QTDDTOT

Just wondering, when it becomes okay to wear a tank or wife beater to the gym. So far I've only been wearing t shirts and hoodies. But during ohp or bench I wish I had a sleeveless shirt.

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Lists/WorkoutMenu.html
lookgreatnaked.com/blog/are-squats-all-you-need-to-maximize-hamstrings-development/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kind of never if u dont want to radiate the "IM A HUGE JERK" vibe

Where it whenever you want, don't fall for any memes. Honestly no one gives a fuck about what you do at the gym and anyone who does is prob a faggot anyways.

how much would doing 3x5 with 8kg added of ring dips equal to fixed parallel bar normal dips? There is no option for ring dips in symmetricstrength.com

A-Am I getting stretchmarks? I just noticed these on both shoulders.

Should I slow down?

looks like a scratch

I began SS today but I couldn't fill an hour of exercise with only 5 exercises, which seemed counterproductive. I feel like the breaks that I take between sets are normal (around a 30-60s). I even did 5x5 instead of 3x5 since I wanted to get acquainted with the movements instead of a oneway trip to disc slip city. I just hopped on a treadmill to do some cardio now in the time I had left but I felt like I could have done more actual lifts.

Is this how it's supposed to be? Or is it ok to add exercises that train muscles that haven't been strained that much (e.g. calves)? I know the sticky discourages it but it feels like a waste to leave the gym after 40 minutes while you're still hyped and energetic

Wich 2 day Split routine is better
Push/pull
upper/lower
Torso/legs and arms
exrx.net/Lists/WorkoutMenu.html
Pic related

What routine should I go with for aesthetics. I don't give a fuck about being strong, just looking good.

I guess you know the optimal time to spend at the gym then?

I don't know what would equal what, but if you want to do rings do rings. A dip would be a dip as far as I'm concerned.

4-6 reps is best for natty aesthetics. Just look at the routines from the sticky, make your own variation out of them, squat three times a week with raising the weight slower than you could to avoid trex

I just wanted to analyze my symmetric strenght, also ring dips are way harder than fixed parallel dips, so I just wondered how much more would I lift on those if I do 3x5 with 8kg on rings.

I get what you are saying, but you are asking a question that nobody could answer unless they do both often. It would be easier to just switch to reg dips for a workout and see where you are at.

Not saying I do but it just seems wrong to leave the gym while I have strength/energy left. How much time do you spend on your average lifting session user? I don't really have any sense for what is normal

Is it good to exercise whenever you can or just on schedule? I'm unemployed so I have a lot of free time, but idk if it will be harmful to exercise all the time.

What does trex means?

SS victim. nigger

I'm not , but I assume it's big body, tiny arms.

I'm a weakass womanlet that can't progress because I have a shit grip.

Tried to do deadlifts today but my hands and arms couldn't hold the barbell.

How can I fix this? Is there anyway to fix this? I want to do RDL and Goblet Squats without using the smith machine but my hands can't hold lots of weight for a long time.

Sorry about my english.

Tfw home gym master race and can wear whatever the fuck I want

get grips or chalk

Do farmers walks, I guess. Build your grip strength.

use mixed grip: one hand palm facing you, one hand palm in the other direction

Or use less weight

Or use chalk

Or use gloves

Wait till the weight actually gets heavy and your problem will go away.

Just take the barbell without weight/with very little weight and try to hold it as long as possible (in an overhand grip), repeat a couple of times until theres some decent soreness. Or hang from a pull up bar.

It's way more important to stick to a routine and progress than worry about your time spent at the gym. Take the time needed to hit your weight and rep range each time.

Personally I would say 45min to an 1hr, but each person has different goals, and believes there are different ways to reach those goals. I do one heavy compound (30-45min), and 2-3 accessory exercises after (15min).

Just do exercises that test your grip like and then chip-ups or pull ups should help

Hey Veeky Forums!

I have two running related questions and there are no running thread at the moment.

