/OWG/ Olympic Weightlifting General

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>dying sport edition

>dead sport edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq

>helpful blogs:
yashathoughts.com
pentupwl.files.wordpress.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

>youtube stuff:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLfIeSgSBSoCJpz57KfVoqp4K4AeSFAfD
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLotmoPX6Kq0WJH2uws60250m1YTtg3j8Q

>prev thred
fuck knows

Other urls found in this thread:

teamusa.org/usa-weightlifting/LIVE
youtube.com/watch?v=bzzF4ZQ_Gok
youtube.com/watch?v=PYaeIty9hso
instagram.com/p/BKtYManhoROx-kE57ZvySvq5lMXCnIUnxcbYG00/
youtube.com/watch?v=8p0kYllB4EY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I focused on my snatch too much and added some kilos to my max, but now my clean is just shit. What should I do to regroove my clean?

I can't seem to catch it properly, or even rack it properly for FS. I know I fucked up /owg/ no bully..

well first you have to analyze your tech and see what you're doing wrong

then fix it with increasing workload of clean

pls post more webms user

I think I've just gotten lazy with my catch. I was thinking of doing some hang cleans instead of from the floor.

no vid soz, will post one soon.

ok but i dont have too many

if it works for you then fine but i dont really believe in variations

>trying out oly lifts now that i hit 1/2/3/4
>can clean/jerk okay
>can't snatch
Good videos for overhead squat balance/mobility? Also. is the bar supposed to hit your pelvis as you thrust your hips in the snatch?

you shouldnt be kicking the bar out in snatch

and it's prob your upper back, shoulders and ankles that need more mobility

General question:

Anyone have issues randomly with hook grip?

Been Oly lifting for about 1.25 years, no general mobility issues that I or my last two coaches noticed. And now have randomly developed a mild tendonitis at the base of my right thumb that I'm currently resting on until away. Regular grip of barbell when cleaning/snatching does not aggravate it - only when hooking the grip.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is it just maybe a random thing that you guys run in to from time to time? Or is there maybe a specific thing I'm doing that this is a consequence of?

>pic unrelated, just there to grab your attention

Oi
Juan is lifting today, 77B teamusa.org/usa-weightlifting/LIVE

>long arms with long forearms
>long legs with long femurs
>all around weak as piss
>zero natural strength

is there any point if you don't have any talent?

>upper back almost stronger than lower back
anyone else know this feel?
my cleans are stalling because I'm dying on the first pull lmao

Comp in precisely 1 week. Tested snatch and clean and jerk this week. Total went up 7kg. There is only 1 other lad in my weight class there

fuckin mg end me

who still lifts in that gym? logan, richard, glenn sound familiar to you? anyone making gains at all or just lifting the same weights for the past 10 years?

Do you have to be this fast to do the lifts?

what that person at the end say to you?

shit lifts this week lads. tech felt all kinds of off. i also got my flu shot yesterday, so that threw off my mojo. Here's hoping to a better next week

You have to be 18 to browse this board.

logans there, he's in ireland for school again, hes also going university internationals or whatever. he's a bit of twink a twink but he seems to be doing fine. i met him when he came back in the summer.

i think glenn got popped for clen or just gave up or something, i never met the guy.

i've never heard of richard.

as for whether anybody is makin gains... just look at me. i progress at a snails pace???

he said that clean was heavy enough since i was failing to jerk 75 after cleaning it

>i can snatch 70
>cant jerk it consistently

Mark?

He probably told him to stop dropping the pussy ass weights. This is how equipment gets fucked up and its annoying to hear weights dropped only to see a dyel instead of someone lifting a motivating and respectable amount of weight.

Definitely not Mark. One of my "team mates" is mark though

Trappy returns.

mark haaksman??????????

Camera angle makes it hard to tell whether your triple extension is a hump or not.

No. Am Canadian BTW

nah someone else

Don't tell me this frumpy looking fucker is still at it. If this is new, YOU STILL LACK ANY AMOUNT OF ATHLETICISM! How do you even?

How big is powerlifting in Maryland? Would like to get into it here but don't know anything about the scene except for having C&J form down and working on catching snatch low

ye me too youre in Bc or alberta arent you? you were posting before about a comp on the 1st.

im going to a comp on the 1st too here in ontadio

Interesting that he seems to be using a nylon belt. He's still a roid using fucker though.

