1/2/3/4 plates

How long did you take to reach the magical 1/2/3/4?

For me it took only 1 sip to blast through all my plateaus and reach it within 9 months

currently 145/230/225/365

don't ask why the squat is shit

roughly a year after the first time I did my first deadlift I hit 4 plate.

squat took me about 6 months

bench took me about 3 months

I still have a hard time progressing OHP and I'm on year... 3? 4? I forget now. I just say I do 3/4/5 now and omit my OHP

>tfw 1pl8 OHP and 1pl8 bench

just fuck my shit up, why do I progress OHP so fucking easily? sets of 10 as well

forgot to mention im about 4 months in

why is your squat shit?

PUSH PRESS
U
S
H

P
R
E
S
S

>inb4 no

tfw been lifting casually for like 1.5 years now

tfw nowhere near

But I just got back to lifting after like a 3 month break a couple weeks ago and now I have a home gym so the time is now

>tfw stalling bench at 65kg

Because I didn't do them until the last couple weeks. Not making excuses I was just lazy. Deadlift is higher than I expected since I rarely if ever do them.

what does 1 plate mean? like 1 time your bodyweight?
so if you hit 1/2/3/4 you can deadlift 4 times your bodyweight?

>Deadlift is higher than I expected since I rarely if ever do them.

dont worry, DL doesnt need to be trained really, certainly not ever more than once every 9 days at the max

>why do I progress OHP so fucking easily? sets of 10 as well

b/c youre a newb. OHP stalls pretty badly at a certain point, and it just wont shift

you'll find this all out when you depart newb stage

a little under a year iirc. i played sports all throughout HS before i started lifting seriously though

1 plate means having 1 20kg plate on each side of the 20kg barbell, 60kgs all together

I can maintain a 3-rep of 1pl8 ohp and 5-rep 3pl8 squat.

But in almost 7 years of lifting I've never been close to either a 2pl8 bench or 4pl8 deadlift. Chronic back injuries from being extremely fat make heavy pulls a gamble and I simply have no chest strength at all.

I've managed a single rep of 205 for bench and a single rep of 365 for deadlift.

Lost count how many deloads and set/rep/accessory schemes I've done.

Most likely you're push pressing or leaning way back, or your bench form is so bad (not retracting the scapula, flaring the elbows, flat back) that you can't lift any decent amount of weight. This isn't normal, even Olympic weightlifters who never do bench and do overhead work 24/7 can still bench more than they can OHP.

Makes sense. I usually only test my 1RM every week or two. I like doing farmer carries more anyway.

probably my bench form, I've been having trouble with it the past few months.

>Makes sense. I usually only test my 1RM every week or two. I like doing farmer carries more anyway.

stick with the farmer's definitely, but whoa, you should be testing your 1RM 3, maybe 4 time s PER YEAR!! not once a week lol

when people talk about reaching 1/2/3/4, do you mean 1RM or for X reps?

1/2/3/4 refers to 1 rep max

>you should be testing your 1RM 3, maybe 4 time s PER YEAR!! not once a week lol

i was not aware of this

5 reps, nobody cares about your 1RM

I see....

140/175/335/Don't deadlift
5rms
Just over 4 months

>i was not aware of this

it's probably not so important while youre still relatively new to lifting (< 1 to 2 years), but after that point 1RM testing should be kept to the absolute minimum

most people will base their maxes off of a "training max" for maybe 3 reps or 5. the only exception to this MIGHT be an olympic-tier OLY lifter, but even then only rarely and for only certain specific reasons...

100/155/165/220
1.5 months in.

Took me 6 months

Im now at (in kg)

65/100/140/210

1.2/2/3/4.8

Which routine did you guys follow? Are you still on the same one or moved to another one?

2 Weeks in

50/75/80/115.

Deadlifting 135 Monday, feels good finally getting to 1 pl8 on something.

Still good to know.

Sometimes I switch up rep ranges so I use the calculation to pick a weight for that range that will bump my 1rm up.

fuck, man I thought those were kgs.

0/135/195/175

just started deadlifting, didn't go all out, need to get better form first
OHP-ing today, we'll see how it goes

nice job man.

I'm like 125/185/395/365
I'm a Squatasaurus
Also I hit 3pl8 squat back in November of 2015

Started at 120 lbs bodyweight.

I could probably go higher but I'm following Stronglifts program and going by it exactly.

I can't even fathom how imbalanced your muscles are

i am this dude i did calisthenics before and a bit of brosplit but that never payed off. after a festival, i lost most of my gains so i started again with push/pull/legs
i gained 8 kgs since i started, btw.
i couldn't deadlift/squat for shit before, i barely lifted half a pl8

Low bar squatting will do that to you. The only reason why I can't deadlift more is because I don't have the quads to get it off the ground.
Once the movement become posterior chain and back I'm home free

I'm just over 7 months in and I'm at

>OHP:50kg
>Bench:80kg
>Squat:102.5kg
>Dead:140kg

Which is about

.8/1.5/2/3

All for 5 reps. I'll hopefully hit 1/2/3/4 one rep maxes by the end of the year. Already have 1pl8 ohp 1rm.

