Week Rest

Is taking a week worth of rest bad? I'm talking about taking a weeks worth of rest not an entire cheat week

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/russ24.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You won't lose any gains user. During this time you should yolo and get a deep tissue massage, or a massage in general. Eat at a 300cal surplus, and you'll come back to the gym even stronger srs.

> Not knowing week off improves strength

Not gonna make it.

A week of rest or going slow for a while works wonders.
You're a natural, not a gear head. So the whole WORKHARD ERREYDAY thing is the exact fucking opposite of what you need.

Post more of that chick, OP.

Can you explain this more? I try to lift 6 days a week on a PPL split in the mornings and then switch between running 3 days a week and ab routines and extensive stretching/yoga the other 3 days a week in the evening. So 12 workouts a week I guess. But I have depressioj and BDD and sometimes I lost that motivation completely and I've been really off it this week and also sprained my ankle so I haven't been doing running or squats and I feel useless and like absolute shit. But is it actually alright? I don't want to fall off again.

This, weeks off help resensitivize you to exercise wich means youll get more out of your routine than you would normally do once you get back to it. Also because fatigue dissipates faster than gains you might feel stronger and with more energy than when you left so its a win/win situation.

The depression and lethargy is your workouts and probable lack of adequate nutrition catching up to you.

You're going to feel and function like shit as long as you keep this up. You can keep going and hope that you can stabalize, but something is going to give. I don't mean you're going to die or anything I just mean you're going to get fucked up.

Severly cut back on or stop activity for a week or so and eat at maintenance for a while.
Then get back into the swing of things once you start feeling better.

No lie, the odd time I do take a week off, I come back lifting stronger and feeling more refreshed than ever.

Well to be honest I've been dealing with depression and everything for years now, basically since I was 13 or 14. I'm 21 now and this past year I've been trying to push myself intonbeing fit but always fall off after like 2 months. I wanted to take it seriously this time. I'm 6' 160 lbs male and I eat maybe 2500 calories to 3000 a day and try to work out as often as I can. But the reason I asked about the rest periods is because I lose that motivation so often I end up not doing half my workouts one week.

OP, take an 'active recovery' week. Lift fewer sets of less weight. Allow your body time to 'absorb' all the work you've been doing, completely recover and rebuild, and then the next week you'll come back stronger and fresher.

Rest week is nice. I usually take 1 week off every 3 months. Rest weeks let your body recover all the nagging wear and tear as well relieving a lot of mental stress. Every single time I actually come out of a recovery week stronger and more energized. I find the mental stress relief to be the most beneficial in all honesty.

You can read this and it gives you more information.
bodybuilding.com/fun/russ24.htm

All of these posts are fucking correct. I find Im stronger when taking a week off only because work and school take over but its godly to see how stronger you become. My arms never grew cause I never stopped and now the sleeves are getting tighter and my quads are filling my pants. Its going good.

I feel you, user. The first time I remember wanting to off myself, I was in elementary school. No traumatizing childhood or anything -- I just could never sleep and always wanted to never wake up if I could ever fall asleep sort of thing. Never got help because my best friend told me it was normal. She ended up in a mental institution by high school.

Anyways, try getting a gym buddy. That helped me. I used to always quit after a few months too, but now I've been going consistently for 3 years because of gym buddies. I get sad sometimes and don't feel like getting out of bed, but I don't want my friends to get stronger than me while I am moping under a blanket. Plus now I don't have to sperg out when I ask for a spotter.

If its true that taking a week off makes you stronger, why not just lift 1 day, then take a week off, then lift another day, then take another week off etc...? It should be the ultimate program.

This post reminds me of old troll science threads

Yovanna Ventura, most beautiful woman on the planet imo

You mean like the cat-bread method for unlimited power?

kek.

Jak Reksio szynkÄ™

Because you cant accumulate enough quality volume to last you for a week, so there would be no fatigue or repeated bouts effect to recover from.

I take every other weekend off, which equates to around a week a month. Nothing improves your lifts like rest.

are you on your period or something? fucking lazy ass faggot