Alberta. How's your comp looking?

>Interesting that he seems to be using a nylon belt

yeah that's so interesting right. ilya never used a nylon belt b4 u saw this webm

retard

Any Floridians here? New to the sport and not sure what gym I should go to/ what I should be looking for.

Where in Florida? I think there's someone from Miami here and Danny Camargo has a gym in Fl, he's considered pretty decent for an american

Camargo is considered a decent coach*

Hi guys, how is the begining of the season going? Do you have weight/total goals?

I recently tested maxes after spending summer fixing technique, doing lot of accessories exercices. I've been cutting slowly to go down to 58 cat.

youtube.com/watch?v=bzzF4ZQ_Gok
youtube.com/watch?v=PYaeIty9hso

In Gainesville atm m8. Not a student so can't join UF club. Am looking all around Fl as I'm on the move alot these days.

Is the snatch hard to learn? Been thinking of incorporating olympic lifts into my wildcard days

That training hall looks comfy as fuck

If you already know the movements, I can vouch for lifetime fitness, they have platforms and usually only half the oly bars are bent

Rest week almost over. Feeling very antsy. Hoping for 105/125 by the end of this next 'cycle'. Still don't have a proper place to lift.

everybody uses roids at this level. you're fooling yourself if you think differently

>powerlifting

this is not powerlifting

u r hot and thicc

pls b my gf

Ur...
Ur me...

Just do it for fun and health if you can't compete

hehe and u said i couldnt be athletic because im a fat PL????? take this u twinks, you can probably cant push press 60kg xD

>push press
>xD

typical powerlifter

Yes and no. As the other guy said, your hips shouldn't be kicking the bar out away from your body - the last point it should touch is your hips, then it should travel straight up about a milimetre away from your chest.

As for your mobility, do a few behind the neck presses with a snatch grip with JUST THE BAR if you can over the course of a few sessions. That was enough for me to get into a decent position for the overhead squat.

>fun and health
>health

should have mentioned I am also glass man with a million injuries

what are weights?

post lifts

betting 10$ that I'm a fuckton weaker than you

62/72 kg at 59kg bodyweight if you wonder

>"females" with short hair

It is if you do it as a wildcard. If not, it's basically the same principle as the clean but you rack it overhead rather than on your shoulders. Quite a few youtube vids out there on how exactly that works in practice.

hmm who could this be

Does that mean that I could do well with short legs and long back?

First comp next week. Just tested this week and managed 97/122. Aiming for 100/125 at the comp. As for goals I'd love 110 and 135 by new years.

squats of any kind should be very easy for you, which makes for an advantage in both the clean and the snatch

fake and gay

JESUS FUCK why is my mobility so shit?

I can't overhead squat. I can't even get in a good position without leaning forward and/or getting nerve compressions. I can C&J just fine but can't snatch.

Come to think of it my C&J is probably shit too. The coach said I have significant buttwink when squatting and that my front knee isn't aligned properly when jerking.

God damn it how can something so effortless-looking be so god damn hard?

Have you tried any stretching and doing mobility work? Nobody has the right mobility for oly lifting off the bat.

Yeah a few times. Coach reccomends three times a week 30minutes. Would that be enough?

Also how long would it take to become flexible enough? Is it up to the individual?

THE CHINESE DREAM TEAM IS DEAD.

weightlifting is a dying sport.

no ilya ilin, no lu xiaojun, no liao hui, no klokov anymore
plus its lost momentum in the trend. less and less people seem to care about it now

That looked fucking terrible.

worried that ill snatch more than i cj
my jerk technique is just god awful.

i also lift 7PM, not used to lifting that late at all.
i dont have any expectations. ill just go and see how it goes.

you have a good form in the pull. your body doesn't understand how to catch the bar at the bottom of the squat though. thats normal, a lot of people don't. i would suggest doing power snatches only for heavy weights and working with a low weight trying to catch the bar at the bottom of the squat. because right now you're just power snatching and trying to squat down with the bar after already catching it

imagine a 5 year old not paying attention and walking into that blender and getting hooked by one of those meat cylinders

what do you think would happen

what are you even talking about

i have le nasty habit of always powering my snatches, and not going into a squat.

my issue in catching snatches low is rigidity. mainly in my back, my hips are usually too rigid, which keeps me from hitting the bottom.

there's not much wrong with catching the weight high and riding it down anyway. when it gets heavy, once it gets heavy, you'll catch it low if you try.

in a proper full snatch, you should catch the bar below parallel if not at the very bottom. very few good lifters will ride it down. if you keep doing that you're going to find yourself hitting a plateau. its much easier to hit a plateau with poor technique than good technique

do oly lifters do any direct shoulder work? OHP and that kind of thing?

