Ausfag here goal is to become special forces in the Australian Army...

Ausfag here goal is to become special forces in the Australian Army. My buddy is already one and all he tells me to do is just run forget lifting weights forget doing pull ups just run.

this is the offical commando regiment workout guide.

Does /b/ agree with this workout schedule? Any tips on what to do?2commando.gov.au/careers/preparation-and-training

Other urls found in this thread:

2commando.gov.au/careers/preparation-and-training
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Waugh
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If Australian spec ops is ANYTHING like ours your friend is a retard. Cardiovascular endurance is incredibly important but so is muscular endurance. Do your push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, calisthenics. Shoot for 100 push-ups and sit-ups in two minutes, 20 pull-ups, and 18 minute three mile run. Then you will be prepared for indoc. It's still going to be extremely difficult, so develop a good mental fortitude. Good luck cunt

>does /b/ agree?
why don't you go ask them laddy

whats your spec ops?
you american? SEALS are pretty cool. I wish i could learn about delta force but they're so secretive its crazy.

I think he just wants me to understand the importance of Cardiovascular endurance cause you apparently stay awake for a whole week doing nothing but training. I am a pretty determined guy but i fucking hate being tired i have no idea how to deal with that but only to train during the night to get used to it i guess.

But he also tells me to follow the Commando training program religiously so hes not that retarded.

Because i want peoples opinion. its not hard to pick out a retard just trying to troll compared to someone putting in a good opinion

I'm training for CCT, Air Force spec ops.

Honestly man you're going to get out of it what you put in. If you make training something that invades your mind and you are constantly working on your cardiovascular and muscular endurance you will be good. Also rucking is very important, work on increasing distance, speed, and weight on your rucks.

he is pointing out that this is Veeky Forums, not /b/

If you were joining the infantry then i would agree but special forces are the complete all round soldiers so you need cardio but you also need strength. You don't need a top tier physique but you need to be strong. You don't understand how heavy a rifle gets when you carry it around all day.

>cct
>airforce
>spec ops

Top fuckin kek mate

met some australian spec ops in afghanistan and they were huge as fuck.

Your friend is probably telling you that to get you through the initial part of the training where they weed out anyone who isn't fit enough. It takes a lot of endurance, sure, but strength will help.

Look up the exercise plans for people who want to train to be army rangers or navy seals. They'll pretty much give you the tools to get past the first cut. It's up to you to use them.

>salty 11b or 0311

>OR literally anybody in any other branch or even most police departments and some high school security guards because us chair force is the laughing stock of the military globally

OP's friend is correct. First day is a 20 km run followed by a ruck. Fall behind, stay behind and don't bother showing up tomorrow. They provide strength training after that. All you have to do is make it through the trek.
Source: Former Spec Ops SASR Recon

>being purposefully ignorant because of memes
wew almost forgot where I was for a second

>memes
I would rather have a cook from the Navy or some random coastie being my number 2 in MOUT than ANY chair force sloperator. You worthless peices of shit are the reason my buddy Samuel's kids are growing up fatherless right now. Fuck you and fuck the airforce and your "spec ops" fucking mouth breathing blue on blue firing retards

Sorry your friend died bro, that's fucked. No need to shit all over my aspirations though

From what I understand, the hardest part of commando training is the sleep deprivation. Don't know if that's something you can actually train for tho.

>2commando.gov.au/careers/preparation-and-training
The first exercise listed is bench press lol
seriously in SFET the event that most people fail is the 3.2km webbing run, So being a fast runner and good at endurance are the most important aspect of fitness for selection.

/thread
>chair force
Special "we practice in a kill house for 4 months before every operation so we look good" Operations

>training to become a professional cuck

practice hiding from pic related

Look into doing calisthenics, occasionally doing strength training. You just gotta find a good routine, I was Army here for the US...I got kicked out for fighting.

cardio is very underrated by gymfags

anyone that trains to do something, be it fighting or sports, knows cardio is the #1 most important thing

tfw chairforce thinks he knows anything about spec ops. sleeping in tents when the big boys sleeping on the ground on ftxs and getting hotels on deployments. lelelel

Run forever, swim like a fish, and play a physically-demanding sport (for fartlek type conditioning)

I'm in the Argentine army, legs it's what we train most by far, we just put our backpacks and run into infinity

keep your memes at bay, I have enough being in this army

>getting b8ed this hard

enjoy your first day on Veeky Forums

I'm also training to be in the military.
Only problem is I have around 20kg of excess fat on me. Already lost 6kg.
I am doing full body strength training to keep some muscle.
Will be switching to sets with 20+ reps in two weeks.
I know I shouldn't be running, since it will fuck up my joints during the cut.
Can I walk larger distances to increase my caloric outtake? Larger means 15km+ every day.