If you're a novice, testing 1RMs is pointless because (a) you can't actually exert 'maximum force' as your body simply doesn't know how to and (b) any seriously heavy attempt will cause your strength to increase, rendering the max invalid. Every max spurs a new one.

As an intermediate or advanced lifter, there's not much point in maxing out unless it's a programmed part of your training cycle, which will usually produce too much cumulative fatigue for you to actually be able to perform a true maximum effort. That's why advanced/late intermediate training cycles tend to taper off sharply in terms of volume at the end of a block - lessening the stress allows you to recover and then display your max strength at the meet.

What's your bodyweight?

I seriously doubt weak quads are your problem - you're likely either trying to extend your hips before you extend your knees (in anticipation of it being hard on your quads) or you're starting WAY too low.

If your squat is more than your deadlift, it's generally a sign that your deadlift form has something wrong with it, or your squat is high. Low bar involves more muscle, but it doesn't bypass your quads entirely - they're still getting stronger when you do the movement correctly, as many will attest.

6'1" ~82kg

>extend your hips before you extend your knees
This is an issue that I do have

Any dumbbell fags here?

How much 2 plate bench and 1 plate ohp are on dumbbells?

I never did OHP on bar, I currently do 22kg per hand for 3 sets of 8 reps, seated.

My bench max was 85 kg for 5 reps but I recently switched to dumbbells, I do 30 kg per hand for 12 reps, still have to improve.

315 dl, 185 bb bench, squat 135lbs, bb row 2 plates

For bench i use dbs cuz i work alone. Also can't increase my bb bench dunno but i tried microloading and cant fukking increase still.

2pl8 = 100 kg
so 50 per hand, however i find dumbells harder than bbell, so probably 40/45 would be enough

well for what its worth i have no interest in competing, i just lift for fun

Well then 30 kg per hand for 12 reps just doing it second time isnt that bad.

I find dumbbell chest press feels more natural and I dont have any strains on my shoulders and wrists. But I still do flat bench, progressing slowly but surely.

Also can flat bench 80lb dbs pretty easily for 8 reps.

How many reps of each are we talking?

1/2/3/4 isnt possible natty

I could do it within a month of starting lifting

But I am admittedly a big guy

lmao @ ur life

All these responses. No one read the last line.

Tfw you're almost to 2/3/4/5 and you still feel small

Started lifting this morning after
>that
>first
>sip

And I got 1/2/3/4 on my first try

Got it after 2 months of SS + GOMAD (srs)

I literally said fuck it and did GOMAD cause I was a super skelly (5'8'' 115lbs) and I gained so much fucking fat and my bowels were fucked for a while but at least I got 1/2/3/4

Gonna cut soon and hopefully my strength doesn't dissipate

155/225 for OHP/Bench, is this normal?

Year and a half, just got to 405X5 deadlift to finally hit 1/2/3/4. Beginning my cut now.

i'm 165/250.

took me about 6 months at 145lbs bw.

How many reps?

always assume 1 rep max unless otherwise stated

6 foot 170 pounds
265 bench 1 rep max
242 squat 1rep max tfw shit squat
375 deadlift 1rep max
only do shoulder press in smith behind the neck with 20kg each side.

135/195/265/305

5 reps each at 175 lbs. 2pl bench is the goal. Trying to hit it in at least 2 months

grouse. I'm similar but lower, these numbers are motivating as fuck; good luck mate

Starting week 6 of lifting today
45kg x 6 OHP, 120 kgx 7 squat, 140kg x 8 DL and 65 x 10 BP.

185cm \ 92kg

Will I ever make it? :(

Weird reps are because grey skull amrap

Fuck the cut man, go for 2\3\4\5 on a less extreme bulk mode. I'm not sure how much I believe the idea of muscle maturity, but there's something to be said for spending a bit of time heavier and taking advantage of those strength gains etc a bit more before getting sexymode.

>tfw you get to 145 squat
>tfw you come to the realization that you're not sitting back on your heels enough
>you push back on the heels and you fall backwards

Now what?

My squat is currently 265 and I don't really do deadlifts either

I wonder what it would be. Guess I'll do a 1rm test Monday

Im a newb summer dyel cancer faggor too.
The first pl8 or everything feels good man.

I'm a skinnyfat guy cutting and doing SS. Can i reach these stats in a year or are my lifts doomed to be stalled?

I got those stats after about half a year of serious lifting. Except for the squat. Been stalling at 1.5pl8 for a year. It just wont go up, getting prettt desperate desu. 6'6 btw

140/200/275/365 @ 192, 5RMs

3.5 years since I started, coming up on 3 years lifting with most breaks situated around summer

Started lifting around 5 weeks ago.
OHP: 50kg
Benxh: 80kg
Squat: 105kg
DL: 140kg