Keto diet and alcohol

Hello swolefriends. I recently embarked on a keto diet (been on it about a week). It's going reasonably well and given that my breath is awful, I'm pretty sure I'm in ketosis. That said, I've had no flu symptoms. I am partly doing this for epilepsy mitigation but mainly for weight loss. I'm being ruthless with carbs of course, and sugars as well.

Is this diet actually effective for weight loss btw? Seems to be a lot of meat, cream and cheese involved.

Now, here's the problem:

I've had a suboptimal week and would therefore like to get wasted one night over the weekend. Vodka=zero carbs, and the same with diet coke. Provided that I don't binge on carbs as a result, no harm, no foul right? Will it kick me out of ketosis or stop me losing weight? I read elsewhere that I wouldn't lose any weight that pay - effectively pausing it - and that would be it. No further weight gain etc.

For more info, I run a few times a week, do some modest lifts and go climbing at an indoor wall once a week. I intend to step it up but I haven't yet. I've been exercising again for about four months after a long hiatus (I had to focus on work for a year and my body basically went to shit).

Thanks lads.

I'll stop you right there and say that vodka is not 0 carbs.

Well how much is it not zero carbs then? That's what it seems to say elsewhere. Surely the amount of carbs must be absolutely trivial.

Ignore what I said

vodka really does have 0 carbs.

alcohol is its own macronutrient.

get schooled, undereducated scrub.

OP, don't drink while on keto, it does even more damage to your liver than usual and you will get fucked up faster.

It depends on the person but I found that I could pretty consistently have like 40 carbs a day and still piss hot on the test strips.

Also, get test strips.

Here you go friend

Thank you for this, but one thing here confuses me: JD jumps from 95 kcal to 195kcal when you add diet coke? Or is this in the case of buying a can pre-mixed? Surely adding diet coke to my vodka won't magically create 100 calories.

>OP, don't drink while on keto, it does even more damage to your liver than usual and you will get fucked up faster.
Isn't the latter part a good thing? MY liver is in great shape btw, stopped drinking for a few months, had a blood test, perfectly healthy.

I guess I should probably do this. It just seems like a serious thing to do But yeah, if I'm going to commit I shouldn't fuck about.

Alcohol has calories and gets metabolized immediately before anything else.

So since you're already doing keto, all the carbs you're not eating WON'T be stored as fat when your body is still metabolizing alcohol.

Also, it's a good idea to drink on an empty stomach, so your what food you did eat also won't be stored as fat while your body metabolizes alcohol.

Yes, stick to hard liquor with diet coke or other diet drink.

If you drink beer, drink a light beer to minimize the effects of fat storage from the carbs.

You should calculate the calories of alcohol into your diet in order to not get fat.
Alcohol has 7 kcal per gram, whereas protein and carbs have 4kcal per gram and fat has 9kcal per gram.
So if you're drinking 20cl of vodka (40%) than you'd be drinking 8cl of alcohol (10ml is 8 grams) which would amount to 64 grams of alcohol.
64 times 7 amounts to 448 kcal for a glass of vodka. (For Americans a little less then a 'cup')

>OP, don't drink while on keto, it does even more damage to your liver than usual and you will get fucked up faster.

This makes no sense. There are many pathways in the liver. I don't think ketone production and alcohol metabolism are related.

>Isn't the latter part a good thing? MY liver is in great shape btw, stopped drinking for a few months, had a blood test, perfectly healthy.

i mean, it's fun, but at the same time your body already isn't retaining water nor micronutrients correctly and alcohol is a pretty extreme diuretic so it doesn't matter how much water you chug, expect a hangover

So realistically I'm looking at about 1000kcal, if I'm drinking about 50cl of vodka, which I will. Last week it was about 80cl, but that was exceptional. Are you saying I should also fast that day? If so I'm just not sure I won't die. Thoughts?

Thanks, this is about what I thought/ hoped. In essence, no harm done.

This is why to drink in a fasted state.

Your body will never turn alcohol into fat.

If you have no other food in your system, you won't gain fat from alcohol since there is literally nothing to store as fat.

>it doesn't matter how much water you chug, expect a hangover

That's BS.

Chug a gallon of water after your done drinking for the night.

When you wake-up the next morning, you should have only the mildest hangover.

This was true ten years ago. Wait until you're pushing thirty. It's just not the same as it used to be.

Yeah, but if you fast that day you won't need 50 cl to get drunk probably. It will hit you a lot harder than what you're used to.

Seems sound. I just have to wait until the flat is empty. Though it's not a true fast, am I still mitigating damage/ calories if I just eat a breakfast of ham and eggs and nothing for the rest of the day, drinking in the evening?

No that sounds fine. Even if you'd drink 1000kcal worth, as a male your daily expenditure is probably near 2kcal at least. You should be able to have a small meal or two without worrying about gaining fat.

Cool, I'll have a chicken breast before bed. Soak some of that shit up before I black out. Living the dream.

Alcohol is broken down like a sugar and makes you get out of keto. It is the most useless type of calorie you can take, if you want to get fucked or for courage I recommend taking something less damaging and healthier like LSD.

If I could get hold of LSD then I would do so in a heartbeat m8. One of the best experiences of my life.

alphabay at reddit, where most /fraud/sters go for their balls

I would never trust someone on the internet not to be the rozzers, plus I have no hookups unfortunately.

Is jizz different on keto? Mine seems to hold its shape more, and be stickier. These are the big questions.

Just binge, eat junk food, forget about keto this weekend. If you're gonna do this shit, do it properly. If part of the reason you're doing this is to let off stress, how is that going to work if you continue stressing about carbs and calories and keto??

Get wasted on beer.
Eat junk food afterwards
Eat junk food the next day while hungover.

Get back on the horse Monday morning.
You know this is the only good answer.
Don't feel guilty, everyone needs a release once in a while from rigid behaviour.

I'm a ketofag myself, and today I thought about booze for the first time in ages. I yearn for that delicious tipsy feeling again. Full-on drunk too, but not as much as tipsy. Ah well.

>tfw 29

I see where you're coming from, but if I did that I would likely feel the same every weekend and I would make no progress. Tempting though your proposal is, a half measure might allow me to get wasted and also not see any backsliding which would be a win-win.