Me Asian. Me lu xiaojun. Me Chinese love long time weifhtlifting. Me set world record next year

i think you're an idiot. you don't catch a 20kg snatch rock bottom.

yes but it's not meant to directly assist the lifts, because it usually wont.

Hit 4kgs over my best meet cnj from April for a joocy double this week . m8s. Beard PR too.

instagram.com/p/BKtYManhoROx-kE57ZvySvq5lMXCnIUnxcbYG00/

Fucking hell I can hardly believe you're still at it, made progress somehow

youtube.com/watch?v=8p0kYllB4EY
just trying to help out. good luck with your power snatch-overhead squats.

blagoy blagoev more like ur mom blew my blagoy

you're 20+ years old 85kg totaling 260kg man. keep doing what you're doing but dont take it too seriously

have you nevsr seen someone do a submaximal snatch before?

at maximla weights its caught rock bottom, meaning WRs and other big lifts. thats normal.

pretty much any good lifter when lifting submaximal weights wil catch it and ride it down.

as it gets heavier, they catch it lower.

does that notmake sense to you?????

very impressive, but I think your heels are coming off the ground too much on the first pull.

have been having a lot of trouble with clean and jerks lately. every time i go relatively heavy, the bar seems to crash down on me, and really push my upper chest down. i feel a kind of internal pain as if it's pushing my bones inwards, or something. could it just be lack of upper body strength? could it be mistiming?

bw 86kg, snatch 93kg, clean and jerk 105kg.

happens to me anytime i'm cleaning more than 93kg or so. i hit 97kg fairly easily the other day, but couldn't stand from 102kg. honestly almost feels easier to snatch 93kg than to clean and jerk it

>you don't catch a 20kg snatch rock bottom.
every rep should be executed the same. your 50% should look like your 95%. catch every snatch rock bottom, dunkhead

except thats not true.

your power clean should look the same as a full clean, your clean oull shkuld look rhe same too.but its not the same????
t. you're stupid.

how do you snatch the bar and catch it in bottom pos without sacrificingnhuge amounts ofnpower in your extension? either you dont put much energy into the bar at all so you catch it low, or you put a normak amount of energy into it and catch it higher and ride it down. eithef way the lift is different.

if youre to do your 50% the exact same as your 95%, youre doing somethng wrong. because the movements will be different. timing will be different at heavier weights, mechanics will ideally be the same, but temoo and energy snd agression are different.

if you snatch 40kg and extend with full force (the same amount of effort you put into 100%), and you get under st the bar just as fast as yiu do with 100%, it doesnt matte.r the bar will stil be locked out before you reach the bottom, because it has so much energy going up. even if you do get down so fast youre in the bottom, youll be tugging the bar down and having it crash on you.

this is bad.

youre a fucking dumbo t-minus go fuck yourself kidd

While it's entirely possible, and maybe even likely that many top lifters are on roids, they are innocent until proven guilty

Nobody is fooled, when there's only one person on roids they stick out like a sore thumb, like boyanka did, for example

In English people usually use the present participle in this situation instead of just the regular present tense

>if you are wondering

You can stretch every day

But it's not something you do without concentrating on it, you have to try really hard when you stretch to do it properly, so maybe three times per week is better

After a month or so you will see a significant improvement

>bald + beard
v nice

I'm getting a little thin on top so I'm probably going to start shaving my head soon

Could be a million things going wrong senpai, post a video, my guess is you're pulling it too high and it's crashing down on you

Whats your fs max?

Get your elbows around and recieve in a tight front squat focus on this during warmup like power clean most of our warmup focus on tight rack position and ride it down to a full

Helps a lot. Watch Dimas or zlatan vanev or any good lifter really

Yo