What does Veeky Forums think of this book?

What do you think Veeky Forums? Is it the bodybuilding bible or is it a waste of time if I'm not juicing?

SS is the only book you will EVER need

Bump

Got it
It's god tier
All info is available on the web now
But I like to have everything in one place

100% false

So you got good results?

Fuck no dude, I don't lift weights.

Yes. Although I should also say that I'm literally Arnold Schwarzenegger posting this from California

your son is a bitch

A LOT of prime 70s-80s bodybuikding broscience
And a lot of bb history

I recommend it just for fun, but take most of the actual advice there with a grain of salt

My fiance got it for me for Christmas 2 tears ago, one of the best things you could use, I still use it to brush up on things and find things I may have missed. There's all kinds of great information in that book. I had great results in the meal plan ideas in there, plenty of good workouts. Fantastic buy.

Obviously it's b8 senpai.

Is the argument against this advice that it's less efficient than modern training methods? It's can't be that it's ineffective, since they clearly got results.

To be honest 'bro science' works; just not for the reasons they thought it did. They were doing the right things but in round-about ways. So, if you stick with traditional bro-science it's not like you AREN'T going to get results, it's just not something you have to do.

For example for people that have trouble keeping up with eating, the bro-science of 'eat many small meals throughout the day' could actually be beneficial; not for the reasons originally thought but simply because it keeps to eating and on a disciplined schedule.

Same with 'have to karate chop my way through crowds of infants to get home and eat during my "protein window"'. We now know this is not a thing scientifically but it still helps keep you on that disciplined schedule and getting your protein/food/shake/whatever in.

It's a nice picture book OP

They were also training at a time when you could buy whatever gear you wanted over the counter.

No they weren't. Read Total Recall and it talks about how they went about using steroids; they essentially got it prescribed to them. To bad 'testosterone replacement therapy' clinics don't do that anymore :( (if they ever did); they just give baby-doses to the point where I'm skeptical it's not just a placebo scam.

Kek

Ya but Arnold is known to be a liar re: his training techniques. Also as he got in to politics he changed his stories about what went on back in the day.

Oh I know, and I don't blame him (along with pro-bodybuilders) about that, but that's why I was impressed he even talked about it at all.

Why would it make a difference if it was over-the-counter or doctor prescribed really? Je: why change the story? Did you read something that made you think otherwise?

I fully am aware that bodybuilders have to be pretty lame about their steroid-admission often (with some exceptions) but you have to base things on some kind of information I guess.

And most certainly a bullshit artist regarding his gear usage. Anyone who claims to only use going in to a contest and to only use Dbol for that purpose is either dumb or lying.

If they're doing 'testosterone replacement', why on earth would you expect them to prescribe supraphysiological doses?

>If they're doing 'testosterone replacement', why on earth would you expect them to prescribe supraphysiological doses?

Because the 'replacement' thing is absolute bullshit and the clinics are littered with photographs of bodybuilders, athletes, etc.?

It's pretty much equivalent to medical marijuana in the way you get it 'prescribed'.

Keep in mind I approve of this, just wish they would up the dose to actual effective levels for what they promote.

I haven't tried any of the routines outlined in the book but it's still a good read. The nutrition section in particular was pretty helpful to me when I was starting out.

You son of a bitch!