Can you attain a B+ aesthetic body with just pull ups (weighted) and cardio?

Can you attain a B+ aesthetic body with just pull ups (weighted) and cardio?

>pull ups and cardio
If the cardio is HIIT (sprints), then sure, you will build an okayish upper body and okayish legs. If cardio is low impact (jogging, swimming) you will be chicken legs mode.

HIIT can be done in the pool though right? Will I still get chicken legs mode? I'd prefer to sprint swim

Bump

You could get a C provided you do all this and stay lean. A C+ provided you don't ignore legs.

Luckily for you a C on fit is above average for fat normies.

Got any C pic as an example? Just to get an idea

>will I build legs if I do an exercise with almost no hip and knee flexion, except I do it really really fast?
No, you won't. Do your sprints.
There is some guy from leddit who only did pull ups and chinups for ~7 years iirc and actually even got a good chest and shoulders. Google it.
Legs look like complete shit though

Is this a C body?

I think I skimmed that when it was posted on fit. His only cardio was walking his dog right? So if I do sprints I'll be covered for legs? I'll start searching some sprint routines then. Thanks for the help

Sprints, stair sprints, hill sprints will all give you nice legs. Go for it.

Sweet. And that's without adding weight right?

>adding weight
On pull ups, yes. On sprints OF COURSE not.

Hehehehehhehehehehe

What if I add squats in the routine?

Original poster here,
Also curious about this. If the leddit guy did squats he would have been set. Decent upper and lower body. I guess question is would you get bad knees from only doing squats and would you be neglecting hamstrings

I didn't have access to a gym during the holidays so I only did bodyweight exercises and cardio during those 3 months.

The workouts mainly consisted of push-ups and pull-ups. Try different variations of both.

For legs/cardio I did running, swimming and I bought a jumping rope.
(also did some leg bw stuff every once in a while)

I did not lose gains, numbers on my lifts stayed the same, I even think that I gained some muscle during the time.
So upper body is perfectly doable with bodyweight stuff, just look into it. Building big legs might be hard tho, mountain hiking or sth like that might help out with it.

Bumping for interest

I've recently returned to lifting after a 3 month hiatus. In the meantime I did a lot of pistol squats, cossack squats, pull ups, pushups, and handstand pushups. I wasn't particularly strong before, but all my lifts went up, and I'm still in significantly above average shape.

It would be extremely gainful
Squats DO NOT neglect hamstrings, quite the opposite. Go to exrx or google Lombard's paradox.

I understand making a hypothetical thread about minimalistic exercise regimes (eg. If you could only do 3 exercises what would you do) or anons who can't afford a power rack and a barbell or a gym membership. But this honestly seems like neither.

If you have access to a barbell you can squat with, you can definitely also do deadlifts, presses etc. Why not go all the way and stick to only two exercises?

no

But I truly don't have access to anything other than a pull up bar

And how will you do squats without a bar?

I found somewhere cheap to buy an adjustable dumbbell. I figured... plie squats so my legs don't lag behind like Mr. Leddit. Should I just kms?

Pull-ups, chin-ups, one armed push ups and pistol squats will give you a nice body.

If you add push-ups/dips to this, yes, ofc.

>It would be extremely gainful
I can't believe you took my phrase from another thread

Thing is, push ups are a pain in the ass to progressively overload. However I can do weighted chest dips. Would these be enough for chest?

>Squats do not neglect hamstrings
Does this apply to all squat variations even dumbbell?

>plie squats
>Should I just kms?
If you said that unironically, then yes.
If you want to train legs with one db, buy a second one and do Bulgarian squats and/or lunges
Also now that you have two dbs you can do shoulder presses, chest presses (if no bench use floor, Scooby has a video), lat raises etc. Again, no reason at all to limit yourself to pull ups.
And please, do your sprints.
>I can't believe you took my phrase from another thread
You could say I took it... From you

Except I didn't, you aren't the only Baneposter in here.

I thought he meant normal (high bar) squats, since there was no clarification.
But lunges, especially stepping lunges, do train hamstrings.

absolutely not, weighted chest dips will give you insane front delts but 0 chest

>push ups are a pain in the ass to progressively overload
How's that?
You can progress by 1) putting your feet higher, 2) getting your hands closer 3) doing more push-ups, 4) do push-ups with a loaded backpack.