Machines

I'm new to fitness. Read the sticky a while back so may have missed the machine section.

In short, if I follow the main principles of sticky -
Track calories, progressive overload etc, will there be a massive difference if I choose to use mainly machines, in my results? Only in it for the aesthetics and to stay healthy/fit. Any BIG dangers to machines that make them absolutely not viable?

Pic unrelated. Just finished this game again for 3rd time. Decided to lift for her.

If you're not even going to make an effort to read, how delusional are you that you think you are going to lift after this 15 minutes of motivation passes?

>how delusional are you that you think you are going to lift after this 15 minutes of motivation passes?
Not OP, but that is a good question. How does everyone on Veeky Forums stay motivated? Does anyone do things besides track your stats? Get a friend to help motivate? Go running or exercising with a group?

Pussy.

Oh are machines mentioned on the sticky? I'll go check right now. Well who knows if I'll stick to it regardless of motivation. Never done it before.

>motivation
kek, just go and it fgt, do you also need motivation to take a bath or brush your teeth?

Okay forget the girl. Or my motivation. I tend not to quit things I start, such as guitar etc. Anyway... discuss machines. Is there any reason they wouldn't give me the same results as free weights? Visual results I mean

Free weights are objectively superior to machines. Machines are ONLY for old or injured people for whom free weights might actually pose a safety issue.

The last part makes sense. But why are they superior? Stabiliser muscles? Are you saying that I'd get better visual results using free weights vs machines?

use this machine for max gains

I'm saving that first sip for my cheat days user.

They are not superior, they are only more efficient timewise because compounds allow you to hit multiple muscles at once whereas more machines are designed to isolate a single muscle, but as long as you hit all the muscles and increase the weight/volume overtime your exercise selection doesnt really matters

Exactly the answer I was looking for thanks

>will there be a massive difference

No

Thanks good sir, this is for you

Are you just looking for excuses to use machines because they're easy?

Tbh yeah... also I've heard they're more readily available. Less waiting. I know strength and size mostly go hand in hand but I'm only going for aesthetics. So what does it matter if my journey is a little easier right? Hehe.

fuck motivation, its arr about disciprine

Machines are for pussys that don't know what they're doing. Free weights are for men.

Also, find some different motivation. That last rep isn't going to get done for a video game.

Most motivations seem fleeting and temporary. I ultimately planned to make lifting a habit and get motivated now and again by my mirror once in a blue moo. Though Elizabeth will always be my waifu.

Can a pussy still reach a solid aesthetic body using his weak ass machines? When people ask if I lift I'll say yes. Little will they know I use machines ;)

I want to fug youre waifu

If you need motivation to lift you should choose a sport thats fun for you, lifting clearly isnt

I just don't know why you wouldn't use free weights. They're not the boogie man. You'd end up using three machines just to do what you would be doing with one excercise in free weights.

Don't make me unsheath my katana...

You wont gain much on machines. In theory it should be the same aestheticwise but it isnt. I did 1 year on machines, zero gains, started free weights, results in 2 month. I cant explain it but ive done machine only for a long time, and i know not many people here used machines only, so trust me, they only work in theory

You're obviously too lazy to work for some good results, looking for the easy way out before even starting. Mediocre effort results in a mediocre body. And you'll get bored and quit before your body can change too much anyway, because machines are BORING.

Well I wasn't very specific. I was just planning on using
>Chest press machine
>Squat machine
>Row machine

Then hit the free weights for military press, hamstring curls and whatever remaining isolations. Since I'm a beginner it's not many exercises I'll have to do any way. Also I'll be doing pull ups.

Do rows on cable and maybe chest too

Damn... I guess free weights are the only way. Not risking wasting a year. Thanks for chiming in.

Damn I'm getting roasted. Time to run back over the hill to Reddit. Away I go, catch me if you can!

>catch me if you can!
Shouldn't be too hard, you'd pick a treadmill over running outside too.

I wouldn't pick running at all plebeian . Swimming is clearly the most superior cardio ever.

Just fucking do it. There's no magic word, no miracle motivation. Just DO it

Have you heard that Shia might get cast as Jason Todd?

Guise this is onviously bait. Stop giving this faggot attention.

I obsess over it enough that I just keep doing it. Constantly researching, eating and going to Veeky Forums keep it stuck in my head. Enough time thinking about it makes me want to do it.