AMA

I'm still juicing, Veeky Forums. It's going well.

Anyone else juice for cutting, general weight loss, for added nutrition, or for extra nutrition?

Recipes and stories are welcome. Spare me the shitposting please.

Other urls found in this thread:

yahoo.com/beauty/man-didnt-eat-for-382-days-but-somehow-lived-115956502923.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jesus mate, you still alive? How much have you lost so far? Holding up well or about to throw the towell?

Are you almost kill?

>Jesus mate, you still alive?
Hi! Yes, I'm still alive. I stopped posting here for a bit because I was always getting assholes and shitposters.

I'm on day 58 and down by 44 pounds so far. Still going strong.

>Are you almost kill?
Not at all. It's going well.

Have you seen a doctor and have they approved this lifestyle? Reason I ask is because I'd like to incorporate juicing into my diet but I've heard mixed opinions.

Nice. As long as you know what youre doing. What do you put in your juices though? Just fruits and veggies?

Are you aware that as soon as you stop your juicy diet you will gain most of the weight you loss?

>Have you seen a doctor and have they approved this lifestyle?
No, I haven't consulted a doctor. But nutritional science has been a hobby of mine for a few years, and when I saw "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" it gave me the idea to try this.

I don't recommend it for everyone, you need to know what your body needs, and how to shop and prepare your produce for juicing. If you have a juicer and want to use it for juicing some greens with an apple and a carrot as a meal replacement, there's no harm in that.

What are the mixed opinions? Lifters will always say that you need your protein, shitposters will always call you a vegan SJW, there's always someone who will try to tear you down.

>Hi! Yes, I'm still alive. I stopped posting here for a bit because I was always getting assholes and shitposters.
Yeah well, it's not the Veeky Forums we had a couple years ago. It's half supportive now. Still. I've follow your journey bro. Last time we "spoke" I was going to a thre days juice fast/cleansing . I did it. It sucked massive dicks. Lost about a kilo, my shits went to shit, but I managed to shred about 20 secs from my km time. And I've kept it. But I'm not doing it again breh. I'm thinking about soups though. Like baby soups? But combined with something solid next time

>What do you put in your juices though?
I don't do just juice, I should say that. I have coffee in the morning with touch of sweetener and some cream, 2-5 cups per day. I juice, with an approximate 80/20 veg/fruit mix. Carrots and tomato are fruit. I drink my share of booze too, usually red wine or vodka with soda and lemon juice.

Yes, it's fucked up. But it works for me, and I'm shedding the pounds without exercise or giving up alcohol.

My ex is a phdmd. Believe me. Most of them just google and have the same access to papers as you and me. And they can't do shit about it, because their department directors dictate the protocols. So asking a doc is pretty much useless if you have a relevant degree.

>Are you aware that as soon as you stop your juicy diet you will gain most of the weight you loss?
I will regain it all if I resume my old eating habits, no argument there. But after a few months of no sugar, salt, added fat, and white carbs I'll have shaken my taste for those and can start fresh.

I'm looking forward to eggs cooked in butter, and raw carrot and celery and tomato dipped into hummus or cottage cheese. Lean chicken with steamed veg. Nummers. Processed food is the enemy.

If it works and youre not dying its fine.
Whats your starting weight and how much you weight now?

You sound like a pathetic dyel loser that's simply following the "calories in/ calories out" rule. Please stop posting here, we all know how to lose weight if we want to

>But I'm not doing it again breh. I'm thinking about soups though.
Congrats, brah! Yeah, three days is hard. It takes three or four days to break through the cravings, like any addiction. But you did it and you know you can.

Soups are great, and I'll make them more especially in the winter. A vitamix is great for that, you toss in some stock, a potato or two or some white beans, cook it up and then blend it, then add whatever fresh or frozen veg you have, and some meat if want, soup/stew is done. Quick and easy, one appliance. It can be as low carb or low sugar or low fat as you want in your diet.

I'm glad that you saw some results from the fast. Did you find that the food tasted different when you went back to it?

>Whats your starting weight and how much you weight now?
Thanks for the post. I'm on day 58 and down from 241 to 197 so far. That's 44 pounds in less than two months. I could lose it faster if I gave up alcohol and exercised, but I'm not out to set any records here.

I'm a male, mid forties, lightly muscled. I started as borderline obese, then went to skinnyfat, now I'm on my way to slim. I've gone from 18" neck to 16", and waist of 39-40" to wearing a 36" comfortably. I'll get down to a 15.5" neck and 32" waist before I'm done.

>You sound like a pathetic dyel loser that's simply following the "calories in/ calories out" rule. Please stop posting here, we all know how to lose weight if we want to
Fuck yourself, and go back to debating about which frozen tendies meet your macros.

I've lifted before and will again. It's more complicated than calories in and out.

Look at the number of "why am I not losing weight?" threads. Obviously, you don't all know how to lose weight if you want to.

