How to fix tennis elbow

After a couple months of practicing pullups and getting up to 25lbs 3x5, shitty form caught and terrible lat activation caught up to me in the form of tennis elbow. Its been 6 weeks of no pulling and only hurts when I try to pull. What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/resources/forum/archive/index.php/t-8380.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_D0Ld_jf5W8&list=PLLIasrSrFGdSNbeOT8Agw9N301qCHpRU0&index=9
reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/comments/42z67g/gathering_data_on_overuse_injuries_protocol/
glennpendlay.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/got-tendonitis/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rest! Tendons have much less blood supply than muscles, so they take much longer to heal. Unfortunately there's just no other way around it, short of drug injections, which this doesn't warrant.

How long does it usually take?

Bro I got tennis elbow from over straining too. Wikipedia says it takes 6 months to a year to heal up on its own. It's just an inflammation man why the fuck does it take so long??

Thats fucking rediculous! I'll be back down to 0 pull ups by the time it heals

Like the other user said, tendons heal more slowly than muscle because they don't have as much of an active link to the circulatory system.

However 'resting' tendinitis is bullshit. Look up Rippetoe's golfer/tennis elbow rehab and his explanation for it (I've used a similar protocol for tendinitis in a different place and the principle is definitely sound.) If body weight chin-ups are too much for you, heavyish curls using the full range of motion in your bicep will likely work just as well.

What did he say? Can I just wear one of these and lift as normal? I can't wait up to a year without lifting man.

Do a shit load of body weight chin-ups multiple times a week. It'll hurt like hell, then it'll heal completely.

You're more or less provoking an acute inflammation at the site of a chronic inflammation. This causes your body to concentrate more resources on that area to heal the acute inflammation, which speeds up the healing of the chronic one in the process.

Sounds dubious bro. Why are you doing this.

Stop playing tennis dumbass.

Nobody else got this? Is this problem really that uncommon?

Mark Rippetoe himself explains it in a video.

It might work or it might be another ruse motivated by his irrational hate towards arms

There's this thing called voodoo flossing on reddit. Does it work?

>Just do loads of pullups even if it hurts!
I got tennis elbow and having to rest for a few months is seriously depressing me out, so is this just a troll to make my tendonitis worse or do you have any actual experience of this working on you or anyone else?

startingstrength.com/resources/forum/archive/index.php/t-8380.html

>In that other thread about tendinitis, you mentioned how they treat tendinitis in horses, by scalding the site of injury. You advised that in order to mimic the effect of this, one should perform exercises that irritate the tendinitis, to the point where it is very painful and severe. For example with golfer's elbow, one should do chins/curls to increase the irritation. Supposedly this should create the same effect as the horse treatment. I was wondering how you know that this creates the same effect, since there are fundamental differences between the two methods.

>Please show me where I said all this shit. I never said I KNEW any such thing.

Falling for ancient memes...

Tennis elbow won't heal itself, I suffered from it on and off for years when I was boxing. Seriously, don't do movements that strain it further and start rolling/stretching your forearms and upper arms properly. Once it is healed, look into basic physio movements for it as well.

Don't push through it, it'll just get worse

Get a lacrosse ball and roll out your forearm extensors (the part of the forearm that is in line with the back of your hand)

And rest that shit, it's all you can do but rolling out the extensors can help speed up the healing process a bunch, since the muscles of the tendons that are inflamed are the root cause of the problem and will be extremely tight and be riddled with adhesions.

Reminder that if you don't find medical sources with data from research on a large randomized selection of individual, DON'T DO BROSCIENCE BULLSHIT LIKE THIS.

But sure, call me a fag and go do hard exercise with inflamed tendons, I'm sure you'll come out right.

Truly a master.
This madman wont stop until eradicates arms worlwide

youtube.com/watch?v=_D0Ld_jf5W8&list=PLLIasrSrFGdSNbeOT8Agw9N301qCHpRU0&index=9

I was prescribed stretching/rolling and light work that did not aggravate the problem, and would at worst hurt a little bit then and there (not afterwards). Worked for me.

i got it from light weight lateral raises, shit sucks

Repair Gold helps its like $55 for a bottle of pills that heal tendinitis.

That "heal" tendinitis.

People are fucking retarded i swear, its like they want to give away money.

There are specific braces you wear for this. I have one cause I also have tennis elbow. But one. Wear it. Also take out all the exercises that contribute to it. So no more skullcrushers flat bar curls, etc.

Do you have pic of the brace? Will regular elbow support sleeves like pic related work?

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/comments/42z67g/gathering_data_on_overuse_injuries_protocol/

I used sleeves For bout a year when i had tendonitis. Healed now but i stiil use them. A short session with a infraredlamp helps to promote bloodflow and healing as well.

tennis elbow is just like any other injury:
-first 2 weeks rest, ice, compression, elevation, NSAIDS, etc
-week 2-6: mild activity
-after 6 weeks: you can advance moderate activity slowly, backing off if symptomatic

Some people get symptoms that last longer than this in which case you really need to work the tendon, it hurts but its the only way mang

more seriously, would a sarm like ostarine speed up healing of a tendon injury?

R u sure you dont have golfers elbow actually? Golfers is when it hurts medially.

Yes it does, assuming you don't reaggravate it. It's not a magic potion though, you still gotta do the rehab, and there are side-effects.

t. used ostarine for healing

i have that shit too, it hurts most when doing lateral raises,and one arm curl/reverse grip movements, probably the best to rest for few weeks and stretch/ice that shit but ain't nobody gonna rest that much fuck

fas less

EZ-bar curls

supposedly this works

glennpendlay.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/got-tendonitis/

EZ-bar curls to fix tennis
Reverse grip to fix golfers.

Simple. These issues are caused from weak antagonistic muscles in the forearm.

I suggest curling 3x8 twice a week, should alleviate your issue.

how do you get tennis elbow from pullups?
how do I not get tennis elbow from pullups?
this worries me because recently my elbows crack a lot during pullups

It would have been gone if you weren't lifting still you idiot. The only things you should be doing is leg day. Even if it only hurts from pulling you're still using the arm under tension with any lift.

Top retard

Or quality bait idk

answer me please

stop doing meem excercises, start doing barbell rows, dumbell rows and HEAVY lateral pulldowns, when i started training i was going with around 40kg pulldowns for like 12-14 reps about 3 months later i got bored and bumped it up to 65kg x8 and im noticing big changes

bump

Pullups aren't a meme exercise, they're a basic function. Nothing wrong with all those other exercises you mentioned, but everyone should be able to do pullups.

I use the small hard foarm roller in my gym, put my weight against the brachioradialis and squeeze. 3 sets of 15 rollovers - no more cramping.

Cured my post-back/bi training cramping completely.