So I moved to Japan and I just joined the gym in my town. It's the only gym and it sucks...

So I moved to Japan and I just joined the gym in my town. It's the only gym and it sucks. Their dumbells only go up to like 50. Not a single barbell in the gym. They have a multi Machine thing with like leg press, lat pulldown, shoulder press, this weird flat bench contraption and separate from that they have leg extensions and curls and arm curls and extensions. Can you build me a routine based on this thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/workouts/how-to-build-50-pounds-of-muscle-in-12-months
dc-training.blogspot.com.au/
intensemuscle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Now I will wait as this thread dies like every thread I have ever made.

>make sure you hit every muscle with compound movements the best you can
>use progressive overload

you can fill in the blanks Japan bro

That's what you get for moving to Japan to live a life of anime.

Do a variation of a regular routine, just with the machines
Ie
Day A
Bench contraption 8-12 *3
Dips 3*F (after 15 reps start adding weight)
Leg press 8-12*3
Triceps extension 8-12*3
Day B
Shoulder press 8-12*3
Pulldown 8-12*3 (or weighted pull ups)
Leg curls and extensions 8-12*3 each
Curls 8-12*3

See if you can find a way to do rows or day A
Do bodyweight shit at the end if every day

I forgot to mention they have a row machine.

There isn't really a fitness culture there like there is in western cultures, so obviously the gyms will be mediocre m8

Add that 812-x3 to day A then

>The gym in my town

Where the fuck do you live, user? In some god-forsaken village? Normal Japanese cities should have a few gyms with adequate equipment at least. No barbells? wtf

Cable rows and lat pulldowns are great for building a big back. Use that circuit machine well user. Try a routine like doggcrapp. It's easy to fit to a schedule and works well with machine movements.

100 push-ups
100 sit-ups
10km run

EVERY SINGLE DAY

there's a fitness culture, but the focus is much more on outdoor activities; cycling and hiking especially are huge there. After that would be sports. There's not a focus on getting strong or getting big muscles except in the gay community.

Well then post in it baka!

Where is this town OP, there can't only be 1 gym around.

Start lifting japs of different weight. Progressive overload.

Yea it's a really tiny coastal town 2 and a half hours south of Tokyo with one gym.

Doggcrapp? Can you explain or link?

Maybe you should commute to a bigger town. Don't the nips have super speedy rails?

>Sumo Deadlift
>Actually deadlifting Sumos

Why not just ghetto gym?

Read the sticky program picker etc I'm too tired for this shit. In order from simplest and least informative to most reading and most informative:

t-nation.com/workouts/how-to-build-50-pounds-of-muscle-in-12-months
dc-training.blogspot.com.au/
intensemuscle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Knew someone would say it

Start benching slopes.

>move to a country where 100% of the population is dyel
>surprised there are no good gyms

baka

I live in Tokyo user, do you go to University? If so university gyms are pretty much the only ones that don't suck.

Sometimes there are local prefecture "sports centers" that only cost like 400 yen per visit which may be cheaper than the ridiculous monthly fees most gyms in this country charge.

If you're JET or an ALT fucker please kindly get out.

Yes but they're super expensive. My gym is like 2 bucks a visit where I am now.

>Bench
>Bar
No this is advanced fitness technology here in Japan.

I'm not surprised I'm just trying to overcome it.

Thanks.

desu OP, I'd just save up some money and see if you can buy your own basic squat rack, barbell and some weights.

That's why all japs are all dyel af.

No uni

Yea it's a one of those but I think they call it health centre and charge 200¥ because they know it's shit. I'd travel to odawara which is the closest city but it too much effort after I get off work to commute again just to gym.

Jet? Alt? No fucking clue man I'm a carpenter.

Awesome, glad you're not another English teacher weeb. I'd suggest checking around your local centers for one that has at-least a smith machine.
Depending on how good your Japanese is there might be some local lifting clubs around I'd check your town bulletin boards for em.

Okay good thinking would that be in the town hall? Would they know of anything like that if I asked the staff? I can't read kanji.

Without some kanji it's gonna be pretty tough but yeah townhall or just signboards around town would be a good place to check.

Try asking something like "すみません、きんトレににきょうみありますがこのまちではいいトレーニングセンターありますか?”

"Excuse me I'm interested in "working out/training" are there any good gyms in this town?"

>dyel
>550lb bench at

your town starts with kyu and ends with jyukuri

Here's the same sentence with normal Kanji in case you want to show it to someone.

”すみません、筋トレに興味ありますがこの町ではいいトレーニングセンターありますか?”

Why the fuck did you join a gym that was that ill equipped anyway?

>actually fucking moves to Japan
>can't read kanji
Dude, seriously, what the fuck were you thinking

It's not that uncommon for people here to not read Kanji so well. I'm still working on N1 and I've got about 1600 characters but my Job requires reading fluency.

It really more depends on how fluent in spoken Japanese OP is.

>Move to shit hole village in middle of nowhere in India to setup cell sites.

>No gym anywhere nearby

>Do body weights exercises

>Become buddies with the district collector, kinda like a cross between a county sheriff and state legislature

>Local district collector is also a body building enthusit and asks me if I want a gym.

>Yeah man, you have one at your place?

>No gimme a week

>Fucker actually builds a gym in the local school for me and himself

>Makes me inaugurate it

>Older kids now have a weight training class if they are interested

>Others use it during off hours

>Tfw I have indirectly caused gym culture in a village in South India

Sikh gainz bro

Nope

Awesome thanks man I'll give it a tomorrow.

That's actually super cool dude I hope the whole village gets sihk gains ;)

> baka

Pics? How macguyver does it look?

Don't have any right now but I'll post some if the thread stays open.

And no it wasn't DIY stuff, we got actual sturdy equipment. Like I said the guy was a lifter himself so he didn't cut any corners, we got ourselves a bench, squat rack, rowing and cable machine(most expensive), dumbells and plates. He paid for it from his pocket too even when I insisted on paying half the sum.

I'll story time more Indian adventures if you guys want. Spent around 2.5 years there

Yes.

Is it true there are shitting streets

It's almost non-existent in cities but it's still present in the villages especially the ones in central India. Though the shitting is done outside the village in fields and stuff. There has been a push by the government to promote toilets and hygiene. It has improved alot since my first visit back in 2008

Are foreign English teachers really that common in Japan? I'm heading towards teaching Lit soon, and I always wanted to go to Japan for a year or two and just see the country while doing that work to get by. Not so much anymore these days, but just out of curiosity I thought I'd ask.

Unfortunately yes. There are a lot of people who think they know everything about japan and loooooooooooove the culture so they sign up to be JET english teachers because they have no actual skills. If you're an actual teacher that's different these guys are basically weeaboos barely skating by in Japan doing shitty english "conversation" lessons or standing around "helping" at highschools. They're a big laughingstock in the ex-pat community.

>That first canister of the day

>Don't go teaching in Japan you'll be a laughing stock.

So exactly like he is back home?

Yup.

No, I'm actually going to school and have about a year and a half left until I have my degree/certs to teach. I love reading and literature in general. Initially I began studying Japanese because lol xd annie may, but then I graduated HS, unlike That sounds fucking horrible. The mountainous regions of Japan look gorgeous. That's my main draw to spend an extended amount of time there.

Th-thanks you too

why you in japan?
you gonna become famous MANGA-KA!?!?!

>TFW you didn't go to japanese highschool

Man it looked so much more fun with festivals and stuff compared to american highschool.

maybe you shouldn't have moved to skelly manlet central

go train judo or something. stop wasting your time with weights

That's actually pretty cool

50 reps of swimming to a non shit country

Why not open your barbell gym?