I did a complimentary session with a personal trainer this week and they told me my SS style workout is all wrong...

I did a complimentary session with a personal trainer this week and they told me my SS style workout is all wrong. I wanted advice on my squat and deadlift form but she made me do all these wacky jog around the gym and roll around on the mats exercises.

we also had to set a goal weight and I was like I dont really care I just want to be strong and she became very flustered and said I need a goal weight if I ever expect to make progress. I told her i dont know 170 and she said "you'll never make it with that attitude"

the session ended with her telling me if I want to make it, I need a one on one trainer because I'm a mess. she said it's $20 for once a month, but she suggests much more and ASAP

feeling bummed. have you misled me, Veeky Forums

this is poor bait. you should feel ashamed for giving such low effort.

>woman trainer
There's your problem

I'm being dead serious, with some sarcasm to the roll around the mats and she may have never said word for word "make it"

person A
>wants money from you
Person B
>gives advice from the kindness of their hearts

Who do you trust more, OP?

too many meme trainers. waste your time on doing exercises to make you tired so the client feels the burn. then wonders why they made zero progress

This. How dare you question the Veeky Forums brotherhood, when all you were ever given were truths, with nothing asked in return

that's exactly what it felt like. I was doing 15-20 reps of exercises and thinking "if I just lifted my arms above my head 20 times I'd start to feel a little burn"

f-forgive me...

"You'll never make it."

$100 she didn't say that because she doesn't exist and this story is bullshit

yeah I mentioned earlier she probably didn't say that word for word, but it was the point she made

Be clear on what your goal is. Are you trying to be stronger, or lose weight or whatever you want, you need to be very clear about it. You are the customer and she is meant to help you. Also it sounds like you have a shit/lazy bum attitude, lose it mate

>person A
>>wants money from you
>Person B
>>gives advice from the kindness of their hearts

rip just wants you to buy his plagiarized book and get fat

personal trainer will see you wqeek in and week out and will be accountable for your outcome

hmm, wonder which will be more successful

yes, fit would never shill you, senpai.

Just in case you're not a troll, this is a marketing tactic she's using to sell her services to you. Of course she's telling you that you're no good without her or else you wouldn't need her (which you don't). This is so obvious though that this is probably just a troll. Oh well, cost me nothing to explain that.

Thanks for reminding me to take my sip today, senpai

What part of my attitude? Not trying to argue you might be right

>personal trainer will see you wqeek in and week out and will be accountable for your outcome
Yeah except they're not. Do you ever see anyone with a personal trainer besides some actor actually look good? Because it's in their best interest to keep you mediocre so you keep buying sessions.

Thanks for the char pic user. Patrician taste.

You're better off saving the money and going to an SS seminar, they'll teach the fuck out of you on how to actually get strong. People who go to see personal trainers aren't going to get strong, they're going to have an excuse for their shitty lifestyle choices

Every personal trainer I've ever spoken to has had no training apart from a brief course on being a PT, and had no knowledge apart from outdated crap and old memes. Few where even fit. One was a legit fat fucker, another had a dadbod with a big beer belly.

If a complimentary session is offered, ignore their advice and ask for help with form and etc. If they object just say that you'll order more PT hours later when you have a better goal in mind, right now you just want proper form to avoid injury. Tends to shut them up, since they anticipate making more money. Don't actually get more PT hours.

Great baiting, matey. Sage