You do realize that you'll be losing a shitload of weight right? Then again in todays Military it's a fucking joke.

You could do low impact cardio, like biking or aqua jogging.

Not sure if I understand you correctly, germanfag here.
I WANT to lose a shitton of weight so I can start running without ruining my joints.
Im doing walks with a little more speed, meaning I'm within 130-150 heartbeats.
Also I'm adding the weight I already lost to my ruck when doing these walks.
Is this absolutely not acceptable?
I'm tight on the money and don't have a bike.
Homegym, so no I can't use the stationaries.

waaah he gets per diem and sleeps in hotels waaah well guess what faggot he's still the only JTAC qualified operator on your op so if you want some god damn air support quit your whining

I dont know faggit go ask /b/

US Army has, in order of "elite-ness":
75th Ranger Regiment
US Army Special Forces (Green Berets)
160th SOAR "Night Stalkers"
1st SFOD-D (CAG/Delta Force)

Navy:
EOD
SEALs
DEVGRU

Air Force:
Pararescue

Marines:
Force Recon
MARSOC

I'm sure Coast Guard has their own counter terror group but I'm not sure and don't feel like looking it up.

Top of the pyramid in USA is CIA Special Activity Division, a paramilitary organization responsible for covert military ops. The blackest of the black, wettest of the wet work gets tasked to SAD. Drawn from Delta, MARSOC, and DEVGRU, they are genetically perfect humans who, being in their 50's (and in a few cases 70's-80's) have not been killed, driven to complete physical and mental exhaustion by decades of the special operations life, or simply killed themselves, still hunger for war.

Scary dudes.

Pic related: Likely Delta, judging from their rifle setups (apparently they all had a boner for the Geissele rails) and their propensity for smattering their uniforms with more American flags than what is reasonable.

you forgot CCT and SOWT for Air Force although PJs are definitely more badass

Truth be told I took all of what I wrote from memory. Air Force is kind of an SOF blindspot for me, but thanks. I love researching and learning about special units, as I have been training for the 75th but I'm old and keep fucking injuring myself. Shit is shitty.

I'm training to become a Panzergrenadier in three months. Doing jogging and weightlifting six days a week, alternating between the two. I'm just going out for seven months of conscription before university but it ought to be fun. Maybe I'll extend it a bit and go to uni the year after instead.

What's the PzGen reputation internationally anyway? Heavy infantry ho. Well, mechanized infantry technically.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with everything else. Keep it up man, maybe try and work up to where you want to be a little bit slower, know your limits etc, good luck man.

My flat feet and knock knees are really holding me back, as running lately has been absolutely killing me. I know I'm running properly as I take great care to avoid more injury but a prior back injury and knee injury last year just won't go away. For a while I was just like "fuck it, I want it, my body can hack it" but I'm having trouble. I haven't run in about two weeks because of my knees but I just lift every day now, without squats every day like I used to. I don't have health insurance but as soon as I do im getting my shit all checked up on. Until then I'm going easy on my knees.

Should have just joined when I was 18 and out of shape, though I didn't want to. 26 now and feeling a lot like I missed my chance to operate. Staying positive though.

I'm 22 and also trying out for my countrys sf. I'm aiming for next years selection which gives me two trys since the maximum age they accept is 25.

My chances are pretty slim, they around fifteen of hundred-something make it in and only a couple of those guys are hired after the course.

Just gotta stop calculating the odds and try for your best. Good luck to you man.

Thanks, and same to you! I appreciate the positivity.

>12 mile run
>weeding out the weak
They have to be wearing there uniforms or something that isn't shorts/t-shirt right?

Why do they kick people out of the army for fighting? What exactly happened user?

It was probably in basic. You aren't supposed to fuck eachother up at least till you're graduated.

Also to anyone looking to join SF might want to make sure you're not colorblind that is an automatic DQ. You can fail the ISHIHARA TEST but they will most likely give you some kind of lantern test for R/G if you fail that you're a no go.

