So which one is it?

So which one is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.unu.edu/unupress/food2/UID07E/UID07E0H.HTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i dont give a shit. i just count kcal and dont eath trash. works well

Whichever one personally allows you to more easily eat at deficit.

Low fat was a mistake.
Low carb is a meme but not entirely useless.
To lose weight, eat at a caloric deficit.
To get lean, eat at a caloric deficit with plenty of protein.

>eat healthy carbs
>eat healthy fats
>don't eat unhealthy carbs
>don't eat unhealthy fats

I don't understand the controversy. Eat things that are good for you and stop caring about macros.

doesn't fucking matter just eat 6000 calories with a sufficient amount of protein and take some fish oil then go to lift town

I think I'm carbohydrate sensitive, people in my family have had diabetes and half are overweight, I've been working out 5+ years I'm not fat but I can't get rid of my fucking love handles and I have like a 2 pack, it looks retarded

>stop caring about macros
So... you don't understand basic biology?

>carbohydrate sensitive
Me too, every time I eat some, I feel like I have energy for the next several hours.

Enlighten us

>work out 3 times a week
>run on off days for half an hour
>eat about 300g of carbs
>sweat smells like amonia
have to eat 350-400g to get enough carbs

Read the sticky, candyass.

t.medfag

Definitely not this. Carbohydrates are known to spare nitrogen loss at a deficit. Fat doesn't.

Then you need non-soluble fiber carbs..... things like cauliflower, broccoli, lentils, spinach.... stay away from potatoes (sweet/white/red), rice, bread... etc.

Also do Interval Runs after you lift weights... it only takes 15 minutes on the treadmill.

>oldest fat is last to leave

Low fat. Carbs are overrated

Doesn't take into account body composition. I.e. not in the interest of Veeky Forums.

Carbs are protein sparing.

>The role of glucose and lipids in N sparing has been much studied recently. During caloric restriction (i.e., hypocaloric diets for obesity therapy), glucose has a larger protein-sparing effect than lipids. However, when the dietary energy requirements are met, changing the proportions of glucose and fat markedly (with a constant administration of amino acids) has little effect on N retention; both glucose and lipids have a protein-sparing effect. The protein-sparing action of glucose is mediated in part by increased insulin secretion; insulin inhibits muscle proteolysis, hepatic gluconeogenesis and renal ammoniogenesis. Dietary lipids could exert their protein-sparing action through FFA oxidation in the liver, where the resulting increased NADH/NAD ratio inhibits the activity of branched-chain �-keto-acid dehydrogenase.
Source: archive.unu.edu/unupress/food2/UID07E/UID07E0H.HTM

>it's 50/50
>it's either healthy, or it isn't
>reality couldn't possibly be more complicated than binarism

>However, when the dietary energy requirements are met, changing the proportions of glucose and fat markedly (with a constant administration of amino acids) has little effect on N retention; both glucose and lipids have a protein-sparing effect

The reference for this is a study done on severely ill patients given highly refined parenteral diets. They almost certainly had anabolic resistance from diabetes of injury. In healthy individuals, carbohydrates tend to give greater net protein balance at any energy intake.

>healthy carbs

Does not compute

Nice hormone production faggot

its wrong

I'm completely the opposite. If I eat carbs at lunch, gotta take a nap. I'm completely useless for all day.

Going to say low carb, not because carbs themselves are bad for you per se, but for the following reasons:
>most carbs don't fill you up, you can eat a literal shit ton of bread or pasta without realizing
>carbs that are nutrient dense like sweet potatoes are actually filling, so even on a low carb diet you can hit dem micros and be full

So PSMF?

Psmf is low fat and low carbs

>lower-ldl-cholesterol-eat-beans.jpg.pagespeed.ce.kndrZnTMAu[1].jpg
>lower-ldl-cholesterol
hahahahaha

Is something funny, my Atkins shill book reading friend?

Low fat because i like to have performance in the gym, and i hate feeling tired all the time from low carb.

I eat 100% clean so i have zero saturated fat, and all my fats come from nuts, avocado, and olive oil, i rarely even use olive oil since i am cutting at the moment.

I get between 20-50g of fat a day, and i have had zero problems.

Having to read your retarded posts.

High fat cut was much easier than high carbs, but all the dairy gave me bacne.

Low carb or keto?

I do 50-100g carbs per day while endurance training and have no energy issues.

Only reasoned I do it is because I was pre diabetic with all the white rice and GU I was consuming while training.

Now though my performance is way up and I feel better.

neither. around 40/40/20 macros with low gi carbs and little added sugars.

>Only reasoned I do it is because I was pre diabetic with all the white rice

Wouldn't it make more sense to just swap it out for low GI carbs like oats, sweet potato, or beans?