Gym Thread

Who here is actually in a power/Olympic/strongman gym?

I joined one recently even though I'm DYEL as fuck, and it's the best thing ever.

>First day
>Owner is there with some other stronk mofos
>I'm just a fat dyel
>All nice as fuck, doesn't even check to see if I have a membership or not (paid online)
>Dadrock and metal playing
>4 squat racks, 4 platforms, 2 benches, bunch of strongman equipment
>Do my lifts shit and get out

Went there today, not a single person there. Felt fucking good, like my own home gym. Going to post some pics.

Do Americans have flag everywhere?

What state you in? I trane

Section for weighted sled pulls/pushes, tire flips, carries, whatever requires forward movement.

>Not having a FREEDOM dose wherever and whenever you possibly can

Next time you're there alone put a tire on each of your limps and pretend you're a car

Commiefornia.

The tires are heavy as fuck. I'd have to use the little ones.
the largest is like 700lbs+

Rules of the gym.

Belts

where in cali?

Atlas stones

building a home gym. Can I take the wheels off my ford fusion for tire deadlifts?

What's the name of the gym I want to say I've trained there before cause parts of it look really familiar but other parts don't but maybe they got new equipment

This should tell you if you have or not. Wifi password.

I'm fucking jelly, I'm absolutely sure there's not a single gym in my entire country that comes close to that.

>being a jewmerican

haha mutilated dick slave pls die

I'm guessing its untamed strength

Yep, pretty sweet so far. Owner is awesome.

Where at? There are only two like this within easy driving distance here.

Eurocuck detected, are you jealous of our FREEDOM?

I live in mexico city and can't even find a gym that has bumper plates to practice the oly lifts, let alone all the other shit that's in your pictures. hell, i've never even seen anyone squat more than 2 plates or so, but we have curlbros for days

Just joined a new gym this week, coming from a shitty commercial gym

This is the owner

It's small and messy, but it has 4 racks/platforms, bumper plates, a GHR, tires in the parking lot, etc. Pretty neat.

No

And of course, my favorite feature of the gym

It's alright, I went to a commercial gym for ages and could never find the motivation. That garbage atmosphere, 1 platform, 1 squat rack, 8 benches. What the fuck
One look at this place and I decided to join.

Hell yeah

It's pretty pathetic, isn't it? It just screams insecurity. I'm glad we don't anything like it here in Australia.

The owner is Allan thrall right? I've competed against him a couple times he's a really cool guy

Yeah, I was convinced to join after watching his videos. It's everything I've ever wanted in a gym.

No, our rednecks just get it (or the southern cross) inked on instead.

Yeah I go to a gym that has a lot of strongman shit but it's more centered around powerlifting so we have a shit ton of Squat racks and Deadlift platforms

>Implying there is anything to be proud of in fucking Australia
Garbage internet, garbage laws, garbage politics, garbage people. Spooky fucking wildlife, giant spiders, thinned ozone layer.

You even have your own brand of fucking garbage human. Your slang is some of the worst I've ever heard, like Maccas for McDonalds.

Terrible. Worse than the southern hick shit we have in Murrica.

Americans are fucking crazy about their (our) flag. Google flag burning or flag stomping and see the fucking rage.

Personally I don't see what the big deal is. Piss on the flag if you like, I don't give a shit as long as it's yours. For fuck's sake, it's one of the freedoms that it's supposed to represent.

reverse fuck off we're full psychology works I see

You mad?

Yes, worst country I've ever had to live in. I'll never step foot in that forsaken land ever again.

I seriously doubt you ever lived here.

I lived there for a year. The only good thing about it was the beaches.
The timezone difference was really shit too.

Yeah, whatever.

Last one.
feels like I might actually make it here

Do they let you use squat plugs

Russia is not Europe, we are mongol

Have portrait of Putin at the place

Is this the new untamed strength?

I'm already liking this place. Cost/mo?

And why the rack pull rule?

It's required.

Yeah

First 6 months for $40/m, if you pay in one go. Which I did.
Normally $60
$80 for VIP (key to the gym) which I might do once I'm not dyel or when my work schedule gets fucked.
Pretty expensive but I was paying $50/m for a commercial gym anyway. This has way better atmosphere and more of the shit I want.

Rack pull rule sounds like it's from someone breaking barbells or safety spotters.

$40/mo is amazing for a gym this specialized and well equipped. Happy gains man.

Get fucked m8.

fellow chilango here, the only gyms with bumper plates that've seen are the crosfit ones. currently going to my uni gym (it's shit but it has the basics)

Rack pulls are known for bending barbells

What uni?

unam

I went there the last year its pretty bad, just get a membership to a better gym

What is that lion stone?