First: how do you run for an hour without peeing in the middle? I might drink too much before I run (300ml of coffee and 100mL of milk, I run one hour after my breakfast) But heck I have to stop at least once to pee if I run for an hour. And I can barely hold myself when I run for only 40 minutes. How do you guys do it?

Second question is about layers of clothes when running. It's getting colder in the morning. With only a shirt I'm freezing for the first 10 minutes, but if I add a zip vest then by the end of the session I'm way to hot. How do you master the art of layering?

1. For me, coffee is a pretty strong diuretic, maybe don't drink it before a run to see if anything changes. I usually just hold it in honestly.
2. Use something like a breathable longsleeve and a shirt. You should be freezing for the first few minutes, it's pretty normal. Also look at what kind of pants you wear, if it's something cotton based then no wonder you're overheating.

starting greyskull; need accessory exercises

A: Bench 3x5; Curls 2x10-12; Squat 3x5; Dips 2xfailure
B: Press 3x5; Chin-up 2x6-8; Deadlift 1x5

do dips belong on A; what accessory can i add to B to keep the routine symmetrical?

I use synthetic loose shorts for pants, so no problem from there.

And I'll try for the coffee, though that mean I won't benefit from caffeine during the run.

Thanks!

Can you get visible abs with diet and cardio alone? And ab exercises ofc

>diet, cardio, and ab exercises
What does that even mean? You literally listed everything. You can do it with diet alone, and IMO the ab exercises are unnecessary if you are doing compounds.

Is my mates minimalist routine balanced? Will he become a T Rex?

AxAxAxx

Weighted Pull ups
Weighted dips
Squats

Can't recall his rep scheme but assume it's the standard 3x10 each exercise. Please respond. There might still be time to save him

Depends on your musculature level. If you're Auschwitz mode, no. You need at least a basic muscle foundation. Then, with a low body fat (cardio isn't mandatory. Though it helps greatly, all that matter is the caloric deficit in the end), you should get some "ottermode" abs (between 8~12%).

What kind of body weight exercises should I be doing on my cardio days? I don't know many kinds of exercises besides crunches, is there anything better for abs?

How do I achieve this body? Do I even need to lift?

How about no body weight exercises.

Depends on your genetics, but probably not.

he'll end up with bad knees if he doesn't work hammies properly too (ie deadlift)
he might need to do overhead work to stop delts laggin and if he wants healthy shoulders he should do a row as well (opposing motion to bench) also makes that upper mid back and rear delts joocy
i'd chuck in arm isos too just to make sure they don't lag

are SARMS bs?

A squat hits hamstrings very well, might want to check your form

Ive just moved to Holland for a job. Im loading trucks with tires for 40hours a week which is killing my back, biceps and forearms. 180cm/80kg/24years
How much peanut butter can I eat before i die?

Thanks

Bumping for more answers

Never going to kill you

IIFYM master race

Im looking to improve my diet with
oats
kwark or greek yogurt
tomatoes/broccoli
veggies in general
eggs
for the remaining 4 days. No twaróg or kiełbasa is making my proton intake shit. At least weed is cheap and easily obtainable.

"Hamstrings activation during the squat has been shown to be only 27% of maximal voluntary isometric contraction. This led the author of the study to conclude, “Thus the squat is not an optimal exercise for training the hamstrings.”

Okay, so maybe you don’t put much stock in muscle activation and want to put forth the argument that hypertrophy is all that matters. Fair enough. A study by Weiss et al provides direct evidence that squats don’t do much for hamstrings muscle growth. Subjects performed four sets of squats to approximately parallel depth using either a low, medium, or high rep range. Training was carried out 3 days a week for 7 weeks. At the end of the study, results showed significant increases in hypertrophy of the quads for all conditions studied. The hammies: no changes from baseline seen in any of the conditions.

Bottom line: If you want to maximize hamstrings development, you need to incorporate single-joint exercises that directly target the musculature into your routine. Both exercises originating at the hip joint (SLDL, good morning, etc) and exercises originating at the knee (leg curls) are viable choices. Ideally, both types of movements should be combined to optimize growth of the muscle complex."

source:
lookgreatnaked.com/blog/are-squats-all-you-need-to-maximize-hamstrings-development/

That study doesn't seem to include low bar though. They do hit your hamstrings, just not as much as you could.

