Took 5 minutes to Islamize Persia, Mesopotamia, North Africa and the Levant

>took 5 minutes to Islamize Persia, Mesopotamia, North Africa and the Levant
>these people held out for 4 centuries and still haven't converted to the religion of truth

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

tyareh.org/maps.html
ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/bushs-wars-accomplished-what-muslims-couldnt-do-in-1400-years
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All of those regions held out for a lot longer than you give them credit for. Had the Ottomans not conquered North Africa it likely could have remained a majorly Christian region.

First of all, the first part isnt true. A shitton of the regions you listed remained relativdly mixed in a religious sense up until WW1.

Second, a shitton of greeks were actually muslim when kebabs ruled them but converted to christianity again after they became independant. This was especially the case in northern greece.

All of those areas stayed majority non-Muslim for centuries after their conquest. Some of them only became fully islamized in the 1400s

>convert everyone including christians and jews
>no one left to pay jizya
>collapse
ottomans were smarter than that

Believe it or not White people used to be scary to the rest of the world for their martial abilities and personal fortitude. The current state of affairs where many of them are effeminate and weak, including entire nations is a fairly new phenomena.

this
the fact that there are still christians and zoroastrians in middle east should tell you how long it took for the majority to become muslim

Also, a lot of the people that stayed muslim got sent to Anatolia after WWI.

Umm no sweetie. What the fuck is this kuffar revisionism? Read Tarikh al-Tabari. People converted to Islam (the truth) in droves immediately after the Islamic conquests (may Allah be pleased with them) This idea that it took centuries to convert most people is some fucking ن propaganda. I don't even think the Safavid entity would ever stoop so low as to spread this filth

>The current state of affairs where many of them are effeminate and weak, including entire nations is a fairly new phenomena.
We're still smartasses though. Singular it's phenomenon, not phenomena

Ur simply wrong, but its okay because ur a moron.

Balkanfag here, the truth is the Ottomans could convert anyone they wanted to, they converted most by the sword, death or Islam, they could continue doing so as they pleased, the Christians would be dead, and the new converts would be the dominant population, but they liked having a large pool of infidels to get taxes from.

Egypt was majority Christian until like 1500

A bit different
In persia, you had to convert in order to maintain your power/wealth/status

While Christians were taxed more heavily and had fewer rights (Ottomans evne take some right that were given by islamic law, for example they forbid christians from owning slaves) Ottomans also supported a christian elite, Patriach, Phanariot merchants etc. You couldnt be a zoroastrian priest and maintain your status within abbasid empire, you could not as before but still a degree none the less, in ottoman empire if you were a orthodox priest.

I think this was their biggest mistake, if they turkified and islamified as they went they wouldn't have all the nationalist rebellions later on.

Take a look at Romania, romans literally came for gold, butchered the populace, but thanks to their colonization dacians were asimilated to roman culture, now they have the statue of the emperor which pillaged Romania, top kek.

>Persia, Mesopotamia, North Africa and the Levant
Except North Africa, none of these are fully Islamized even today and NA used to have a sizable Jewish population before mass emigration to Israel in the 20th century under the pressure of the Arab-Israeli conflict.
Zoroastrianism is still holding out in some places in Iran, besides Christianity, Judaism and even yarsanism. The Levant and Mesopotamia have lots of non-Islamic groups and it's only in the course of the very recent sectarian violence after the breakdown of the pan-Arab ideal that they are in real danger of being driven out of the region. Egypt is still 10% Christian as well.

There were actually a lot of Greek Muslims before the end of WW1 but when religion was associated with nationalist ideas during the collapse of the Ottoman Empire there was a lot of ethnic cleansing and a huge population exchange. Muslim Greeks and Slavs were recast as Turks and shipped over to the new state of turkey whereas Christian anatolian Greeks were sent to the state of Greece, that's why it seems like there are no Muslims in Greece today (actually there are some Muslim minorities even today, but they consider themselves Turks). Besides, many of today's Turks probably descend from greek-speaking Christians who assimilated to the dominant language and faith and some point, so that's another way in which Greece was Islamized, it's just not easily visible today.

If you ever "um no sweetie" ever again I will get a fucking gypsie to curse you.

Christian military officers from Mesopotamia speaking a majority non-Muslim first language and recognizing no higher authority than the Mesopotamian bishops, 1918-1922

The hundred villages in Mesopotamia where they recruited thousands of Mesopotamian Christians speaking a majority non-Muslim first language: tyareh.org/maps.html

Cathedral for Mesopotamia Christians speaking a majority non-Muslim first language, finished 1981

This. The Ottomans never forced Christians to convert and they could live in their communities peacefully without any problems.

Bump

kill yourself sand nigger retard

Your entire post is wrong.

There was still massive Christian communities speaking in African-Romance in Tunisia up until the Late Middle Ages. Egypt's Christian population was majority Christian for centuries after the conquest. Zoroastrianism and Nestorian Christianity were powerful in Persia. There were still substantial non-Muslim minorities in the Levant and Mesopotamia up until the start of the 20th century.

>7th century Arabs and 15th century Turks were the same thing

Umm, no sweetie

>he actually believes this

well they did in the late ottoman balkans, those bosnians did not all convert right away and they have all those Muslims because of this event not just being taken over by turks

interesting, the Spaniards took part of tunisia so I wonder what those Christians thought of the roman catholic church because they were under the roman see back in the day but idk if they had kept contact from before the spanish came and after the western romans fell or if the byzantines changed something yuh know.