Air Force is the best decision I've ever made. The tears of other branches are delicious when they cry about how much better we have it. Have never met someone already out who doesn't wish they went AF

>Being this fucking butt hurt

Lol, I'm thoroughly enjoying getting a 20,000 signing bonus and 700 a month while in school to work 2 days a month. Stay jelly.

Pic is me making more money, being bigger, and learning more skills than you.

Pretty sure it's a 20km, 50kg pack march where you have to do the ho chi minh shuffle (waddling as fast as you can) the entire time.

>tfw zero responses

Training to be Navy Teamguy, agreed rucking is important. Get a weighted vest but dont run in it. Do pushups, strength, etc and walk on it with a treadmill at max incline 3.3 mph. The military is just carrying shit so start getting used to it safely.
Thread/

>tfw my countries air force is a fucking joke
all i ever wanted was to bring death from above

Your friend is stupid, the SAS and 2CDO PTI's gave a brief to out brigade and told us the best things for training are, heavy compounds for strength (youll need it for stomping), high repetition calisthenics and interval running.

What country? Most NATO countries still have enough armament that we do joint training with. Going to Hungary next year actually

Ich liebe Marder
wat?

The Schützenpanzer (Infantry Fighting Vehicle) that the Bundeswehr used to operate with for the last 40 years or so, pic related. It's currently being replaced by a much bigger, better armored and armed tin can called Puma.

im a fucking leaf
and dudeweed is trying his best to completely dismantle our everything because if we kill our enemies they win

>believing that dudes 70-80 years old are active combatants in a first world spec ops group
m8

>Panzergrenadier
How many jews do you have to kill to be accepted?

Until three years ago, it was a conscription deal, aka, everyone who didn't want to swab retard asses while doing the civilian replacement service went to the army for 6 months to two years.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Waugh

>Was operating in Afghanistan at age 71
>Continues to do contract work for SAD at 86 years old

Pic related: Him at age 71 in Afghanistan.

Hey OP,

Don't forget its not only about physical fitness but mental toughness and the ability to push past your comfort zone to a more extraordinary amount, just do as the site says, do a fuck tonne of running and prepare mentally..

Might I suggest joining as a rifleman first before applying, the previous military experience and prep is seriously helpful, it sure helped me when I went for selection and i saw almost all the civi's who signed up direct entry got kicked out within the first few days.

Good luck.

kek,

'spec ops'

'sasr'

'recon'

did you even think about what the middle one stands for in between making up the first and third?

Is that the rocket launcher class?

>This

Had an ausfag SAS team on our cop and they were absolutely roided the motherfucker out. Legit the biggest guys I've seen in any military unit from anywhere.

Not the same sdkfz 234 Puma from WWII I hope?

Altho they were pretty bad ass.
Good luck Kamerraden!

Youre mate is a fucking gee up artist.

Two of your assessments will be
>20km pack march
>battle run with 8kg plus weapon in 16.30 mins or less

You will do demarcation, which will be three days of no sleep and more push ups and pull ups and shit in the pool than you ever dreamed of.

Get good at push ups, heaves....get muscular strengrh and endurance. Git gud or git rekt.

T. Aus army, infantry

Panzertruppe here, basic starts October 4th, 12 years enlistment.

I don't run, I am very flexible, ride my bike 3 times a week and I am not your run off the mill German gym rat, I have strong legs, strong upper, I do sweat a lot but I drink 5-6 liters a day

Maybe I can help; I trained for a little less than a year with 4 guys that wanted to go to BUDs (i was training for a different special operations job) and we trained with an ex navy seal who was trained by navy seal legend Scott Helvenston.

We trained 3 days a week together and i lifted weights 2 days by myself. Training included almost no weight lifting and we trained for endurance.
Basically just maxing out on pushups and pull ups three times right at the start as a warm up. We would then do two minutes of burpees with 100m sprints (fast jogs) in between sets with a little rest. The ab work we did was usually timed planks or flutter kicks, upwards of 5 minutes. I recall doing a lot of bear crawl, but really just tons of burpees and 5 count body builders.
He gave us the picture i uploaded as a home workout. We were told this work out was created by the original Navy Seals, the UDT, and had been passed down since the 40s as a cornerstone of seal workouts. In case anyone was wondering; I had to drop out due to reoccurring shin splints.

Ill answer any questions yall have, i might have some insight for you