Alright user, let's get you toned. First up on our list of exercises is bodyweight squats...

Alright user, let's get you toned. First up on our list of exercises is bodyweight squats, this will help you build strong legs.

whoa there! that's enough squats for now, don't want you getting too bulky!

No no not that deep. That's bad for your knees.

Tone is an actual thing user, but if you really knew anything about anatomy you would have known that.

Tomorrow we are going to test you, we will put 45 lb plates on this squat bar. You sure you want to do it?

Let's jump right over to the hip abductor machine - no free weights, or you might hurt yourself!

> First time in the gym
> Read a few things about free weights online, no idea what I'm doing
> DYEL faggot trainer scheduled trial session with me
> "Hey user, so what's your goal?"
> Lose some weight, gain muscle
> "Great, let's start off with a warm up elliptical for 20 minutes"
> I refuse, he probably thinks I'm retarded
> "OK, let's get you a routine"
> Pulls out a standard routine based solely on machines
> "OK, you do each exercise with the lowest weight for 3 set with 20 reps. Do this for at least 4 weeks and then we'll see how we can improve your routine"
> Me doing this stupid routine for about a week, never feel any DOMS, never feel exhausted
> Fuck this shit, I'm going to research on this shit
> Find Veeky Forums, get a decent free weight routine
> Next time in gym in the free weights section
> DYEL trainer comes up to me and says: "user, you shouldn't start with the free weights, you will hurt yourself. IF you want to do weight training, go to the Smith machine."
> Nah man, thanks, I'm fine
>mfw when I catch him mirin my gainz 6 months later

shut the fuck up queer

kill yourself

I did NOT pay for a gym membership to do fucking BODYWEIGHT exercises, Marcus.

But user bodyweight squats are a good way for someone who has never worked out before to start.

he wants you to use machines because the gym's flow-rate will be higher with dyels on 15 machines and 20 cardio stations instead of them occupying the squat rack

>Marcus
This. Dunno how it's in burgerland but in poorope it's so lame calling someone by his first name just because he wears a name tag and demands to be called by hist first name right after meeting him

Do you think PTs endorse bitch weight machine splits so their clients won't sue if they snap their shit doing squats and deadlifts?

stfu EU shit

Well what the fuck else are you supposed to call them?

also it's much less effort than teaching people proper squat/deadlift form.

easier to say "just sit on the machine and give me 15 reps"

it's the dilemma of being a PT in a commercial gym.

risk vs reward

results vs no results

bad trainers with no-motivation clients need to "switch it up" to keep them from getting bored

whereas, motivated clients with good trainers understand that progressive loading + intrinsic motivation = success

That's a shame most trainers put their profit above actually helping someone.

Planet fitness is prime example, although no one buys planet fitness membership if he is serious about bettering himself.

Bullshit, everywhere I've been in Europe people call themselves by their first name.

Only retarded Germans call themselves shit like Herr Oberberger or whatever

>"Alright, so your workout plan will be 12 sets of Free Pizza each Friday for 4 weeks, after that we will see whether you can move on to Bagels"

>>"Alright, so your workout plan will be 12 sets of Free Pizza each Friday for 4 weeks, after that we will see whether you can move on to Bagels"

Fucking hell joined a gym to lose weight
Was on the same 3x20 and hired a P.T. Because I was a noob

Fucking hell it was shit but I ain't complaining because my goal was for loss and I lost 45lbs but still have some regrets
>Hey let's do 3x20 of each
> Back-biceps, chest-shoulder-triceps, and legs split is good for you
> Squat on Smith machine it's safer
Do you know how much I was squatting after 6 months? Fucking 1pl8XDlmao fucking bullshit
And he wouldn't stop bothering me about renewing membership and hiring him as a P.T.
I changed gyms it was too expensive anyway
Why do they do this?

Because money.

>chest-shoulder-triceps

In one session? Dafuq
Even a PT has to know this is just retarded.

I only did machines brah. And dumbbells
He made me do bench press only once in the 6 months

As a PT, you stop giving a shit after week one.

The guys who were actually going to make it will probably take initiative, do their own research, and succeed anyway.

The guys who follow your bullshit and "tone" were probably doomed to start with.

Tone is the amount of "flexing" at rest, right?

Ever heard for PPL dumbfuck?

Actually no I haven't because I want to make progress and not be a fat fuck.

>I want to make progress and not be a fat fuck.
you should try PPL then

yes sir, think of it as resting muscle tension.

>pic related

You should of told him straight from the start you wanted to use free weights. You only wasted your own time and money gay lord