Veeky Forums, should I become Catholic?

Veeky Forums, should I become Catholic?

Other urls found in this thread:

pope-michael.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wait until this Pope dies, then maybe

No, Orthodox.

Yes, follow the true pontiff, Pope Michael.
pope-michael.com

where do you live? yes I guess

no, christianity is fundamentally false

Nah, converting to Christianity's gotten old.
These days if you want to fit in with the cool kids on Veeky Forums you have to become a Kekistani.

Yankeeland.
I was raised in a non-religious family, though all of my religious ancestors were protestant.

Oh wow now that's an argument. Look, you know you're speaking to Christians. Why would you says something fundamentally opposed on not only a philosophical but historical and even socio-spiritual levels without adding in firepower? Low energy.

Patrician taste.

Alright

>The majority of the bible is forged or more euphemistically pseudepigraphic
>Jesus believed the eschaton would happen in the lifetimes of him and his disciples and is thus a failed prophet
>Jesus never claimed to be God

Consider yourself BTFO.

Yes, it's the one Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church.

>Bawden was elected by a group of six laypeople, which included himself and his parents, who had come to believe that the Catholic Church had seceded from the Catholic faith since Vatican II, and that there had been no legitimate popes elected since the death of Pope Pius XII in 1958.[3]
>elected by a group of six laypeople, which included himself and his parents

Only if you're prepared to suck dick and recognise the pope as god

>Jesus believed the eschaton would happen in the lifetimes of him and his disciples and is thus a failed prophet
Myth. Spitting out your spoonfed atheist propaganda like a good goy.

Why not convert to Christianity instead?

pfahahahahah

Francis isn't saying anything that hasn't been said by previous popes. There's a reason why ethno-nationalism has historically been anti-clerical.

Nah just become a Calvinist and be a snotty rich asshole over everyone else.

no convert to the true faith called sunni islam

Care to bring out counter evidence?

Pisslam is the art of autism

yes, and then kill the pope

t. argie

Go for it user. I did and can honestly say that it has changed my life for the better. I was born and raised Protestant and it really does not compare.

These are all non-issues in Catholicism.

Francis is being pretty thorough in purging the conservatives so unless he dies within the next few years it's pretty assured he'll get a similar successor.

how did it change for the better?

I love praying to the idols

It gave me purpose. I was raised Lutheran and was taught sola fide, or that faith alone would get me to heaven. It allowed me to navelgaze and be a sinner without considering my actions, because I had an insurance policy of belief.

In the Catholic faith grace can be gotten through works, or working in the vein of Christ. It emphasized that I need to be outgoing and charitable, and obviously that has grown into social benefits. I am a lot more connected within my community now than I ever was.

Likewise, Mary has been really transformative in the way I empathize and trust women, having had issues with that in the past. I'm just starting now to build the first healthy relationship I've had in years.

It might sound corny but its genuinely made me a better person all around.

Better marry the perfect grill, OP.

You're gonna be stuck with her.

Yes, it's not as if modern day Catholicism isn't anything else but LARPing anyway.

Being raised Christian is one thing, but come on. Just how much faith can you place in a document that is universally recognised as being authored by humans? Talk about being in love with the works of man!

Serious answer: become a Platonist and teach the wisdom of Plato and Aristotle.

No, don't waste your time on idiotic bullshit. Spend the money you'd spend on tithes on stuff you'd actually enjoy spending the money on. Join the americorp if you want to help people.

The 1st half of that statement is widely accepted by historians, not just atheists.

Yes, then take all the other Christian LARPers with you and leave this site forever.