Why is Byzantine empire often ignored by many Roman historians, like Adrian Goldsworthy or Mary Beard...?

Why is Byzantine empire often ignored by many Roman historians, like Adrian Goldsworthy or Mary Beard...?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autokrator
translate.google.com/#en/el/emperor
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantinople
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Eastern
>Roman
>Empire

>Why is a Greek Orthodox empire often ignored by many Anglo historians, such as Nigel Pennycock and Maisie Cucksworth?
Gee I wonder. Anglo historians talking about Roman empire is like Nigerians talking about ice hockey to me.

People aren't interested in it, so historians who write for a large audience leave it alone.

Once the Muslims start showing up things really start getting depressing from there. Just a long slow painful decline, punctuated by occasional periods of competency.

In fairness you could at least claim it was Eastern.

>literally west of Jerusalem
>Eastern

You're saying it wasn't an Empire?

>Jewusalem mattering

Because they are Roman historians and not byzantine historians. Its like saying why Anthony Kaldellis doesn't write about Diadochi.

t. History Phd Candidate focusing on Byzantine History

>lost all the actually eastern possessions centuries before it's eventual fall

They didn't even call it themselves an empire but a kingdom

There is no difference between those two words in Greek.

You kind of answered your own question.
Notice how Mary Beard rarely talks about the Empire? Only the Republic? That's their field of study.
People that study about the Byzantine era of the Rome are usually completely seperated into those eras. You may as well ask why Byzantine historians like Norwich and Brownsworth don't talk about the Roman Empire.

I'm sure they could have used another term if they perceived it as inaccurate.

>chose to call their ruler Basileus instead of Imperator or Augustus
They weren't even pretending to be Romans anymore

They did consider themselves to be Roman

???

Cuckpedia fails again, autokrator means sovereign, not emperor.

Who cares about those lovers?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autokrator
Here,at least read the whole thing before making another retarded reply.

Autokrator means emperor you fucking sperg

But Adrian Goldsworthy in his book "How Rome Fell" literally saying
>I have made no real use of the modern terms ‘Byzantium’ and ‘Byzantine’, and the emperors who ruled from Constantinople are referred to as Roman even when they no longer controlled Italy and Rome itself. This was how they knew themselves.

>OCCIDENTAL
>GREEK
>RUMP STATE

Nope.

>Why is Byzantine empire often ignored by many Roman historians, like Adrian Goldsworthy or Mary Beard...?

It's not. Death of the Roman Superpower talks about it a lot from what I recall.

translate.google.com/#en/el/emperor

Holy shit
Αυτοkράτορ(ας)=autokrator=emperor
Fuck off brainlet

>Muh google
Fuck off.

Wrong, under Basil II Constantinople was the richest city in the world. It wasn't until 1071 that shit got permafucked.

I AM greek μαλάkα

>under Basil II Constantinople was the richest city in the world
[citation needed]

Fall of Constantinople - Bernardine Kielty
"From the mid-5th century to the early 13th century, Constantinople was the largest and wealthiest city in Europe" - en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantinople
So it says Europe instead of the whole world. I assume if you don't count China it will still rank very highly. Whatever the case, the Empire was far from decline and stagnation at that time.

I can't source his richest city claim but from 1000 until Manzikert and the Turks the Byzantines were doing the best they had in centuries
>Bulgarians finally conquered, Balkans pretty much under Byzantine control
>control of most of Southern Italy, only lost around the same time as the Manzikert disaster
>Asia Minor under firm control, had even managed to retake Antioch and its patriarchate
Their failure against the Turks left their Eastern Holdings in tatters, and left them unable to retake their Italian holdings lost to the Normans.
Manzikert was the true JUSTing, but probably was survivable if not for the Fourth Crusade, which I'd argue was the final nail in the coffin