What are the REAL standards for weighted chinups...

What are the REAL standards for weighted chinups? Last time at the gym i tried them with 1pl8 at 150 lbs bodyweight and i managed to do only 5 reps and it was really hard. I never saw anyone at my gym doing weighted chinups or pullups.

1 pl8 for 5 is ok
2pl8 for 5 is good

Haven't seen many people doing them here too. I was actually surprised that my gym owns the belt and chain for them.

My stats for "weighted calisthenic" movements are
>4x5 +10kg dips
>3x5 +5kg pullups

I'm really happy about dips mainly, because I stopped lifting for over a year because of shoulder injury and pain. My lats are piss weak tho, and I think I have problems activating them in pullups.

I chinup with 40kg for reps and dip 50kg for reps at 90kg bodyweight ama

op here

i did recently 50kg dips for 10 reps but my body is not built for dips because i get sternum pain immediately. Im wondering about the chinups because it was really fucking hard with only one plate while sites like symmetricstrength tells me i should do that for 10 reps at least to get on mediocre level for my body weight.

>doing weighted dips with shit form
>my body wasn't made for this

Not gonna

+20kg weighted Pullups for 5
+15kg weighted Chinups for 7
+10kg weighted Dips for 6

@91kg bw

i tried every possible form and it still hurts my sternum

+25g weighted dips 7 reps
+20kg weighted chinups 5 reps

bodyweight 63kg

half your bw in plates is the basic target

how many reps?

not that guy but I used to love weighted dips, got up to 135 lbs added @ 195 lbs bodyweight.

Then I started feeling like I was having a heart attack all the time. Dips give my costochondritis like nothing else.

Such a shame because they used to be my favorite push exercise.

Nice way to build strength. Not man people do them because not many people can even do pull ups. At my gym some roided up curl bros asked me how many normal pull ups I could do. I did 27 and they were all impressed. One jumped up there and did one half ass rep and just said no way bro.

Thats what happens when you only work pull downs. Anyway I was doing 5x5 with 90lbs at 185lb body weight. I moved on to one arm pull ups now.

I am 25 years old, 6'1 and can't do a single pull up

I weigh 94 kg, I lost 6kg in 2 months without doing anything other than running 5ks every other day

I joined the gym recently only to find out what a weak piece of shit I really am. Do you think it's possible for me to manage 10 pull ups by the end of 2016?

Start doing ten reps of slow controlled negatives now every other day. Test before your workout how many pull ups you can do. Slowly replace negatives with pull ups until you rep 10 pull ups.

So 1 pull up and you do 9 negatives 2 pull ups 8 negatives and ect. You probably wont make it by the end of the year unless really do them every other day.

thanks bro, I will do my best

I do sets of 5 with 110lb (200lb bw), but I haven't seen anyone else do that in my gym. Mostly guys do 30-40lb tops.

try contracting your scapula a few times while hanging from the bar as a warm up

that makes me remember how i always had to really flex my chest when finishing my dips reps 2 years ago or i would have get this pain in my chest.
Now its just gone and i can do dips all i want without pain problems. Maybe its just stabilisator muscles or something that has to build up or that has to get used to it?

My highest was Dips 45kgx5 or 55kgx1 on 53kg bodyweight and pullups 25x5.

97kg bw

30kg dips 10 reps
15kg pullups 8 reps
20kg chins 6 reps