Hey linkers, riddle me this. If sibos is such a hype, why isn't everyone buying right now?

Hey linkers, riddle me this. If sibos is such a hype, why isn't everyone buying right now?

protip: they won't because sibos is priced in

NOBODY IS EXPECTING HYPE FROM SIBOS, IT'S THE NEWS THAT WILL BE RELEASED AFTER SIBOS THAT WILL MAKE THE PRICE GO UP. STOP THIS FUCKING MEME.

Wow you genius cuck LOL. Of course its priced in but if no news hits you will get a big drop. Geta brain transplant asap.

Everyone is selling because they are afraid of SIBOS and the news afterwards.

The reason I bought LINK is because I believe in the technology behind it.

It's the third coin to do something new after ONLY Bitcoin and ETH.

Even if LINK fails and I lose all my money I will still feel like I made the right investment that just didn't come of the ground. This is technically the best investment I've ever made just looking at the technology behind the coin.

The only coin I've ever went 100% on before was ETH. And I think LINK has more potential than ETH. Please just read the whitepaper and understand the actual technology behind the coin.

most of the money in crytpo since May does not really understand the technology to the extent we do

thanks... exactly my thoughts.

The price has been floating around 40 cents for two weeks.
The ony people who would be buying at this point are people who only just found out about LINK, which I imagine are fairly rare since there is virtually zero marketing.

Guess what though, SIBOS is one huge marketing opportunity for LINK.

This exactly.

Thanks for articulating

i know its a meme, but whales have been accumulating at roughly the same price range for a while now

If you sell under 0.50$ you are a retard

>Guess what though, SIBOS is one huge marketing opportunity for LINK.
This is what any non-retard realizes. None of us care about the presentation, they are just showing what we know they have worked on. And banking is only one application of chainlink, its not the only application.

I think this.

>LINK has more potential than ETH
>LINK is ERC 20 and _NEEDS_ ETH
How does it have more potential than ETH? That's like saying engines have more potential than cars...

SIBOS is a private event, no livestream. Just restroom presentations and fintech people having a nice lunch. Worst opportunity for marketing.

LINK tokens need ETH

Chainlink technology doesn't

>That's like saying engines have more potential than cars...
Jets, boats, machinery, bikes...

>How does it have more potential than ETH?
Because it allows for ETH's smart contracts to be applied to mainstream transactions.

>SIBOS is a private event
Yes, for SWIFT's network of banks.
Look up what that entails.

>engines don't have uses outside cars

kys

I sold all mine earlier and waiting to buy all back when it dips further.

What are the implications of this for a LINK token holder?
If the technology transfers to other blockchains, our tokens are irrelevant?

That's a great analogy actually. Glad you understand now.

The network uses the tokens, but the data can be applied to different blockchains.

That's why a token is used instead of a coin, to be relatively independent from any specific blockchain.

The people on this board I fucking swear.

major precoping

Funny how you guys focus on such a technical
triviality when you wholeheartedly know the analogy is correct and - in fact - proving my point. Without eth, link tokens cannot exist. If their technology was so good and didn't need eth, then why have the link token in the first place?

Alright I will take the bait, it is used to incentivize node operators or something like that, right? Why can't this not be done in eth? It's an artificial asset merely introduced to create an unnecessary flow of value, whilst in fact the flow of value already exists.

[x] checkmate

Price manipulation after sibos these whales will be small fish and will get burned thinking they can tank the price just hold bud

why does every other coin exist honestly. why don't we just use eth to decrease fees on bnb. why don't we just use eth to stake to get dividends on coss. why don't we just use eth to pay for music instead of opus/voise. eliminate all other coins and let just eth and btc stay lets fuckin go

Without roads, cars couldn't exist. Doesn't mean cars weren't a world-altering invention.

>Why can't this not be done in eth?
Because Chainlink is meant to work with various blockchains.
Tokens are supposed to be incentives for the Chainlink network and thus reflect its value, while the price of eth reflects a whole mess of other factors.

This is what tokens were meant for in the first place.

Without internet Google and Facebook couldn't exist.

Who do you think makes more profit? Internet providers or Google?

Actually a good argument.
Rare to find these on this site

Completely different comparison

I hold over 300k
This fucking linkies are really annoying. "OMG SIBOS OMG NEEWS TO THE MOON"
Shut the fuck up, it's not even said if there will be any news after. just hold and shut your stupid hype mouth

>It's the third coin to do something new after ONLY Bitcoin and ETH.
And XMR
Otherwise I agree with your post.

SIBOS is a huge deal as a marketing opportunity, but retards just have to have their little announcements or their world collapses.

Why?

Chainlink could be more valuable than eth. It depends on the number of transactions that occur over its network. The skies the limit.

Because Google is an internet website. The Internet cannot do Google things on its own. Eth can do exactly everything link does. In fact, even the decentralized oracle thing is fixed if ethereum gets a rest api on all its nodes

>can
>if

But does it do it now? If LINK does it first, game over.

>Eth can do exactly everything link does.

nope

> the decentralized oracle thing is fixed if ethereum gets a rest api on all its nodes
>chainlink isn't needed when vitalik makes his own chainlink

ok...

The actual reason: Because chainlink platform is built to interact with not only eth, but BTC, LTC, other non ERC20 coins (and ERC20 coins), it is important to have a valuation token that reflects the value of the service itself rather than a particular fluctuating asset. This way, when companies are paying their LINK into their smart oracles, the price is an accurate reflection of the current value of the chainlink platform they are utilizing.

>>SIBOS is a private event, no livestream. Just restroom presentations and fintech people having a nice lunch.

You have no clue how actual enterprise business actually works, do you? Do you know how much money the people at that "nice lunch control" and how its 3 full fucking days of these people talking with people about how to make more?

You're not gonna make it. Please sellor br burn any and all LINK tokens in your possession now

example: if your out-of-chain API wants to aggregate different currency prices and include information from decentralized exchanges, it would be useful to implement a smart oracle through chainlink for retrieving on-chain data. Though your application uses crypto information from blockchain, it doesn't necessarily "use" btc, eth etc. - it only wants to retrieve the data through the chainlink service platform. Therefore, the application only needs to be supplied with LINK, whose price is a reflection of the chainlink platforms current rate for use - there's no reason to ever actually use ETH, BTC, etc.

>engines have more potential than cars

are you retarded?

SWIFT transactions alone put it at more volume than any other coin/token out there.