>Did you find that the food tasted different when you went back to it?
I haven't seasoned any vegetable since. I mean, you could add things to modify the flavour, but seriously, you don't need it. Vegetables taste so different, specially if they have different colors. It's like pointless to add anything else. Olive oil tho is delicious but you srsly don't need it.

Hope you for through dude. Good luck and power to you if you do. You're 58 days in so you might have the will power. Everyone I know that's done this is just never used to cooking and and cleaning and eating healthy and flop after a week of eating veggies. It starts with one cheat meal then one cheat day then slipping too more than one day and then they tell themselves of I'll just moderately eat crap. And soon enough it's back to bad habits.
I almost think it is better to just change your diet in steps to a healthy one.

>I haven't seasoned any vegetable since.
This guy gets it. You have to break your "need" for added sugar and salt if you're serious about health.

Thats's really good. How long are you going to keep doing it? I've lost like 18 lbs in a little over a month by dieting your way sounds effective but Idk if i could up food though 2bh. We gonna make it regardless

>And soon enough it's back to bad habits.
That's it exacty, user. It's all about sustainability. Small changes that one can maintain without feeling deprived. Water instead of soda. Fresh fruit and veg with cottage cheese or hummus instead of chips and dip. Even popcorn is ok, with only a touch of butter/oil and salt, and not daily.

I have a hard time with "portion control". And frankly, if the food is good for you then shouldn't you consume more? Portion control is all about limiting the crap you eat, and the best solution is to eliminate the crap altogether.

>We gonna make it regardless
Yes, we are. We have to find what works for us, given your ages, activity level, cooking skills, and time. Good job on losing 18lbs in a month, that's impressive. I hope you can keep it up until you reach your target and then keep some better habits ongoing. That's always the challenge.

I'm gonna keep going until I'm 175lbs. That should take another 5 weeks or so. I'll do it.

Yeah well I'm trying to change my habits. I'm soon to be an uncle and I want to be an example to my soon to be nephew. This is what is driving me now and helps me keep focused. I'm learning to cook so I hopefully can teach him/her in the future.

As I've said before, I've followed your threads for a long time, probably since you started, They seem retarded at first glance, but these are the only ones that we get to talk about getting micros from natural sources.

So breh, keep making them. This turds can have 20 threads a day about monster drinks but one guy suggesting natural juices grinds their gears? Fuck them

>It's like pointless to add anything else.
Other than the fact that fat aids in micro nutrient absorption. If you're not eating fat with your vegetables you're not making the best use of them regardless of taste.

Eat 5 nuts, problem solved.

>If you're not eating fat with your vegetables you're not making the best use of them
Yes, I've been reminded of that. Fruit and veg have trace proteins and fats, and I obviously get enough to keep me alive. And I have a bit of 5% cream in morning coffees. I'd never recommend juicing only long term for anyone, without consulting with their doctor or a nutritionist first.

>Good job on losing 18lbs in a month, that's impressive. I hope you can keep it up until you reach your target and then keep some better habits ongoing.
Thanks m8 iam determined to turn my life around health wise tired of being a fatass.

Keep doing what youre doing you're going to make it and hope you succeed. Dont mind all the tumblr fattys memeing you they're probably just mad youre making gainz.

>hey're probably just mad
Exactly, nobody wants to see others succeed when they have failed. Keep up the good work user, we all know that it's about making small positive changes that are sustainable.

>turds can have 20 threads a day about monster drinks but one guy suggesting natural juices grinds their gears? Fuck them
You get it, user. I'm glad you've found your motivation. Learning to cook with solid and healthy ingredients is perhaps the best gift you can give to your nephew. Good on ya!

>no sugar

Top fucking kek, dude.

You're literally taking vegetables, throwing out the fiber, and concentrating the sugar.

RIP your pancreas

>You're literally taking vegetables, throwing out the fiber, and concentrating the sugar.
Not at all. I'm concentrating the nutrition by taking out the bulk. I'd never sit down and spend an hour eating raw veg. But I can juice it all and drink it easily enough.

Stop being a naysayer.

Leafy greens have some sugar and that's fine. My pancreas is fine, I'm sure.

You're not. Most of the nutrition is in that bulk you're taking out.

>Most of the nutrition is in that bulk you're taking out.
You're wrong. Do some research.

Yes, fibre is very good for you. Cellulose is indigestible. If you want to prove me wrong, then eat 5 pound of raw veg every day and match my results. I'm sure you would.

does the juicer take out the fiber?

why do that and not just blend everything up, it would be better for you

>does the juicer take out the fiber?
>why do that and not just blend everything up, it would be better for you
I use a masticating juicer which grinds and squeezes the produce, getting out most of the juice and some fibre too.

