Anyone ever heal from this shit? I'm going on three weeks without lifting now and it's driving me fucking nuts

Anyone ever heal from this shit? I'm going on three weeks without lifting now and it's driving me fucking nuts.

Did you just have a baby?

No but I had a town job that had me weedwacking and picking trashbags and shit, I think that's what did it

Here, faggot.

Conservative therapy — We suggest initial therapy with a forearm-based thumb spica splint with the interphalangeal joint free. The splint may be worn according to patient preferences. Full-time wear of the splint is not necessary, since there is no evidence that immobilization alters the disease course. We also suggest a concurrent trial of NSAIDs for pain relief, unless contraindicated by gastrointestinal, renal, or heart disease. NSAIDs should be taken for a maximum duration of two to four weeks. (See "Initial treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in adults", section on 'NSAIDs'.)

The evidence to support the efficacy of splinting in relieving pain from de Quervain tendinopathy is limited to observational studies [11-13]. As an example, a retrospective study comparing the use of splinting and NSAIDs, splinting plus glucocorticoid injection, or glucocorticoid injection alone in patients with de Quervain tendinopathy found that 88 percent of patients with minimal symptoms improved with splinting alone [11]. However, the success rate of splinting and NSAIDs dropped to 32 percent among patients with moderate to severe symptoms.

Practice regarding the use of occupational therapy is highly variable, and there are few published data [14,15]. Occupational therapy may provide patients with useful information regarding activity modification for symptom reduction. In addition, hand and wrist exercises may improve strength and range of motion after prolonged immobility.

Use your phone less

Get a wrist wrap, it'll stop you from moving hand much, fixed mine in 2 weeks

Watch Mark Rippetoe's Art of Manliness video on the overhead press. The grip technique he shows there cured 90% of my wrist tendonitis.

Also, a wrist splint let me keep lifting in the short-term. They're expensive but worth it if you're serious about lifting. You can find them in pretty much any pharmacy.

Justin?

>true story

Got my Xbox 360 a bit over 5 years ago....
Right thumb ached like a b*tch 2 weeks into it.
Started holding 2 10 lbs plates together above the floor with thumb / finger for count to 15.
Pain went away. Can now pinch bottle caps closed.

>Hulk

Shit man I think i got this too, from too much wanking (lol but I'm serious though) and with lifting as well my hand never got a break, now it aches mildly all day and hurts a bunch when I bench. What is recommended to heal this shit and how long is one realistically looking at for recovery? I've already stopped wanking as much but I don't want to have to stop gym.

Try using "Monkey Grip" for the bench bar...

Stretch your wrists by palming the wall up / down / sideways....

Use wraps when you go over 2pl8 per side.

>don't fib here about your wanking habits, lad.

I've been splinting for about 3 weeks now, not allowed to lift per doc request. It feels better with the NSAIDs they gave me at the appointment, but still hurts randomly at times. Especially when i throw my backpack around stupidly.

Isn't money grip a really quick way to get yourself guillotined by the bar?

Not fibbing, I'll usually do it 2-4 times a day very vigorously

Your Dr. wants to keep you on meds.
Your Dr. wants chemicals to be the solution.
You need to stretch and make the connection *stronger* not chemically dependent.

>ice buckets, heat balm, point massage

could be worse op, I severed two tendons in my left hand at work earlier this summer. On top of that I developed trigger finger in another finger same hand.. I can't even make a fist let alone lift anything.. feelsbadman

>i know more about human health and physiology than doctors

You need to obey your doctor and ignore whatever advice you get from retards here or you'll end up causing more inflamation/injury and those 3 weeks will be for nothing.

Been involved in PE and athletics my whole life.
Brother is an *actual* Emergency Room doctor in USA --- tells me stories about Big Pharma reps...
Use Interwebz to research fish oil, matcha tea, honey, dandelion, cranberry, milk thistle....

I'm not trying to sew a finger back on, or remove a tumor.... just trying to stay as close to God's Creations and away from chemicals as possible.

>brother actually sewed a redneck's finger back on.

Currently have trigger finger.

It's the fucking worst, I got a finger brace thing that I wear and go to an OT, and sometimes take an NSAID, and that has been helping slowly, you might want to check 'em out.

>doctors have no interest in money

I had surgery there, got a plate and crews on my distal radius. Best thing to do is ice and res. Exaggerate the pain to the doctor and get prescribtion painkillers, that make you trip.