Same for deadlifts though too. Even good mornings and leg curls aren't the best.

If you want a bigger arse and hamstrings then you do bb hip thrusts and glute bridges. I think there's only one exercise above these two for ham development but I forget what it is.

Wich 2 days Split routine is better for a dumbbells only routine
>push/pull
>upper/lower
>Torso/legs e arms
I was thinking of domeBing like

>ABXABX and so on
And also im going to start talking creatine will it affect my abs on the long term nas should i take it everyday or only on working out days

yeah i was assuming most people squat high bar
yeah glute bridges / hip thrusts are pretty top tier but in terms of minimalistic workouts i think deads are better just because they work posterior chain + traps + core +forearms tonnes

For sure. I'm just saying that in the chance you get one workout to hit a muscle group that you should do hip thrusts or glute bridges over something else. Especially considering he's doing nothing or very little for his backside.

Doesn't effect me since I do deads and cleans a day before squats and glute bridges but yeah.

What are back snaps? I see the back snap gorilla image all the time, but I have no idea what it means. Do we want back snaps?

Pic related

Whenever you want. Why do you care what other people you don't know think about you?

I can help you work on your grip with my bar.

Whenever you want. You're an adult and you can make decisions for yourself famalam.

Hey Veeky Forums

I didn't lose any weight the last two weeks despite an obsessively measured 800 cal deficit but two of my lifts progressed. Could this mean anything?

Two questions

I'm poor but my friends got me enough money for some shoes, I jog and also lift (but just started some months ago). There aren't stores that sell lifting shoes in my shithole country.

Should I just buy normal Nikes for running and chucks for lifting? Which one would be a priority?

Also, I'm trying to lose weight, but it's hard for me to get enough protein, is whey protein a good investment in this case?

chucks are a good choice for novice lifting, though basically everywhere I'm convinced that Nike is a shit brand based only on marketing.

Highest paying labor job?

Seems all i'm good for is slave work and using my body for money. About to drop out of college because I'm just to stupid for it and am wasting my time and money on it. Have always known I wasn't meant for college since early highschool but my parents are the typical "only way to succeed is education" and forced me into it. I would love to get an education but I really just am not meant for it. They don't understand that I just don't have the IQ for it. I struggle in everything even when i'm studying almost all day everyday and all the other kids just fly by with no effort and go partying almost every night.

Have no friends obviously or anyone to talk about it with...please help

I said nikes as an example, I guess running shoes is more accurate.
Now that I think about it I got some chucks in my closet I never used because they were too tight, will try to loose them up.

Which kind of running shoe is the best? I have no idea about shoes and the styles and whatever, which kind of running shoe is the best kind?

Once you start lifting heavier your rest periods will be about 3 minutes.

I spend a couple of hours in the gym though since I like to fuck about with accessories

Alright, I've got this for thursdays-sundays. Am I lacking something obvious?

running shoes is entirely dependent on your type of foot. Obviously you want something with some cushion for your feet, but it also should fit you well.

For example, I use new balance because I've got wide-as-fuck feet.

Trades. I was in the same situation as you last year. Starting trade school next year.

Low bar doesn't have a massive difference in activation of hamstrings otherwise you'd see competition powerlifters with strong deadlifts only low bar squatting,which isn't the case

Whats a good way to relieve DOMS on quads? My work involves me running around back and forth and I don't think I can do it with how much sore it is.

Get into HVAC mate

Time. Doms will only affect you for a couple of weeks at most

HMB also stops it too

I see everywhere that reaching 1/2/3/4 plates is a good mark for ending begginer stage into intermediate.
But is it 1RM? or 1/2/3/4 plates for X (probably 5) reps?

Which trade are you going into? I was looking into welding or underwater welding they seem to pay a lot and I think will continue to be in high demand because technology and machinery will continue to rise. How hard would that be to learn for someone that's never done any of that?

