What are your thoughts on dirty bulking?

What are your thoughts on dirty bulking?

only acceptable for Auschwitz survivors who could use a bit of fat on them.

next time try to gain muscle when you bulk

Is dirty bulking basicly iifym? If so I do it, but slowly. I feel pretty alright so I don't see a downside, other than Ill have to ween myself from some foods on my cut

chocolate and cheese is tough to give up

no

dirty bulking is going over a 500 caloric surplus/ eating every single fucking thing in view

IIFYM has nothing to do with lean/dirty bulking

m8 your getting fat not bulking

Op here in not the guy in the pic but I agree

Truthfully I don't ever miss either, it's mostly bread and other cheap carbs that keep the poor man alive that I will miss. Oh I guess I do both though. Hit my macros everyday, but just gorge to hit the 800 surplus I'm looking for

Not really worth doing unless youre in a situation where you can't afford healthy food or simply don't have time and even then youre still advised to meal prep instead of being a little bitch.

The long term effects on your digestive health are brutal, I basically made myself coeliac from eating like shit, don't make that same mistake.

This is why you don't dirty bulk, or think it's okay to start eating whatever. This is me when I started lifting 5 months ago, I repeat, WATCH YOUR FUCKING DIET.

Were you hitting your protien intake right?

This is me now, and I'm now in that "fuck i need to cut but i dont want to lose strrength gains fuuuuck"

Stats start

S: 65
D: 95
B:65

Now

S: 225 1rm
B: 185 x5
D: 325 x5

Yeah, I'm stronger, but fuck yo the fat is there. Would it be possible to continue strength gains on a cut? I want to hit 1/2/3/4 by the end of the year, have 90+ days and hit each lift once a week and things are still progressing. My tdee is 3k, thinking of hitting 2700 kcal

>What are your thoughts on dirty bulking?

Not worth it. I'm lifting to look more muscular, not chubbier. Clean bulking might result in slower weight gain, but it's the right kind of weight gain (slow and steady muscle gains with minimal fat gains). What's the point of packing on 20 lbs when you just have to drop most of it again once you start cutting? Clean bulk at 10% BF, continue to 15%, then cut down to 10% again. Rinse and repeat. You'll be much happier with your physique throughout the process this way.

I wasn't tracking protein up until 2 months ago, but with as much as I was eating I was at least 150+ daily now it's a steady 200g/day.

So this is after dirty bulk. If so not bad of a progress

You are going to lose mass on a cut, cant control where from. best you can hope for is maintaining strength and bulking right the next time around

>sides, my.

You may THINK your TDEE is 3,000 calories, but I can pretty much guarantee that it's lower than that. I am willing to bet that you could eat 3,000 calories each day and gain just fine.

Thanks man!

>38827949

Damn, I'm gonna try and hit my goals and will do what you said. Cut into summer maintain strength, control bulk into 2017 winter.

I did a calc and it was 3k, but my bmr was 1900. Are there any real accurate ways to tell over the net?

Thanks everyone.

The best BMR formula is the Katch-McArdle formula, which takes only your lean mass into account (traditional BMR calculators will overestimate your BMR if you have excess body fat). To use that particular formula, you'll need a fairly accurate estimate of your body fat.

Also, when it comes to calculating your TDEE from your BMR, don't overestimate your activity level. Let's say you have a desk job but you lift heavy for an hour every weekday. You might be tempted to use the 1.55X multiplier for "moderately active individuals," since you DO technically exercise 3-5 days per week. However, your lifestyle, apart from that hour of lifting each day, is much closer to "sedentary," meaning you should probably choose the 1.2X multiplier. If this is the case for you, then your "TDEE" of 3k calories is actually more like a 720-calorie surplus.

Of course, they're all just estimates anyway. Once you've settled on a number, set your surplus or deficit and track your weight from week to week. You can adjust your intake if you're losing/gaining too quickly/slowly from one week to the next.

Sorry for the DYEL question, but how the hell do you even measure your BF% at home without a measuring tape?

If you're trying to do it at home, you'd need a set of calipers (which you can buy online or even from somewhere like GNC for less than $20). Measuring with calipers may not give great results if you aren't very good at using them, though. You could go to a gym and get a personal trainer to measure yours. If you want to get fancy (and more accurate), you can get a BodPod test or a DEXA scan.

On the other hand, if you can't get a good estimate of your BF, you can just use the other BMR calculator (the one based on height and body weight) and just be conservative with your TDEE multiplier. That's the most important part anyway.

Thank you so much user. Btw I'm not the user you replied to earlier but that info helped me as well. Anyway, since I live in a shithole and go to a pretty old gym there's noone there to measure it for me, nor do I think I'll be ordering those since I'm saving up money for some protons.

So I guess for now I'll just make rough estimates and use what I have at my disposal. Thanks once again man.

what's the best food to eat for a clean bulk? still sorta new to all this. i'm just making sure i hit my calorie and protein goals each day and stay away from junk food like the plague. maybe there's more i should be looking at, idk

No prob, dude. Good luck with your goals!

clean bulk just means eating a little (300-500) calories over your TDEE. The actual foods don't matter

DO NOT DIRTY BULK UNLESS YOU ARE SKELLY.

YOU CAN ONLY BUILD A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MUSCLE PER MONTH

EATING MUCH MORE THAN THAT GROWTH IS JUST ADDING FAT ON FOR NO BENEFIT

YOU WILL CONSTANTLY BE DISSATISFIED WITH HOW YOU LOOK DESPITE WORKING OUT

LATER ON YOU WILL HAVE TO SPEND A LOT OF TIME CUTTING THE FAT, WASTING TIME YOU COULD BE CLEAN BULKING

DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKES I DID REEEEEE

oh ok, i feel like a tard rn

Its okay, its good to eat healthily like you are. Just know that the main part of dieting is whether you are above you below your TDEE (How many calories you burn per day)
You can eat chicken and rice all day and still get fat (if you are eating over TDEE) and you can eat mcdonalds 3 times a day and lose fat (under TDEE)
Consider tracking calories or at least looking into it

Since i began lifting i always heard that the 10 rep range maximizes gains. I began lifting 4 months ago and i can bench press 10reps of 135lb+the bar

is that too little?