Mfw my gym injury is finally healed

>mfw my gym injury is finally healed

It's gametime boys

>yfw

Newbie here. How does one injure themself in the gym? Is it because of ego lifting?

Sometimes you get an injury.

Hope you patched up your ego and lift smarter OP

>pushing yourself for the last rep where you're shaking/struggling
>maxes
>low reps
>fast ugly reps, not controlling the weight

all of these make your prone to injury

Some people are stupid

sure hope you dont injure yourself again user

punching pepe meme is my favorite these days

And sometimes bad luck or other people

>>fast ugly reps, not controlling the weight
is that simply anoer form of ego lifting?

The only thing I patched up was an empty hole in my chest when I couldn't continue to lift, but that time is OVER

Thank you, I flew too close to the sun bro. It wasn't ego, it was inspiration

*puts in a headlock*

>cmon bro you got one more rep in you
>you can barely move it, helps you lift it

4 MORE REPS CMON GODDAMIT

>high school weightlifting class for 3 years
>everyone has ugly form
>injuries were only present during power clean maxes

moral of the story, dont do maxes, crossfit, or olympic lifting

and bad form

OP here, I'm just going to go out and say it. If you don't get a gym injury at least 3 times in your life, you're not dedicating yourself to fitness. Step it up bros, sacrifice for the cause

this

I feel like my titties are going to tear any second. My shit gets pumped, but 1 year later I'm still fine and upgraded all my shirts. I'm so scared of doing inclines every time

yep

Fucking hate this. Went to the gym with a new uni friend more focused on BB. He was spotting me on incline bench and I was like dude fuck off these last reps have been 70% you let me rack the damn weight faggot

Haha this. I swear I'd hurt myself every time I'd go for a PC max in high school. Then again I was the only one doing above 2 pl8

I pushed myself, and dislocated my shoulder this way.

Whoo! Now get back to the gym!

ISLEE, ISLEE, ISLEE

YOU NEVER LERN MEN

>tfw scared of working out biceps because of all this videos where the biceps "snaps" and the guy looks in extreme pain

How do i take this ones out of my head?

Do you really have to get injuries? Maybe it's something else that caused it? I don't like the idea of getting injuries to get gains.

Im still a newb lifting 70% of 1rm NOT to failure.

You gotta snap your bicep bro. Face the fear head on, conquer it, only then will you be ready.

I'm mostly being sarcastic in this thread, but sometimes injuries happen regardless of your form.

>when 1pl8 clean was hard for some and they benched 2pl8

you can snap city anything...that biceps video they were mostly doing deadlifting maxes. The only one that was weird was the guy curling like 15lbs, but I'm gonna assume he did a bicep workout then decided to do 100 reps of the 15lbs to failure or some shit

>long day at school
>take a nap
>Oh shit gym is closing soon
>go do some squats with minimal warm up
>265lbs 1st set
>3rd rep, feel a sudden tightness in my left IT band
>finish set, rack
>slightly sensitive to the touch, no bruising, maybe slight pain but mostly tight

This was on Thursday. Th-this is just a muscle cramp, right? I can walk and air squat no problem.

JUST

I think it's just a muscle cramp

>Tfw gym timeskip from your injury and everyone is stronger than you

>left arm might have TOS
>or labral tear on shoulder
>or rotator cuff tear
>or a combination of the three
>this has been going on for 2 years
anything in this world, but I just want a healthy body

>>fast ugly reps, not controlling the weight
the entirety of olympic lifting is based on being fast

your argument is invalid

>in agony from gym injury
>almost complete recovery in only a week

>88
>33
>66

I had light pain in my back tuesday and I knew I shouldn't have lifted. I tried to squat anyway even though I was going to take the day off and rest for a bit and I fucked it up so much worse, and it was completely avoidable. I think it's just a muscle strain from overuse, hopefully I can get back at it tomorrow. after I first did it I couldn't even roll over in bed but it's gotten much better since then.
If you think/feel like you are going to fuck something up, you are going to fuck something up. Just take the day off.

it just happens man, i lifted for 1 year, hit about 3 pl8 deadlift and was stuck for awhile

One day when it was a NON deadlift day i decided i'd do my deadlift anyways cause lol gains (this is in my second year of lifting)

I only did 1 warmup set and thought
>kek i do 3pl8 deadlift working weight so who cares about warming up) but SOMETHIGN DIDNT FEEL RIGHT

FUCKING LISTEN TO YOUR BODY
IF YOU GRAB THE BAR AND GET A STRONG FEELING OF "hmm maybe i shouldn't , something isn't quite right" THEN FUCKING LISTEN TO YOURSELF

I pull it up halfway and POP, there goes my fucking back and i couldn't really do shit for like a week and i healed back up fairly quick (about 1-2 weeks after getting hurt i was able to deadlift again but took it easy and inched my way back up from 1pl8)

tl;dr
>Listen to your fucking body
>Always warmup + warmup sets
>get your form fucking perfect

It's not healed

i think what he's saying is , There is always a chance to get injured no matter what. It's the nature of the "sport"

If your not in the gym very often you're not likely to get injured , But if you take it serious and lift for years you are bound to get injured simple due to volume of workouts

Fuck you!?!

Okay advice.

Good advice.

It can be a byproduct of bad form, ego weight, pushing too hard, etc.

Olympic is not ugly, it's fucking beautiful.

My wrist hurts like hell and I don't know what to do. It came out of nowhere, slowly built up to a point I couldn't ignore it anymore. I had skipped gym for 2 weeks, and I thought it healed. But I did some curls yesterday and it went to shit again.

what do?

durrr my injury healed better post a fucking stupid frog picture to celebrate!!

Hope you get injured again, little boy.

prevent it by adequate warm ups and constantly assessing form. minor form breakdown at maximal weights is forgivable, constant form breakdown at working weights and you should drop the weight a bit and fix shit.

if something's bugging you, take a few days off and recover. I'll ignore some minor stuff like inflamed elbows, but if I strain something or have a bad pain or nagging pain, I'll take a day or a week off.

lift heavy and often other than that though.

>being this mad

Sorry life's given you lemons bro

Do some wrist strengthening work
>Light reverse curls
>Light or as heavy as comfortable farmers walks with a tight grip

Key here is to lower all your lifts basicly and focus on form and getting your wrist strong

You're a little kid, you annoy every person you've ever met.

*tips fedora*

Very insightful, mature adult

You are a small little annoying boy. Prepubescent voice makes people walk away from you.

*puts in a headlock*

Enough is enough. Lights out, bud

Ok little kid. How many more frog photos do you have little boy? Do you collect them like you do with POGS? little boy.

I only collected slammers

Collecting pepes is fucking patrician you little bitch. Have one, on the house.

fucking kek!

>He doesn't know that fear is the mind killer
Enjoy your little death