Nobody would eat that much volume of raw vegetables every day. I suppose that it would be better for them if they did, but who can do that? Are you going to eat a head of celery, a whole cucumber, a pound of carrots, two apples, a lemon, some ginger, and a pound of kale or spinach greens for dinner? Of course not. But you could juice it all, and get the nutrition without all the calories.

how many pounds of fiber are taken out when you juice 5 pounds of veggies?

yeah all those calories in that leftover celery pulp sure would keep you fat

rollfuckingeyes

>how many pounds of fiber are taken out
I've never weighed it, but several pounds of veg and fruit are quickly reduced to a litre of juice. I drink about a litre per day. Taking out the pulp and most of the fibre helps, because I'd never eat it all in a day.

>rollfuckingeyes
Maybe you're right. But veg and fruit have carbs of course, plus natural sugars and nutrients. Taking out the pulp concentrates the nutrition by volume. Fruit has a lot of sugar, and juicing fruits reduces their caloric value while keeping most of the nutrition.

Obviously I'm not just talking about celery, you fucking moron.

you are extracting and drinking the sugar while leaving behind the fiber of the fruits, you are not pulling the nutrients and leaving the sugar behind, what you leave behind is mostly the fiber

it's far less healthy than eating the whole thing or just blending it and chugging it fiber and all

>I drink about a litre per day.

wow that's nothing, you are basically starving yourself

>it's far less healthy than eating the whole thing
You may be right. Feel free to eat 5 pounds of raw veg daily and tell us how it works out for you. Dummy.

>yeah all those calories in that leftover celery pulp sure would keep you fat

>wow that's nothing, you are basically starving yourself
Then why am I still alive and thriving? It takes several pounds of veg to get that much juice.

Go fuck yourself, shitposter.

>You may be right. Feel free to eat 5 pounds of raw veg daily and tell us how it works out for you. Dummy.

if that's literally all you were eating and you split it into four or five meals you could do it

but you would not have to eat that much

you can't cut something up and then compare eating what you cut out to eating all of everything, you might only have to eat half of what you are right now to get the same nutes if you were not grinding up your shit, drinking the sugar and throwing seventy percent of the nutes and fiber out, you would only have to eat half or less of what you are now using pre-extraction

>Then why am I still alive and thriving? It takes several pounds of veg to get that much juice.

because you can starve yourself if you are fat down to being skinny, it's not impossible --it's what you are doing

>you can't cut something up and then compare eating what you cut out to eating all of everything,
You have a point. Give it a try and let us know how you're doing.

>because you can starve yourself if you are fat down to being skinny, it's not impossible --it's what you are doing
Yes. Exactly. What's the mystery? I'm calorie reduced, getting my nutrition, and my body is burning off the fat. What's the problem? I'm not saying that this is a lifelong program.

point being you could just drink nothing but a liter of milk per day and get exactly the same results, you are just starving you are not getting enough nutrients this way.

be careful

>you are not getting enough nutrients this way.
I'm getting plenty of nutrition.

If you were correct, I'd be dead by now.

Death is not the result of less than ideal nutrient intake. You could survive on pretty much anything for 60 days, that doesn't mean you're not compromising your functionality.

>If you were correct, I'd be dead by now.

nope

yahoo.com/beauty/man-didnt-eat-for-382-days-but-somehow-lived-115956502923.html

>yeah all those calories in that leftover celery pulp sure would keep you fat

keked

>a few months of no sugar
how ignorant can you be?

>banana
>broccoli
>pear
>avocado

Pretty good

>drink a liter of sugar water every day

I forget what sugar even tastes like!!!! XD

so healthy, such nutrients

>Nummers. Processed food is the enemy.

you don't realize that what you are doing is processing this food and making a processed juice shake with the fiber and pulp removed?

I'm a nurse at one of the top ranked hospitals in the US, I think I know how the system works, thanks. I was just more curious to know if he had any blood work done more than anything.

>>drink a liter of sugar water every day
>I forget what sugar even tastes like!!!! XD

>>banana
>>broccoli
>>pear
>>avocado
That's an interesting combo. I assume you're talking about a smoothie? I've found that really mush stuff doesn't juice well.

>you don't realize that what you are doing is processing this food
You can't be this stupid. At least I hope not, for your own sake.

>losing 44 pounds in 58 days
>healthy in any way shape or form
>losing that much weight in a short time because youre too impatient to lose it normally
>eating no fats when your bodily production of testosterone and other important functions need it

Fuck off OP juicing is for fags

>>you don't realize that what you are doing is processing this food
>You can't be this stupid. At least I hope not, for your own sake.

?

you are literally processing the food

>>a few months of no sugar
>how ignorant can you be?

i think op seriously might not be very smart

>>you don't realize that what you are doing is processing this food
>You can't be this stupid. At least I hope not, for your own sake.

starvation diets are not a good idea op

Personally I love it when its mushy, but to each its own.

I also like spinach and strawberry