Also, I managed to convince my parents to let me take a year off of school last year so I just worked in a warehouse and was one of the top 5 employees there until I left. I know I have the work ethic and dedication to succeed in something but I have no brains.

I will look into that right now I know nothing about it. Thanks for replying

bodyweight squats
serious answer, at first youll be only to descend a few inches and need to hold onto something so you dont fall back, but after 10-20 "reps" you should be able to do them full rom without any pain

i think you replied to the wrong guy

What do I put on the TDEE calculator on exercise ?
I lift 3x week and heard you should put sedentary but I also do 3x week box and I feel I burn a lot of kcals there so I got no clue and I don't want to go over a 500 deficit

Fug, let me try again.

When I do bicep/tricep accessories I feel like I can go on forever. My workouts last forever. When I do my biceps and triceps because they never get tired. I can do endless sets at high weights. How do I make my workouts shorter? Going heavier on curls hurts my wrists. Should I feel fatigued?

bodyweight squats
serious answer, at first youll be only to descend a few inches and need to hold onto something so you dont fall back, but after 10-20 "reps" you should be able to do them full rom without any pain

exercise calculators aren't accurate. If you're sure that you burn a lot, eat at 600 over your sedentary TDEE. If you gain at a rate of 1lb/week after two weeks, great. If not, add more calories.

I want to lose though

I'm 177cm and 70kg and I'm calculating a TDEE of 2500 to maintain so eating at 2k

Im currently doing only pullups and rows on pull day and i would like to add one more exercise but which one?
Cant do deadlifts because of gym policy and gym is cheap and close by so i wont go to another one.

Then don't use an exercise calculator, as you want to be losing even when you're not doing anything.

Do vacuums help in reducing waist size or is this bioscience?

Try doing sets of endless reps instead

Biceps

>pull day
found your problem

Everytime I squat my knees clunk. No matter if with or without weight. Form is good. This makes squatting really uncomfortable and kills the fun.

What is this and how can i fix it?

Why? Won't I end up just doing the same amount of work and taking the same amount of time?

is smoked salmon good?
heard that the process, smoking, causes/makes it cancerous(is is true like processed meat or a meme)

A lot of dieters and fitness personalities recommend IF on a cut. However I've also read that not eating every few hours puts your body into a catabolic state where it assumes it's starving, and it starts eating your protein and muscle mass. Is that true? And if so why the fuck would you do IF?

just eat at a deficit

why need to meme it out to achieve same results?

bro split my friend

I'm not doing IF because I don't see the point. I just am curious whether people who recommend it are ignoring that it can cause catabolism, or if catabolism is greatly exaggerated by the "eat every few hours" crowd.

I think I pulled a muscle on the right side of my waist. It's uncomfortable every time I move a certain way.

Is this an acceptable excuse to not run today or am I pussing out too easy?

Hey my main mans.

I was wondering if squatting is easier on the knees than legpressing.
On legpress right now i can't feel the quads or the hamstrings but my knees hurt like hell from years of being a fatty, so i can't raise the weight.

Any tips?

So, I hit a hard spot where I can't go below 70 kg, ideal weight is 64
I already cut everything unhealthy from my diet and run 39 minutes a day
What should I do to lose those 6kg?

Do more reps per set dingus, you dont get tired because you are not putting any intensity into it.

Is it normal that SL 5x5 can take up to 2 hours?

My workouts got longer and longer.
Breakdown:
Squat: 35 minutes
warmup sets: 10 minutes (includes changing safeties, getting a bar etc.)
5 sets: 25 minutes (I have to pause 4:30+ so that I can do all reps)

Bench: 30 minutes
warmup: 10 minutes
5 sets: 20 minutes

Row: 30 minutes
warmup: 10 minutes
5 sets: 20 minutes

Dips 5xF
20 minutes

With everyone always proclaiming loudly 'if your workout takes longer than 45 minutes, you're doing it wrong' I became a little doubtful if what I do is right.

Also, when can I expect to fail on my progressive overloading on Squat and DL?

Read the sticky

Yeah but it still hits the quads harder

Dont worry, soon enough youll be complaining that they take too long like