ITT: We post meme food that people pretends to enjoy

Other urls found in this thread:

whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=54
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nutella
Bacon

What?
Never had a baked sweet potato ?
Shit is the syrupy sweet food of the gods.

I like baked sweet potatoes.

Fuck you blackfam that shit is cash

>Bacon

this

why is bacon so overhyped?

raw celery

bacon is the only literal memefood

b-b-but my pearly white cum cums!

I don't have a pic of your moms pussy

Chicken

pic related doesnt only taste bad it smells like shit as well

it tastes delicious. maybe you're preparing it wrong?

You're thinking of cauliflower, senpai. Cept even then it tastes way better than it smells.

What does bacon taste like ?

No, fuck you. Broccoli is actually good. Suck my fucking dick.

wew lad
borcoli is fantastic

Agreed

anything in the cabbage family tastes and smells bad

Nothing, it's just grease and salt, which might as well be crack for your brain. Shit-tier food memed about by cringelords.

Ugh hate this stuff

Ever had yam fries? That shit's delicious

American bacon is shit but proper bacon is good

I worked at a kitchen whenever we have to open a bag of it the whole room smells like straight fart

Nah nigga, you steam that and add a little spices, shit's the bomb.

I actually much prefer american bacon desu

Oats
I mean, I can force feed it to myself, since I am aware of the nutritional value, but I don't really it
Am I missing something? maybe I'm preparing them all wrong (I let them soak in milk overnight in the fridge with some frozen fruits, and in the morning I put in the microwave for a minute, just so it isn't cold)

>don't really enjoy it
gotta start proof reading before I post

'Non-American' bacon (i.e. back bacon) has better macros than 'American' bacon (i.e. streaky bacon) though. And I prefer it anyway.

Shouldn't be working in a kitchen fit for Gordon Ramsey to have a visit.

This right here. A good baked sweet potato is awesome.

It smells very good (to me at least), but it kind of just has a generic meaty taste and an overwhelming salt flavor. It's just salt-flavored meat.

Brussel sprout

Caviar

Man I love oats. I could eat that shit straight out of the bag. I cannot fathom that someone wouldn't enjoy a good banana porridge.

Brussels are actually dank if you roast em with olive oil or fat, throw in some onion or fennel. Granted, that makes almost anything taste good.

I eat sweet potatoes like baked potatoes
It's really good

Roasted brussel sprouts are fucking delicious what are you even on about? They're also good as fuck for you, as are all cruciferous vegetables.

Meat
I mean seriously, it's fucking disgusting. It's great protein source, sure, but it's a fucking carcass that's been dead for some time. It boggles my mind people managed to convince themselves it doesn't smell like death. Thank god for chicken because it's tasteless.

Sriracha
Kale
Matcha
Quinoa
Sorghum (serious, it's a gluten-free thing)

Tahitian noni juice
Mangosteen
Stevia/Hoodia
Acai bowls

that's a yam

Only accompanied by something sour/salty. Like a cilantro and lime pesto. Uh oh I got hard.

Yerba mate

Pho is good shit but lately hipsters have been stinking it up and getting all snooty about it lately when it's been a staple of the Vietnamese diet for decades

Non-starchy green veggies. God bless soy and hot sauce.

Zucchinis
Literally a shit-tasting cucumber

They have almost no taste, but can get great texture if done right. So it's up to the marinade/souce/whatever to give it a good taste. Just like most food really.

I eat my vegetables raw with no sauce or anything on them, and zucchinis have a bitter taste to me. If you need to prepare something to make it taste good, that implies their natural flavor isn't good.

Either a 6/10 troll or a retarded person.

Zucchinis do get kinda bitter if you overcook them if I am not mistaken, I might be remembering wrong and confusing them with something else. Maybe aubergines.

I sautee them with salt and pepper in a hot pan and them turn out pretty tasty. When I put them in vegetable curry they turn out even better.

Eggplants sometimes have a bit of bitterness if you don't salt them first, in zucchinis there's nothing you can do - if they're old (stored in cold for too long) they get bitter and no amount of salt is gonna fix it.

What's wrong with raw vegs?

