>He explained his friends how he did and said it was "my" method
>Mfw his friends are willing to pay me to help them lose weight
kek i'm suddenly a weightloss wizard now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VKs0oEIVOck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Americans are this dumb

>They're not even american

yeah I've got people coming to me like I'm a health guru because I stopped eating like a fatty and started working out a lil bit every week

>kg
>American

Pick one

Yep, it's happened to me, too. I'll tell people, but they'll either never even try doing it, or will try it for a couple days and get tired of it. Fatties, man.

i dont even bother explaining it to people anymore, im done setting up diets and explaining shit extensively just to see nothing changing

I just tell them to watch whatever youtuber comes to mind at the moment and do what he says

The friend he explained "my" method lost 10kg and is preaching that I'm the one responsible for this
>Mfw a girl friend of my brother told me she'll give me 250€ for each 5kg she'll lose

How come people are still so fucking dumb in 2016?

They think you are using some secret way, but also people want effectiveness and will pay for it. There is objective truth but when someone is effective they is worth more than written down law or truth

>user i tried your diet for a week but I didn't lose any weight so I stopped
WEW

though I will partially excuse these people. Theres so much misinformation out there about dieting, so I do understand how normies can fuck it up.

It's funny because if you do even the most basic research you'll find the universal answer is "Eat less, move more", but it's not the answer people want.

Have people always been this dumb? Or had this little willpower and ability to stick to anything? Or is this a recent phenomenon?

And even with all of the misinformation, there's still no excuse. Everyone HAS to have their diet be very fast and very easy or else they simply won't do it. They'd rather fail doing some juice cleanse, taking some diet pill, or doing that one weird trick that doctors don't want you do know than actually taking the time and energy to do it right and succeed. They're like children, they just can't deal with delayed gratification; they want the reward right now. If they don't see dramatic results within three days or so, they're running back to the pizza and ice cream.

>be me
>get fit because /army/
>lose about 35lbs in about 6 months
>brother gets new gf
>she is chubby but not obese
>they start to 'work out' together
>cue meme diets, Instagram meals and fitbits
>Fitbit counts how many kcal you burn from walking
>his Fitbit claims he burns 700kcal a day walking
>he drives everywhere
>he believes it's telling the truth
>he eats at a 700kcal surplus
>he gains several KG in a month
>he doesn't understand why
>he comes to me for help
>I tell him to lift weights and run
>I tell him to throw the Fitbit out the window
>I tell him to eat basic meals and count calories
>everytime I see him he gives a new excuse
>I just know it's the girlfriend and her meme diets

I can't wait until I'm back from training, I've lost another 20lbs or so out here and I was already in average shape, theres a 3 month gap between my training ending and my first deployment, I'm gonna spend the whole thing in the gym.

The problem is that people don't get that losing weight takes a long time. They see all the magazines and expect "Oh yeah, a diet takes like two months right?"when in-reality that even just losing 20 lbs can take 3 months, and for an obese person to get to normal weight could take a year or longer.

The actual problem is maintaining their new weight in my opinion, people don't understand that their way of eating got them fat in the first place

My dad is like that with his exercises. He likes to ride his bike and is always claiming "I burned 1000 calories on my bike ride today!" and I always tell him that you'd be lucky to burn 300 on a good day. Plus his rides are only like 30-minutes so there's no way he's doing more than 150 calories.

It's worse than that. Most people give up after a few weeks due to not seeing an instant change. Others give up after months because they're still eating too much.

The ones who stick to it and dedicate themselves get a nice body to keep.

>bring my normie brother to the gym with me
>He hops on the elliptical
>10 minutes of cardio
>He spend 50 min sitting playing on his phone while I workout
>"Oh man i'm so tired i have burnt so much calories, i need food right now"
>Takes down litterally 2000kcal in one sitting
Mfw

>high school
>some guy randomly approaches me and asks me if we can workout together
>has a homegym set up and everything
>sure why not
>"yeah im gonna start losing weight and getting in shape now"
>fast forward till college
>still fat
>still weak
>probably hasnt used his homegym once without me
This guy is #1 at making excuses. We joined the boxing club and while light sparring i was tagging him all day while he didnt touch me once and then he brings out "oh yeah if i was moving full speed id beat you guys"
Truly a pathetic human. The more i spend time with this guy I start to realize why hes weak and fat.

I don't know if this is the main problem. It's definitely part of the problem.

My sister and her husband both lost like 40 lbs each, and then acted like they could just go back to living their lives. They were all bummed when they both gained 20 back.

It was like if you just keep up the exercise, and each decently healthy more often than you do now you'll be fine.

sounds like a Mac episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Slow 30 minute rides don't make you spend a lot of calories but you can go through 5000 calories easily on a race or a long training ride at high pace.

my dad is definitely not going high pace.

This is from my most recent race. kJ is calculated from a power meter, not some estimated bullshit. When you convert to Cal and account for the average person's aerobic efficiency (~.21) you basically get the same number of Cal as kJ. So yes, totally possible to burn 1000 calories (or for some 3-6+ hour rides, 2000-4000+ calories), you need a lot more time and intensity to hit those numbers.

I burnt around 700kcal on a casual pace 6.5 mile run on Monday evening, so when people tell me they've burnt several hundred from some 30 minute workout it busts my brain.

I only started C25k recently and the idea of continuously running for 6 miles blows my fucking mind.

I can barely run for 3 minutes without getting really tired.

OP here, 3 years ago i couldn't run for more than 10 min, now with the weightloss and conditioning i'm able to run for an hour and more @14km/h, running is all about getting used to it

I'm the guy you replied to, I started in March and I ran my first 3 miler in about 35 minutes, now I do it in 26'30, that was the first time I'd run more than 5 miles in my life.

Adding distance is easy once you find your pace, when I started I made the mistake of trying to go too fast, and would tire myself out early on, making all my distance runs terrible and miserable, once I figured out how to build up slowly from a comfortable pace, I fell in love with running, I'm still pretty slow compared to where I want to be, but atleast I enjoy it now.

by the end of my 4th interval I can barely do a light jog, I usually start out with a little more than a jog. I suppose that's part of improving though.

youtube.com/watch?v=VKs0oEIVOck