>movie made by balkanrapebabies
nice source

sweetie... gypsies are muslim

>Islam has a law where taxation is higher on heathens.
>Be surprised when it takes centuries for local rulers to actually convert their populations
It's all about that money honey

It took over 400 years for Persia to become "nominally" Islamic majority wise. That's not "5" minutes, user.

I HAVE A DREAM ! we give Arabs two choices : go back to Arabian peninsula and take back their savage religion or stay and die. there are no other solutions for north Africa to be a great place !

>heartland of Eastern Orthodoxy for a thousand years
Gee, I wonder

this except berber nationalists have a shitty pan magrebi flag, too many that are pro LGBT and the women are often thots oh and all the Jew loving shit like they are kurds are something. Maybe dark age tier christian theocracy is something that should be cooked up for magrebis

>Why?
Because you are a brainlet. Nominally, there is no compulsion in adopting Islam, and they did follow it for a fairly long time. Neither of those regions converted to Islam with any speed. Levant Converted while it was being absorbed into Arabic culture; Persia converted when it was overrun with Turkic Tribes and Muslim order became a core of National Liberation movement.
Greeks had a very high degree of national autonomy within the Ottoman Empire, and noone even tried to convert them to begin with.

ottomans didn't really bother with conversions
'pay the taxes and don't make too much noise' was their general approach to minorities

>There were still substantial non-Muslim minorities in the Levant and Mesopotamia up until the start of the 20th century.

The Nineveh Plains didn't stop bring majority non-Muslim. In fact it may have been bolstered in that regard in the early 20th century by the evacuation of thousands from Turkish Mesopotamia. Even after Saddam's northern campaigns it was majority Yezidi and Christian. But I. S. I. S. made them run, not necessarily to other countries, but from the densely non-Muslim areas.

I was unironically taught this by an old hippie woman of a professor.

Because orthodox Christians were the absolute majority inside the early ottoman empire, and the orthodox churches remained very powerful. So as an orthodox christian you didn't really have to convert.

They're all Catholic where I come from.

It took like 200 years to convert most of Persia and Mesopotamia, Egypt was majority christian until the late medieval ages, and Anatolia only became Muslim because of its resettlement by its Turk conquerors wheras the Balkans maintained their indigenous population.

Lol at this larper

Greece is not any random country, the weight of Byzantium lies behind it and a language that is millenia in the makind.

There were plenty of muslims inside Greece but they were repaid in kind with the same "kindness" the Turks showed to the Christians of Anatolia.

>It took like 200 years to convert most of Persia and Mesopotamia, Egypt was majority christian until the late medieval ages,

Persia and Mesopotamia took no less time for that than Egypt. Can Egyptians or Copts point out something like ? I don't think so.

Did you even try looking for information on this? 10 percent of Egyptians are Christian officially and to most sources there is no doubt the real numbers are far higher.

There wasn’t a Christian army in Egypt after WW1 like there was in Mesopotamia because Egypt wasn’t in the hands of the Turks. Even if it was, they would probably be incorporated into an Egyptian nationalist movement.

Christians formed at least 10% of tthe parts of Mesopotamia they natively lived in, such as Northern Iraq, until I. S. I. S.

Copts also are concentrated in one area where they are a above 10%.

You're asking if I've seen estimates about Copts when nothing you said conntradicts the fact that Copts speak a Muslim majority language while Mesopotamian Christians do not. That is relevant to the subject too, not just non-Muslim religion.

The level of military importance of the Christians in Mesopotamia being higher than the Copts is pre-Ottoman. They were at or near the top level of military and politics under the Ilkhanate, was it the same with Copts and Mamlukes?

>Christians formed at least 10% of tthe parts of Mesopotamia they natively lived in, such as Northern Iraq, until I. S. I. S.

well uh
>When George Bush, that wonderful Christian, decided to invade Iraq, Saint John Paul II warned him that it would cause “chaos.”

Bush brushed off the Pope, destroyed Iraq, opened wide the door to Pelosi and Obama, and then went into hiding.

He has never apologized to his fellow Christians, even though one Iraqi prelate, Patriarch Raphael Sako, tells an indifferent world that Bush’s wars accomplished what Moslems hadn’t been able to do for 1400 years — destroy Christianity in the Middle East.

Now Iraqi Father Douglas Bazi tells Catholics gathered at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Chaldean Catholic Church in Orangevale, California, that 1.8 million Iraqi Christians have been killed or driven from the country. Only some 200,000 are left.

Father Bazi himself was kidnapped and tortured by the Islamic State (the creation of which would have been impossible without President Bush’s enabling wars).

Political observers in both parties were amazed that, with a $100 million campaign fund and the entire establishment backing him, Jeb! couldn’t muster more than three percent of the vote. Even his brother’s diehard apocalyptic evangelicals abandoned him.

Why? Maybe they felt guilty. But George W. Bush apparently doesn’t — even his own brother repudiates him, but he will never, ever apologize.
ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/bushs-wars-accomplished-what-muslims-couldnt-do-in-1400-years

We left them on their own for centuries, will God forgive us?

Where this guys come from?

nope

thisWe're going straight to hell, m8

>actual opinion of a human being

did the blood wash off the pope's hands?