Anyone follow this program? I'm looking for a new way to challenge my body (did heavy lifting, did an iron man)...

Anyone follow this program? I'm looking for a new way to challenge my body (did heavy lifting, did an iron man). Regular crossfit seems a little easy to me, how tough is seal fit?

Fuck sealfit go crossfit football or one of their programs. Or a competitive program. Invictus, comptrain or misfit

Thanks. Are all of those paid programs?

>crossfit
kys

Why does crossfit get hate on Veeky Forums?

Nope, all free

Lack of understanding, it's community based so all the autists on here are scared to go in. Bringing up stats like "it hurts people" while in reality people get hurt every day in regular gyms and have worse form. If you're in a good gym (there are a ton of shitty ones to be sure) you get taught proper form.

> Veeky Forums can't do it
It's a proper mix of hiit and weight lifting, so fits autismo on both subjects leads to intense rabid rage towards it
> crossfit is very social
Fit is mostly neets and shitposters so the idea of working with others and around others sends them on a rampage

It's cardio with weights, and we know how Veeky Forums feels about cardio.

But really, I think everyone should give crossfit a proper go just to see if their body can rise to the challenge.

>this thread

2016 Veeky Forums ladies and gents

>oh no my rippletits echo chamber!

Its pretty much glorified cardio you can do yourself for free

Some of it you can do for free, yes. But what's wrong with that? Why does one style of working out have a monopoly on what is "fit" here?

Anyways, there's tons of crossfit workout plans, and some of them have heavy lifting in there.

Because its cardio. If you wanted to grow muscle you would do straight lifting instead of dragging wheel barrels or whatever dumbshit they do.

Also
>gym: $30 a month
>crossfit: $125 a month

They're into strength AND conditioning. All around fitness vs. just being about to lift heavier.

You don't have to go to a crossfit gym to follow the workouts. Yes, there are a lot of crossfaggots out there, but people who are trained in proper form, know their limits, and what can lead to snap city, will benefit.

As for kipping pullups, I personally think they're shit, but what is push press if not kipping OHP?

Shit. I need to go back and get a refund then because we did an olympic lifting technique class today, and we never did more than one rep at a time.

kipping pull ups are a completely different exercise than pull ups. You wouldn't shit on someone's deadlift for not being a good power clean, so why are kipping pull ups so different?

When someone pulls out the inevitable >they snap your shoulders, prove it.

Not that I advocate push presses parly because it scares me for some reason, but that's actually still working out the intended body part and more considering you're pushing more weight.

A kipping pullup is almost zero lats. It's not even fucking comparable.

But who do you want to spend $100+ more money for something you can do exactly the same or even better for a lot less money?

I guess they're ok if the workout calls for them, but if you're kipping just to get amrap, I frown on that.

You're actually using your muscles on the eccentric moving phase during the push press. Kipping pullups is just doing a weird fish flopping motion while holding onto a bar.

In both a kipping pull-up and a push press you're using the momentum created by the lower body to help with what is normally an upper body movement. And the more momentum you can create with the lower body, the easier the movement becomes -- you can do more weight or more reps.

A true kipping pull-up isn't just a cheated pull-up. It's actually a very technical movement. Proper execution requires timing, power, and coordination, especially when you're linking them together (no pause at the bottom between reps).

Where I see value in the kipping pull-up for someone simply focusing on getting more muscular is that they allow you to get more reps once your muscles are fatigued at the end of a set of strict pull-ups.

>Where I see value in the kipping pull-up for someone simply focusing on getting more muscular is that they allow you to get more reps once your muscles are fatigued at the end of a set of strict pull-ups.
The only way pullups make you huge is if you start adding weight eventually and try doing that flopping bullshit with 90lbs added. Ain't happening, brah.

ye lets all do crossfit instead lmao. don't forget your paleo herba-life products too.

you're never gonna make it, but its ok. people like you make people like me look good

>They're into strength AND conditioning

no they aren't, you cannot build strength past noobgains without progressive overload. this is why crossfitfags max out their strength gains after 3 months. crossfit is pure cardio with weights and an added risk of injury. and since you're not keeping your heart rate controlled at all times, it's not even good cardio

>Yes, there are a lot of crossfaggots out there, but people who are trained in proper form, know their limits, and what can lead to snap city, will benefit.

no they wont. as i said with crossfit there is no actual progress, and even people with good form are risking injury when they're doing 100 sets with a timer

ye and after you learn the technique, prepare to do x100 sets with babyweights and a timer to infinity. if you wanna train oly lifts, find an oly lifting association that actually trains oly lifters

>Where I see value in the kipping pull-up for someone simply focusing on getting more muscular is that they allow you to get more reps once your muscles are fatigued at the end of a set of strict pull-ups

the only way to gain serious mass is with weighted pull-ups, and what you just said is a drop set that can be done with bodyweight after your weighted set. kipping pull-up is like doing bench with the bar, it does nothing because it offers too little resistance to the intended muscle group.

That's not what I'm saying. Following rippletits isn't the only way to be fit.

>people like you make people like me look good

Not fat just bulking, right user?

i wrote sets instead of reps for some reason.

>hat's not what I'm saying. Following rippletits isn't the only way to be fit

rippletits provides a program for noobs up to their 6th month of training. but powerlifting is the only way to get stronger past noob-gains. as for endurance, granted that bs exercise regimes like trx and x-fit will give you better endurance, again people training endurance seriously would benefit more by a controlled movement on an instrument with a heart-rate monitor, where they can monitor their heart-rate according to their goals.

But hey if you wanna throw your money away at bs fad exercise regimes/diets/whatever be my guest.

>Not fat just bulking, right user?
nice projection

>powerlifting is the only way to get stronger past noob-gains

Hahahahahah.

You do realise that crossfit is all they do in NSW? What do they know, bunch of limp wrested weaklings those navy seals. They don't give a shit about monitoring your heart rate, all they care about is you putting out.

ok kid

If you think I'm baiting come join me at tradet gym, I'll introduce you to the 2 crossfit coaches.

Fuck that shit, follow the pic related book that was made by professors solely for Navy Seals, instead of 5x5 they do 12/8/8/6/6 and increase each rep with % of weight in order to push your body to its limits.

Cardio is hard though. If I lift a heavy thing once I feel like I've accomplished something because it's clearly very heavy even to the untrained eye.

Mostly autism, but as far as actual legitimate criticism that I've seen:

1) Some of the programming, esp. w/ regards to oly lifts, is unsafe, especially for the typical crossfit population.

2) There are more efficient ways to get stronger, faster, etc. You'd be better off doing strength training and conditioning work separately than you would from combining them together like you do in crossfit.

That said, I think it can be done in a reasonably safe fashion, and it's a good way to get people to exercise. Honestly, your average joe who just wants to get in better shape is going to have more fun doing crossfit WODs with their crossfit friends (and thus stick with it) than they are doing a powerlifting program and pushing prowlers. Training optimally isn't their goal in the first place, they're just trying to be more active.

>Shit. I need to go back and get a refund then because we did an olympic lifting technique class today
>class

There's your problem faggot

Wouldn't you just lose ability in one area as soon as you started the other?

Sorry, is there an actual workout plan here?

That's a load of crap
1. They wouldn't post their actual workout because they don't want other people to know
2. It's a well known fact that crossfit was first picked up by the military, and the director of the games is an ex navy seal

What I mean is do both strength training, and conditioning training, but don't combine them into one workout.