Lies that Veeky Forums told you

>lies that Veeky Forums told you

you told me this book would change my life. this book is nothing but reddit beta philosophy.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/pdfy-Ygh4kLN4q9wCWkB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i havent read it yet so i cant refute you

im sorry you didnt enjoy it, op

Looks like "how to be a blue bill provider" the book

I told you fags /mentalgainsthreads/ are shit but you act like manlets and refuse to learn
>inb4 act

Do you see these books? Nice. These are the books you seriously do NOT have to read if you are a 12+ sentient human bean with a triple digits IQ.

Since this is supposed to be Veeky Forumsness related board, have something actually worthy for your Veeky Forums goals (no matter your current level)
>archive.org/details/pdfy-Ygh4kLN4q9wCWkB0

Can you give us a synopsis of what stuck out most?

Also friendly reminder to everyone not to treat a woman as your equal in a relationship or she'll just whip you and leave you when a better option shows up.

Personally I stopped reading because of the comparisons he made. It was basically "Chad picks up girls because he's PERFECT in 6 different ways, meanwhile Todd is DIRT SHIT AWFUL BETA, and never picks up chicks. That's why [Chapter Topic] works.

I finished the book a couple weeks ago. The only thing I can recall that is similar to what you're talking about here is when he creates some hypothetical about a quiet, older engineer trying to pick up a 19 year old Stacey at a bar in order to explain the relevance of demographics.

The hypotheticals in the early chapters are meant to help describe one's shortcomings so you know which sections to focus more on (i.e. do you need to get your entire shit together vs if you're just shy about approaching). Most of the stuff he talks about is very general in the first place, so it's hard to say that a generalized advice doesn't work

>he has to learn how to attract women by reading a book

W E W L A D

E W L A D W

W L A D W E

L A D W E W

A D W E W L

D W E W L A

What don't you like about it, OP? I don't see what's beta about it. He basically tells you to be straightforward and honest towards women, not caring if they end up rejecting you because it means you'll able to move on and find the women that do enjoy being with you.

You didn't really think simply reading a book would magically change your life, did you?

Is there anyone else here that reads a fair amount that cringes at every book thread on Veeky Forums?

It's always the same shit:
>classical western philosphy
>PUA
>Self help/personal finance books

what the fuck are we supposed to read then?

you listed everything except SS and the bible

If you actually applied some of what the book said, i dont see how it can do anything but help you.

>actually believing this

>he has to learn how to make friends by reading a book

W E W L A D

E W L A D W

W L A D W E

L A D W E W

A D W E W L

D W E W L A

But seriously, both books were pretty helpful to me adjusting from homeschooling to college. Though some people (especially girls) find it weird when you are able to remember literally every single person's name, so I often have to feign like I just "guessed it right."

Also, the Book of Pook is the cliff notes version of Models.

>Can you give us a synopsis of what stuck out most?
When they say "Attract through honesty" they mean "Just b urself bro :)"

Except Manson actually explains what people mean when they say that, and how it's more about getting your own shit together than being saved by a woman.

Also the friendzone isn't inherently bad. The sooner you get friendzoned the better. It allows you to move on faster and having female friends isn't the worst thing in the world because even if the two of you aren't compatible, they can set you up with their qt friends that might be.

Meditations isn't bad

so basically guy just swings and hits something eventually by being vague? fuck that

I read it more than 2 years ago when some user posted a pdf of it online.

It's not really vague, it just covers a lot of topics and isn't only about getting chicks.

thats what I do. Scary at first but you learn to stop giving a fuck, then bitches can't hurt you anymore and you're improving your odds of finding the right ones

nah you should read it. Seriously.

Too much self help books desu senpai, you are better off adding a few biographies of powerful people (millary, kings, aka) and more classical stuff.

this

read Copies in Seconds

General advice != vague advice. In this case it means broad teachings that reflect the end goal of becoming a well-rounded and sociable person, not some guy who fires off a couple one-liners expecting panties to start dropping. The point is he gives examples of weak points in the hopes that you have enough self-awareness to know what you should be working on, and gives advice on addressing those weak points in as generally applicable manner as possible. And for more specific issues, there's a "further reading" section to browse.

I literally can not remember a single line from that book. But its literally 'b urself': the book.

tip that fedora.

i like how people say shit like this..
its like reading a manual for windows 95 and going.. yup, thats all I'll ever need.

well, chum, how goes life? bank full, qt gf sleeping next to you? gonna get late into work because you are the boss? summer over for everyone, but you are thinking Bahamas?
Hows that sportscar?
muscles?
eating good veal?
health status perfect?

>read the kamasutra...

just.. ok?

What do you mean by remembering every single persons name?

The book of pook is online for free.

Google it.

It can never hurt to read a few pages.

>have college friend who owned this book
>plays vidya all day, disregards his classes and tries to hit on as many women as he can
>meanwhile he has this book marked left and right, constantly trying new "techniques" out
>months pass and still no gf, asks me what I did to get one
>just give him my story about how we came together
>that doesn't help him much
>later he starts going out to the main lobby and reads the book outloud, trying to garner attention from females
>obviously doesn't work
>starts hitting on every female he can
>somehow manages a one night stand
>girl tells him she's down to be fuck buddies, but it can't escalate beyond that since she still wants to fuck other guys
>he pretends to understand, but he's just hopeful she'll change and develop a serious relationship
>never happens, he's got shit grades and never comes out of his room unless it's to finger her for 10 minutes
>he gets jealous and ends up throwing a shit fit
>she drops him
>he gets depressed
>drops out of school

I mean that I can meet someone once and remember their name even if I don't see or talk to them for a month or more.

>plays vidya all day, disregards his classes and tries to hit on as many women as he can
>meanwhile he has this book marked left and right, constantly trying new "techniques" out

This doesn't make much sense.
The book doesn't give any techniques and promotes starting new hobbies and interests and improving as a person and garnering female attention and relationships by self-improvement, not by trying some shitty PUA-tricks to get one night stands

how about
>truths that Veeky Forums told that you never believed
i never believed the bs about commercial gyms until i joined one

>3rd week going to gym
>load lmao2pl8 for dl
>grip fails on the last rep, fuark
>half the guys in the free weights room are staring
>big latino guy comes to me "wow man thats a lot of weight, mind if i try?"
>he cant move it from the ground
>"its too much man, i dont dare, ill snap my back"
>mfw

it was all true Veeky Forums, commercial gyms are just dyels, even the big guys dont lift much and just do half curls with 10kgs and crosshit in the smith machine.

but in the end Stacies just dig big biceps and pecs, so all the cardio bunnies are all over these fags.

i didnt ask for this feel

>just bee urself - The Book

>I didn't read the book - the post

>You Should Read The Book And Become A Winner
t. meathead with a double digits IQ

Yes.

>actual relevant, good literature literally everyone should read
The Fourth Political Theory
Industrial Society and Its Future
Suicide Note
My Twisted World
Nutrition and Physical Degeneration
The Decline of the West
The Golden Bough
Patterns in Comparative Religion
America
Can Life Prevail?
The Management of Savagery
The End of History and the Last Man

Im thinking about buying it because my life is missing pussy and tons of it
Will this book help me achieve this or is it just "Improve yourself and girls will be attracted to you"?

>Im thinking about buying
>buy a pdf downloadable for free
>"will it be worthy?"
Are you fucking serious? How much brain damaged are you?