Most vegetables are useless raw, they taste like shit and are indigestible unless heat/acid processed.

love oat, fuck bananas. that shit is garbage

Be careful. The tastebuds can adapt, but they can 'forget' and something you don't eat in a while might taste weird. I started out like that and ate only chicken for a year. Then I took a break from it for some reason and really looked forward to making a nice chicken dinner with mole sauce and rice... it tasted like death. Figured it was the chicken, bought a new one and tried marinated chicken breats the next day. Tasted like death. Another new chicken, chicken roast and potatoes. Death. And so I had to stop eating all meat except fish because it tasted foul.

A year or so later I had a break from fish because reasons. Again looking forward to some nice fish. Metallic death. Every fish... Even fresh salmon, my all-time fave... so no meat at all.

And then I discovered I was severely lactose intolerant, so there goes dairy.

Now I'm vegan and I didn't even mean for it to happen...

What the actual fuck

It took me over 3 years of eating oats daily before I started to enjoy it.

Yams are sweet potatoes and vice versa.

>this triggers Veeky Forums

cauliflower is better than broccoli 9/10 times, and cauliflower does not smell like protein farts

No, sweet potatoes are those with orange flesh

delicious
delicious
delicious
delicious
delicious

ITT crybaby americans who can't taste real flavours after consuming a gallon of MOUNTAID DEW TROPICAL BLUE EXTREME with half a pound of sugar and processed crap fast food every day. if it's not deep fried it or doesn't have at least four different types of artificial flavouring it can't taste good

I love bacon and eat it every morning, but only as a compliment to my eggs. Eating it on it's own has little appeal to me.

Because it was literally a digg/reddit meme Around 2008 - 2012

The worst part about oats is that they're not even that great.
If you're bulking, it's good that they have 5x the calories of every other food with the same nutritional values, but why the FUCK would you EVER even CONSIDER consuming oats for their nutritional values when you have:

-eggs
-literally any single carb-heaby food on the fucking planet
-every SINGLE meat, red or white, on this fucking Earth

Oats don't score well on ANY. SINGLE. FUCKING. STANDARD. compared to other foods that do the exact same fucking thing.
Literally the ONLY SINGLE REASON why you would want to consume oats is if you wanted a massive surplus of calories for some reason.

Yet DYELS on Veeky Forums look at this fucking meme food and go "WOOOOW, IT HAS ONE GRAM MORE OF PROTEIN MORE EVERY ONE HUNDRED KILOS COMPARED TO OTHER FOODS, AND IT ONLY COSTS ME 5X THE CALORIES!!!!" and they act like it's God's gift to breakfast.

The first sign you should look for to see if someoneo is absolutely fucking clueless about nutrition is checking is they believe oats to be incredible in any way.

fucking macrofags
whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=54

It's a cheap source of caloric surplus. 0It's OK on proteins, which means eating it ain't a complete waste, and OK on fiber (making it a filling breakfast). Also it's fast and easy to make, and can be varied in many different ways, again very simply and quickly.

Sometimes when bulking, and having to waste so much of my time preparing food, something as simple as oats for breakfast really helps simplify things, and allows me to sleep in for half an hour instead of getting up earlier in order to prepare a "proper" (read: nutritionally optimal) breakfast.

>muh micros

unless you eat like a fucking pirate micronutrients are irrelevant
anyone who eats more than two kinds of foods every week can give zero fucks about micros and still be healthier than every retard on the planet eating 'green' and getting their precious 'vitamins' and 'minerals'

It's what I said.
It's good if you want a caloric surplus.
The end.
But Veeky Forums acts as if it's the best fucking thing you could eat for breakfast ever, even though the only good thing about it is making you fat.

Try cycling. You'll realize quickly just how good oats are. Hours and hours of energy because complex carbs.

>what is the glycemic index

ignore this troll post

Something that only matters if you're a recovering fatty used to consuming 5k calories a day and needs their glucose fix to avoid eating an entire McDonald's unless they get their fix.
For us functioning humans on the other side of the animal kingdom line it has no bearing on food choice.

ignore this troll post as well

>he doesn't liek my meme food, he's a troll xDDDD

Literally worse than Leddit
You're on the same tier of human trash as people who post "bait" pictures without bothering to articulate their counterarguments

you're comparing oats to sources of protein. literally nobody eats oats for the protein. that is why it's not worth even reading your messages because you're either an obvious troll or literally mentally retarded.

