you're saying lower too?

couple inches off. work on hip mobility, make sure you warm up well before your sesh

How long do you think it would take to correct it assuming I start now? I'm going to find some mobility stretches.

Two inches is far below depth in OP
>le lolfed
Nah, OP would get whites in a lolfed where she's at

T H I C C

SPF please leave

literally one session, provided the correct stretches.

also, what kind of shoes are you wearing and what weight are you lifting?

OP are you in the picture or are you someone else? Because the picture has a lot of fat which makes it more difficult to see the crease.

RUDE

I'm wearing chucks and I'm just starting intermediate range. I just want to make sure I am squatting to depth before I add more weight.

I'm not in the picture. I just squat about that depth as well.

recommending you buy wl shoes and hop on youtube for some foam rolling and hip opener vids

I read that wl shoes put more shear force on knees?

learn to take advantage of that stretch reflex. you really don't feel it until you get to the very bottom of the hole.

Are you trying to bully bats?

They do. That doesn't mean you can't use them.

Anything that moves your knees further forward is going to increase force on the knees. That's true whether its from using heeled shoes or improving your ankle mobility so you can push your knees further forward.

So you're saying it may be a lack of ankle mobility rather than hip mobility?

Borderline. Hip crease and top of the knee are about level. Drop a little lower to be safe and you're golden. As someone else said it shouldn't take more than one session to fix.

A good starting point will probably be to shove your knees out a little harder on the way down. This not only helps you achieve depth but creates tension that prevents you going too deep.

Not at all. I saw her videos and thought she was going to depth but when I saw the criticism it made me want to check my own form.

different dude but he's mostly correct. they can be used for increased dorsiflexion.

you're squatting low bar (I'm assuming based on the pic) but wlifting shoes have quite a few benefits.

separately, and depending on your limb proportions, you may be better suited for high bar

Thanks, I'm searching on youtube for stretches. I always read you should avoid stretching before lifting. Any videos you recommend?

stretching shouldn't be done as a replacement to warming up, especially on big lifts. and in this case you're not adding stretches for the sake of stretching but to build mobility.
check out 70's big 3 stretches for lifters

ok thanks man

I don't understand how people can't squat ATG. Is that a low bar problem?

Squatting atg with good form takes really good mobility (unless you're super well built for squatting and even then it takes a bit). After years or decades of sitting down for hours a day most people don't have that.

And you can't really squat ATG lowbar in most cases. Physically doesn't work.

I have some injuries, m8. I just feel safer with lowbar.

>And you can't really squat ATG lowbar in most cases. Physically doesn't work.

this. unlike high bar where the back remains vertical in the motion, low bar has the back at an angle on decent. as a result, you can't squat down past a certain point without the center of gravity (the weight) moving past midfoot (i.e. the point where the weight is balanced). any lower and you fall over.

If your goal is to build big legs then it's definitely low enough. If your goal is to compete in IPF powerlifting, build functual strength or pleasing Veeky Forums then no.

>Can't squat atg lowbar

I don't know if this only counts when squatting really heavy, but I can squat at least 120kg atg lowbar in a relaxed squatting position before going back up.

I would be very surprised if that's true atg with good form. Most people can't pull off an atg lowbar squat because it simply takes an insane amount of mobility to pull it off without something going to shit, even with fairly favourable leverages. If you're not built to squat its probably not happening even with great mobility.

Not unknown though. Just rare.

you're loading the bar too high

It's to eventually do powerlifting so the consensus has been I need to go a bit lower.

You just memed so hard in a non plg thread that not a single person understood a word you just said.

fuck of loli fedder

Is this right or not then? It's how I've always squatted.

I only did the first rep properly atg though, since I generally don't do it besides on warm up sets.

Does bats live in Texas?

If so, I'll teach her how to squat

Fucking up your back desu.

only a tiny bit at the bottom

Is this high bar or low bar?

>hip crease
Not what the rulebook says

hybridy but mostly high

that's not a tiny bit I suggest you lessen the depth that's too much buttwink already

I'm the original poster of the vid, and he's not me, but I don't go lower than just below parallel when I squat, besides when I'm squatting

It's good, you're fat enough that most side refs won't really see that you're not quite at parallel (see: Ray Williams).

Hig. Low bar would sit right on top of the letters on his shoulder with elbows pointed upwards

Thanks, what I thought all along.

Reminder that if you don't squat like pic related your cheating yourself and your max has no meaning

Low bar.
No.
>heeled shoes
>belt
>barbell
lmao get that fake squat outta here

>wearing a belt for that tiny ass weight
Kek
>fake squat
Let's see you so atg high bar without lifting shoes faggot. Until you squat 4pl8 atg you need to stop posting.

I squat 220kg in deadlift slippers, I've box squatted 175kg barefoot for reps. I should probably be able to hit at least 180kg barefoot, yeah.

>implying box squats mean anything
And IF you can do 220kg atg then you're in the minority of people that have the genetics for that kind of mobility.

I've only done it to IPF depth, haven't tried ATG.

We use a very low box in training though, it's definitely a deep high bar. Considering I can rep them, paused, I'm fairly sure I could hit full depth with 180kg for a single.

I was also memeing about calling the original squat a fake though, just mocking those memers that do that every time someone wears a belt or knee sleeves or whatever.

>Everybody has the same bodytype, therefore everyboys squatposition must look the same

Fat people look like they are squatting high if you're watching from the front

Nah m7 OP is only just above parallel. One inch more is "depth" definitely.

Ray definitely squats high, just like Norris is definitely on gear.

Let's not kid ourselves here Aaron.
>inb4 he accuses me of being a mad gibbslet yuropoor

Can't tell with all that fat. I mean, the ass looks level with the knee indicating parallel, so it seems deeps enough imo

what garbage form is that
how has this person not killed himself yet squating like that

lel this is semi highbar

>those retarded huge thighs

>RAW
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

who would ever wear converse to the gym.

The same people who deadlift without shoes.

You are not a ref nor do you see weekday they

[Can you even unrack that intensifies]

>weekday they
Fug, what they* see

Can I get a source on that video senpai? (Hoping that's female.)

Another better view. High or low bar?
This is the only place the bar fits. Any higher it sits on my cervical vertebrae, any lower it slides off my back.

Looks like you're already falling over. I know it's powerlifting low bar, but in the position in your pic- if you straightened up-just a little - while still down there- where do you think your hip would go?

This thread is all over the place. So what's the proper form to squat?

bump

I think the consensus is that op needs to go an inch or two Lower for powerlifting but for leg development it's fine.

Top of thigh lower than kneecap in reference to floor

High bar 100%

raw means no suit

The crease of your hips are higher than the top of your knees, so you should squat lower. What helps me reach depth is remembering that how far you bend over is irrelevant to depth.