Husafel stone, by the looks of it. Or at least a hollow version meant to be loadable (the traditional ones are solid blocks of concrete same as atlas stones). It's used for loading/carrying events in strongman.

it's a hussafell stone, it's its own event.

I'm so jelly I wish I had a strongman type gym near me

It's empty inside and it can fit plates. You can add some plates to it to carry/run with.

So jelly. Your gonna make it with a gym and support like that

I hope so. First time in years I've really wanted to lift. I fixed my diet a few months ago but couldn't commit to a gym till now.

how do you even find one of these gyms in your area? That looks like a pretty comfy place to lift, compared to the typical commercial shit.

Typed in "powerlifting" or "lifting gym" in to google maps.
Before that I just typed gym and picked through all the gyms in the area. It's worth doing some research.

Oh shit bruh. You're in Mark Bell country.
Out in Davis myself rockin dat school gym.
10 power racks and 3 benches, nowhere near enough.

"Death Alley" in my gym in *deep* South TX.

Tires from 100lbs to 1000lbs. Prowler Sled inside.

We also have dumbbells that go to 180 lbs.

A GHR. Eight 100lbs plates. A gazillion attachment handles to the pulleys....

And.... an individual leg press via Nautilus circa 1980....

>booom

You're ~40min away. School gym sounds nice but it seems like it'd always be packed.

Looks sweet.

>auburn blvd
is this gym in Sacramento by chance?

Yep

never mind

>not playing spin the goon with sheilas
>not going to work in thongs and shorts
>not riding cangaroo long distances
>not having quality meat pies for whatever meal you feel like
>not having a 4am kebab with garlic sauce
>not making random cunts mates
>not basking in the Great Australian Fuck All (GAFFA)
>not getting pissed on Queens birthday
>not taking the piss out of all other countries

This bloke is right, you would've made a terrible fkn Strayan. Good riddance cunt

Got a dirty, cluttered, hot, and no fucks given gym very close to my home. They've got a thousand weight machines and there's 3 functioning cardio machines out of 10, but it sure as fuck isn't packed with commercial gym goers.

I go to a powerlifter/old school bodybuilding gym. Sadly most of the really big guys left and started a new one further out, but that only makes it more perfect for my purposes.

Lots of squat racks, heavybag, tons of room, cheap price, 24 hour access. Good shit. Could never go back to Anytime.

It's mostly a tennis club that my father has a family membership to. The weights section is moderate in size and has all the essentials as well as a fair amount of machines for newbies to make a circuit out of. What I've found out as I've gone to other gyms is that my gym having towels for both workout out and larger shower towels is bassed, they have spray deodorant, hair spray, lotion, and soap in the showers. I didn't realize all of that was a luxury, but it is. The weights room is mostly empty during non-peak hours. They've watched me go from a 210 pound chubbyfat to not fat noobgains in this past 1.5 years so now they're warmer to me.

>1 power rack
>1 squat rack
>3 different leg press machines
>1 smith machine
>2 benches
>2 incline benches
>1 decline
>a shit ton of machines

who /SmallFamilyOwnedGym/ here?
>parents have been members since the 90s
>remember spending childhood memeing with legos while cardio bunny mom worked out
>brother and I added on to membership in middle school
>lift on and off there throughout teenage years
>gym moved to larger industrial park building a few years ago
>nicer, but still managed to maintain that cozy gym feel
>23 now and currently lifting 6-days a week
>go to gyms around same time everyday
>shoot the shit with other regulars, some that I have even known since I was a kid
>comfy.jpg
I might be moving 2 hours away for wageslaving soon, going to try to convince my parents to keep me on the membership so I can lift when I come home to visit

Sounds comfy as fuck.

I go to a USAPL/Strongman/weightlifting gym in Maryland.

It's a lot better than commercial gyms. No unsolicited advice, everyone squats deep.

Rack pulls have a tendency to bend barbells no matter how careful you are with them, so savvy gym owners will ask you to use pre-bent ones.

that carpet reminds me of a movie theater I once went to

I have to admit, it's pretty rare to see a USAPL-affiliated gym that's cool with having Strongman trainees around.

That's Alan thrall gym

>thread makes me realize i've never actually looked to see if there's a "real" gym near me
>find out there is one, looks pretty gud
>consider switching from my 24h fitness gym
>remember that the new gym wouldn't have a sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, or pool

Fuaaaark. Tough choices.