>anything but macros is irrelevant
You're the human trash here user

Everyone who shills oats as a god tier food does it saying "It's so filling!", "Look at the micros!" and "It fills you so much!"

Name any single good point of oats that isn't those three, while also saying how literally any other carb-based breakfast food isn't just as filling, how it would have better micros than eggs, and why it would fill you better than any big breakfast meal regardless of its contents.

>I'm deliberately ignoring previous posts so it looks like I have an argument!

>name a single fucking argument for oats
>other than these 3
kek

Are you literally unable to read or are you willingly ignoring the second half of the post in which the common "omg oats are so good guise!" retardation is debunked?

You dyels are so reatarded I don't even know if I'm getting trolled at times

Oats are extremely filling. Your problem is that you're a macrofag who can't understand that "filling" != "high in protein". Oats are a great source of extremely low GI carbs. They're cheap, require no preparing, taste decent and have other advantages like the fiber and the moderate protein they also contain.

Saying idiotic shit like "GI only matters for fatties" is why nobody is taking you seriously. You're literally implying that eating sugar out of the bag keeps you feeling full and high energy exactly as effectively as nuts or dairy or wheat.

>You're literally implying that eating sugar out of the bag keeps you feeling full and high energy exactly as effectively as nuts or dairy or wheat.

No one is saying that. You're only seeing the "implication" because you're full-throttle retarded in defending a food that, while good, doesn't deserve the meme status it garnered thanks to Quaker shills on Veeky Forums.
I find it particularly hilarious how white bread and oats have almost the same nutritional values, yet the former is universally rejected as trash, while the latter is recognized as the best god tier food a gymcel could be consuming.

It really goes to show how little people on Veeky Forums actually know about the thing they're supposed to be experts about.

>No one is saying that.
>Something that only matters if you're a recovering fatty
>needs their glucose fix to avoid eating an entire McDonald's
>For us functioning humans on the other side of the animal kingdom line it has no bearing on food choice.
>only if you're a fatty
>only
>no bearing of food choice
>no bearing
>No one is saying that.

>I find it particularly hilarious how white bread and oats have almost the same nutritional values
So took you an entire 10 seconds of typing to forget about GI again? Oats are some of the most low GI foods on the entire planet. White bread is up there near eating sugar straight from a bag.

>TFW cooking level not high enough to cook lobster
>have to eat them raw to maintain protein intake

>die of salmonella before getting 99 strength

REEEEE

>No one is saying that. You're only seeing the "implication" because you're full-throttle retarded in defending a food
Recognizing glycemic index exists and matters
>I find it particularly hilarious how white bread and oats have almost the same nutritional values
Suddenly glycemic index isn't worth considering and only macros matter.

Make up your mind. DESU I think your mum just sucks at making porridge so you're trying to justify it with your shit logic full of holes.

sweet potato with sugar, butter, cayenne, black pepper and hot sauce is best food though

This stuff.

How can anybody like it? Its sugary tomatoes, like fuck no man. Give me a real condiment like mustard, a pepper sauce, maybe a relish or salsa or kimchi.

>b..but muh ketchup on everything meme!

Yeah, just like you should go drink a monster before every workout user :^)

If you really think topping all of your food with what amounts to almost nothing more than a pure processed sugar sauce is okay, have fun with your diabetes and not making it.

kek

Dat first sip

dis brudda know how it be
he must be a fellow black mahn

de sweet yam is the nectar of de rasta gods...

cooked up delicious by our butiful black wives

Wow, an idiot posted broccoli, and OP posted sweet potato. What is wrong with those foods? Sounds like kids are scared of eating their veggies.

I'm not into bacon, but Nutella makes everything better.

Less bio availability in them. You digest many veggies better if their cooked. If you're eating large amounts of raw leafy greens then you're on your way to potential kidney stones.

>yuropoors get mad about ANYTHING

Gook pls go

Of course chicken tastes fowl

Fuck Quinoa

Is there some special way I can make this without it tasting like dirt?