Lets talk alcohol Veeky Forums

Lets talk alcohol Veeky Forums

What's sort of effect does alcohol have on muscle gain?

How much do you drink? How often?

What is your drink of choice?

If you're sober, how long have you been sober for?

Pic related, my go to

Mostly I stick to liquor these days. Usually put a shot of brandy in my afternoon tea.

I've noticed no negative effects.

>What's sort of effect does alcohol have on muscle gain?
none as long as you arent binging every day

>How much do you drink? How often?
a couple drinks a day, every day

>What is your drink of choice?
chimay blue

>If you're sober, how long have you been sober for?
ive gone several months without drinking before

>Coopers
Nigga that's comfy
QLD?

Can be pretty negative depending on how often you drink it, and how much
Usually twice a week, sometimes 3 now that hand egg has started. Generally will have about 375ml (on drinking days) of vodka and it does the trick. Also depends if I am traveling for work or if work buddies want to hang out
Vodka + Sunny D or Rum and Diet coke/ginger ale
I generally go Sunday-Thursday working out, then Friday/Sat go out drink and have fun.

SA

all sources tell me it's not good, but tolerable in smaller amounts
bout 2-3 drinks 2-3 times per week. maybe a little more if I have a nice block of time to go steady on.
S C O T C H B O Y Z
speyside best side

It's bad for your T levels (not to mention most of your organs) over the long term but it won't hamper your short term gains

If you're in college I wouldn't worry about alcohol at all if you're hitting the gym, but once you've got those years out of the way I'd avoid getting written off at all, and stick to 3-4 drinks once or twice a week

>S C O T C H B O Y Z
>speyside best side
U WOT M8 ISLAY IS MUH STYLUH

I don't drink anymore.

Maybe a few times a year I'll drink at a social event, (having shots not beer).

Don't fall for the alcohol Jew although it's hard to resist in your 20s.

I've heard it inhibits protein uptake. Don't currently have a source but whatll you do.
I really enjoy pyramids apricot ale. Live in Oregon tho so a lot of options. Also love oakshire amber.
About once a week I'll have a beer with dinner. No more. Drinking to excess is for degenerates.

>I've heard it inhibits protein uptake.
That and B vitamin stuff.

Generally when I drink I balance my calories and after the day or two of drinking I do a bit of excess cardio. Not sure if there is any science behind it, but when I do cardio after a day or two of drinking I feel like I recover quicker.

>coopers
t. pleb

dude how fucking old are you? a shot of brandy?

>
MY NIGGA!
The true SA beer. Fuck red tins.

Whiskey is the god tier way to consume alcohol.
>Only need a few drinks on the rocks to get that good buzz which translates to less calorie intake.
>You look like a badass.

Down side is you can't be drinking all the time during a social gathering while beer drinkers will constantly have a beer on their hand.

Usually go out with friends anywhere from 1 to 4 times a week. Couple of beers and a few shots. I haven't noticed any difference with gains, but dont skip workouts because of drinking ofc.

Worst is that I'm too hungover to follow my diet or go to the gym. Plus it's horrible if you drink after the gym, decreases muscle growth recovery by like 25% or something

I drink the equivalent of half a bottle of vodka every weekend.

Vodka water with lime juice

I've been sober for a week now and am sober every week, drinking tonight though even though I'm hitting legs at the gym today.

I don't drink

Knew it

Alcohol is fine people on here are autistic about it
Reg Park drank a shitload of Guinness every day and look how much that ruined his physique.

Coopers is for old men and plebs

Pic related is the holy grail of Australian beer

Looks more like pigeon chest to me. I have a slight case of it myself and I don't even drink.

>coopers ale
My go to beer as well mate