When did you realize that deadlifts do fuck all for hypertrophy?

When did you realize that deadlifts do fuck all for hypertrophy?

Deadlifts are for the patrician lifter who only lifts for utilitarian purpose

>you're out with your virgin white Arian gf and all of a sudden a tree falls on her, slowly crushing her to death

>bicep curls won't save her
>tricep extensions won't save her
>OHP won't save her

Only the deadlift will

what does it do then?

Are you autistic? Sure, if you broke down the deadlift into isolations, each isolation would perform better. But that's true of pretty much every compound.

makes you strong

Core strength mostly, I mean it does other shit but mostly Core strength.

I didn't know my muscles had cognitive abilities.

Not much, bit of hammy glute and grip strength

Lower back marginally worked

Bitch will be dead the moment she is hit

dyel?

It saves your fellow countryman when Muhammad's IED causes a section of wall fall on him and you must DEADLIFT it off of him

> implying she's alive after a tree falls on her

>Lower back marginally worked

WEW

someone in this thread really is trying to push his association between deadlifting and being a master race white male

>deadlifts are for the patrician lifter
>not oly lifts

fucking powershitter delusion

Hamstrings and lower back.

Next question

more than you

Nigger, I dare you to name a better exercise for forearm gains.

Horseshoe bending

Rows

Farmers walks

Kroc rows maybe. No barbell variation.

>white
>asian
Pick one you fucking weeb

OHP will save her idiot. A standard tree trunk is way too thick to properly get a deadlift grip on. You'd have to go to one end of the trunk, clean it and and then press it up so she could wiggle out of the way. No fucking way your going to deadlift an entire fucking tree.

Also it's Aryan, they were central asians who now live in Iran and North India. Not the same as white people.

>Arian
>Asian
Get your eyes checked user

LOL fuck outta here brother

To be fair, arian looks closer to Asian than Aryan

Kinda ironic i have an appointment for that tomorrow

If a tree fell on her I'd rather not lift it off. I'd just let that crushed beauty fade away. I dont want to save her for her just to come out looking like a gimp or troll.

Meant Aryan, my 6'7" thumbs fuck up my spelling on phoneposting

>tfw a lot people reply to your shitpost

my thick back,traps, and nice glutes beg to differ. i bet you're a twink that can't even pull 4pl8

weakling

hip extension, knee extension, plantar flexion, shoulder extension, a little bit of scapular retraction, and core stabilization.

Youre telling me muscles moving through all these motions will not experience hypertrophy when exposed to progressive overload for what reasons exactly?

Bullshit, I've been deadlifting 2 times a week since I started and my ass is enormous.

barbell curls, power cleans and snatches all do a better job.

Grippers

Huh?

isn't it useful for forearm, lowerback and upper traps hypertrophy?

>inevitable fucking up your lower back big time for some little forearm hyperthrophy

nigga you dumb, do hammer curls or something, manual labor fags don't even deadlift 100 kg and they have sick forearms

are squats and deadlifts good enough for developing nice glutes? They're all I do to work on my glutes

Yes, I also recommend you squeeze your glutes really hard when doing OHP.

cant tell if troll, why would ohp work the glutes?

try 5x10 deadlifts once a week with a lighter weight

It will help you maintain proper form while OHPing and you get to feel a nice burn in your ass. I'm not saying that this is effective to build glutes, but you should definitely be doing this.

I have to give that a try. thanks user

it really isnt tho

wrist roller
leverage bar

>Arian

Well that's good. The trinity is bollocks tbqh senpai. Theoderic the Great lives on in my heart.

deadlifts, especially if you hold at the top for a second or two, are great "hypertrophy" for your forearms and traps. but deadlifts aren't really about hypertrophy, they're supposed to be the heaviest lift you do.

Do you even growth hormone?

Forearm Squeezes

>tfw missing fingers on right hand
>tfw not enough grip strength compared to other muscles
>feel like a fake using wrist wraps
>lowerings weights make it too easy

Dude if you're missing fingers you have a golden fucking pass on using straps, you'll be alright no one's gonna make fun of you.

Use straps on both hands or youll have imbalances. Also supplement forearms.

Its gonna be fine user. We love you.

Google hypertrophy then kill yourself

But who was posterior chain?

underrated post

Hypertrophy of what? My spinal erectors hams and glutes from deadlifts.

>marginally

Tell that to the L4-5 of every idiot who did it wrong lel.

> everyone at my gym deadlifting 60kg uses a belt

When is it acceptable to use a belt?

B-but diddlys scare normies

Traps, forearms, core, glutes, quads, hamstrings.

Seems like pretty good bang for your buck anons.

what's the best workout to work your inner thighs? preferably a squat variation that isn't retarded.

Whenever you want.

Provided you actually know how to use a belt. Don't be that guy who thinks its a magical spine protector giving him license to be an idiot.

> Provided you actually know how to use a belt

Put the belt on tight and inhale so your body pushes into the belt under loading? How can you fuck up wearing a belt?

have you tried hook grip?

Plenty of people do.

Including you, if you're relying on the inhale alone to brace.

I laughed.

Never looked at the practical use of deadlifts like that before.

>bouldering

>gf

>implying i lift for girls

>marginally

If it has to be a squat, then wide stance squats. Sumo SLDLs and basically any sumo deadlift variation in general are better though.

>tree falls on gf's chest
>gf isn't benching the tree
>gf is looking like pic related
>gf is dying

why the fuck is she my gf if shes gonna give my kids shitty genes

leave her there

I haven't noticed much for hypertrophy but I've been deadlifting for a year with an office job and now have zero lower back pain.

this 100%

Ive never gone heavy in deadlifts. Mostly do 2.5pl8 for 3x12. But it really adds to an aesthetic core & back plus i have a sitting job and i see fellow coworkers under 30 complain about back pain, switch chairs every 2 weeks in desperate attempts to make it stop etc.

Meanwhile I feel great 24/7. And thats why people should lift.

So you both previously had some back pain, kept deadlifting while eating at a surplus, put on core and back muscle and now don't have any remaining pain?

>oly lifts

I have never dealt with back pain because Ive ben lifting frop quite an early age. I mift because i never want to hve to deal with back pain.

Same reason why i don't run much longer than 5km and squat regularly: To keep my knees in as good a shape as possible.

I see my dad who is a doctor at 58 have to use an arm for support when going up stairs because a sedentary life with little exercise has eradicated the cartilage from his kneecaps.

And i see friends of mine sub 30years old who fall for the runners meme and train to run 20-30km competitions, after which they fuck up their knee tendons equally bad.

Were all gonna get gradually weak and frail. You should lift & exercise sensibly to avoid that from happening as long as possible

Really? Who?

>Arian
>Patrician
WE WUZ ROMANS N SHIET!!! lmfao. Fucking snow nigger.

Hammer and nails

it's called functional strength

>let's keep lifting pure

tell your stabilizers that, cunt